The left calls the NRA thugs and cowards !!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yidnar, Dec 17, 2012.

1. yidnar

yidnar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +931
    surprise,surprise,the left is blaming conservative organisations like the NRA for the NEWTOWN shootings !!! Martin Bashir and other left wing commys are blaming the right for the killings !! a dispicable, shameless ,attempt by the left to attack the second amendment !!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. yidnar

yidnar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +931
    an armed public keeps this country free !!

3. yidnar

yidnar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +931
  4. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    Yeah I'm picking this up in my Facebook postings but I don't respond. They're real life friends, not folks I'd trash talk like here. :D

5. oldernwiser

oldernwiser VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +154
    I guess there are liberals and then there are liberals.

I'm a liberal, and I can't for the life of me find a way to make anyone responsible for the CT shootings than Lanza himself. I just don't see how we can keep guns out of the hands of those who would do others harm short of completely removing them from the face of the planet - and I just don't see that as a feasible solution.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    Honestly, I would love a world in which there were no guns, but that is not the world we live in. In the US, there are around 300 million guns owned by I don't know how many people. There is no realistic way to even confiscate them if the government wanted to.

7. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,860
    Likely they will re-instate the assault weapons ban with a cartridge limit on the number of bullets and possibly a ban on armor-piercing bullets also...

In Shift, Pro-Gun Democrats Signaling Openness to Limits
    December 17, 2012 WASHINGTON — Demonstrating rapidly shifting attitudes toward gun control in the aftermath of a massacre in a Connecticut school, many pro-gun Congressional Democrats — including Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, the majority leader and a longstanding gun rights supporter — signaled an openness Monday to new restrictions on guns.
    ... one needs to keep in mind that in the days of our founding fathers the one shot-musket was the state of the art weapons technology.

8. bayoubill

bayoubill aka Sheik Yerbouti... Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +930
    speaking of state-of-the-art weapons technology at the time of the Revolutionary War, many of the troops on our side had "home-grown" longrifles, aka Kentucky rifles, developed by colonial gunsmiths, which, in the hands of a skilled marksman, could hit a target at 200 yards... and were far superior to the standard-issue muskets carried by British soldiers... it's been said that the Kentucky rifle is what won the war for the insurgent Americans...

so, yeah... the framers of the Constitution well knew what a difference it can make for folks to have the latest weapons technology available to them...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  9. yidnar

yidnar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +931
    we need to protect ourselves from criminals !!! the man that committed these killings was a murderer before he got to the school !!! bad people get guns so good people need guns to protect

themselves against people out to do them harm !!an armed security guard could have saved many young lives !!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  10. Nole

Nole Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +126
    I would never blame the NRA, that would be a true lesson in futility. The NRA is for the most part a decent organization.

Where I would bring the NRA into this is why do they need to be involved with the federal government, they have on of the biggest lobbies in Washington. There is no need for that as the 2nd amendment is very clear as to our gun rights.