The leader of the Republican party says...

The first adult response, deserves a rebuttal: He has pressured them into doing things. As has Hannity, do you remember when they trumped up calls-to-congressman and what-not to defeat amnesty, and it actually worked? They have millions of listeners, surely they had a lot to do with the influx of phone calls.

Remember Steele even feeling the NEED to grovel (therein is a pressure into doing something).

Remember the (failed)strategy Rush encouraged in the last year's Pres. Primaries? A lot of people actually employed his "plan."

etc. etc. Just off the top.

No.. they do not.. they interview and spout off like any other entertainer.. they have absolutely NO basis to be able to pressure... they can scream to the heavens all they want, and they have no true pressure... the only way the politicians FEEL the pressure is knowing that voters can be exposed to a message or a perception... but in no way can Rush or Hannity or Maddow or Ogerman or any others really PRESSURE and force things to happen in government...

But nice try

You really have never seen them apply pressure? You must not listen much. I'm not being rude, but this is just incorrect. They advise their supporting audience to apply the pressure, and they do, causing the politicians to act. Their audience is their means of pressure, and they are pulling their heart-strings hence the numbers they do, and the grown adult human beings calling themselves "dittoheads" phenomena.

And candidates ask constituents to do things... people on local TV stations ask them to do things... people organizing charity events ask people to voice out to the political leadership

It in no way makes them leaders of the political party or movement... the pressure is coming from only the constituents... there is no real power for an entertainer like Rush... at least not over the political decisions, stances, and positions...

Blindfolded lefties are reading too much into the influence of an entertainer, just as the read too much into the 'hopey changey' stuff spouted by Obama... and they took/take both of the lines of bullshit seriously.... Rush has no real political power, just as Obama had no real political accomplishments and leadership... it was just sold to the lemmings that way

And no... I do not waste my time listening to Rush... I do not need any entertainer to help me analyze the constitution, or what is going on in our country... I can research and formulate and analyze for myself

No.. they do not.. they interview and spout off like any other entertainer.. they have absolutely NO basis to be able to pressure... they can scream to the heavens all they want, and they have no true pressure... the only way the politicians FEEL the pressure is knowing that voters can be exposed to a message or a perception... but in no way can Rush or Hannity or Maddow or Ogerman or any others really PRESSURE and force things to happen in government...

But nice try

You really have never seen them apply pressure? You must not listen much. I'm not being rude, but this is just incorrect. They advise their supporting audience to apply the pressure, and they do, causing the politicians to act. Their audience is their means of pressure, and they are pulling their heart-strings hence the numbers they do, and the grown adult human beings calling themselves "dittoheads" phenomena.

And candidates ask constituents to do things... people on local TV stations ask them to do things... people organizing charity events ask people to voice out to the political leadership

It in no way makes them leaders of the political party or movement... the pressure is coming from only the constituents... there is no real power for an entertainer like Rush... at least not over the political decisions, stances, and positions...

Blindfolded lefties are reading too much into the influence of an entertainer, just as the read too much into the 'hopey changey' stuff spouted by Obama... and they took/take both of the lines of bullshit seriously.... Rush has no real political power, just as Obama had no real political accomplishments and leadership... it was just sold to the lemmings that way

And no... I do not waste my time listening to Rush... I do not need any entertainer to help me analyze the constitution, or what is going on in our country... I can research and formulate and analyze for myself

Problem is, you're using yourself as anicdotal evidence.

Many people are sheep. You can hear these by listening to callers-in, and also listening to the show and subsequently watching what people post on blogs and message-boards. Their influence is there, and although they don't influence you particularly (which is a good thing) doesn't mean that they don't influence a great deal of people. I watch it happen every day man, I don't know what else you want me to say. Good day!

:lol:

demsaremorons.gif
(from ravi's 'proof')

I hope that it's not too difficult for you to differentiate between light and dark green.
Oh, my bad...Rush and Newt are seen as the leaders by Republicans. hahahaha, except I think Newt got punked over the NY fiasco.
Ravi, you didn't even read your own link. Thinking beyond the end of your nose and thinking more for yourself would be a good idea for you.
Rush is tied for the lead in this poll among Republicans. Republican politicians apologize to Rush when they criticize him...they grovel, as a matter of fact. They don't grovel to Newt.

Rush, for all intents and purposes is the current leader of the repubs.

Scozzafava has screwed every RINO in the coun -- we can say that she's guilty of widespread bestiality. She has screwed every RINO in the country.
Rush Limbaugh

I'll wait and see if this raises the same level of outrage as the k street whore comment.

You are a fucking idiot. He was speaking FIGURATIVELY, Ravi, FIGURATIVELY. As you may or may not know. Talking about how she'd screwed elephants, donkeys, AND rinos?

Get it? Huh? Huh?

Many people are sheep. You can hear these by listening to callers-in, and also listening to the show and subsequently watching what people post on blogs and message-boards. Their influence is there, and although they don't influence you particularly (which is a good thing) doesn't mean that they don't influence a great deal of people. I watch it happen every day man, I don't know what else you want me to say. Good day!

Then anyone with a TV show or a radio show or public exposure is a political leader... got it

:rolleyes:

All hail Keith Olberman, your Democratic Party Leader.. hell.. he influenced some people today... it MUST mean he's a leader :rolleyes:

Then anyone with a TV show or a radio show or public exposure is a political leader... got it

All hail Keith Olberman, your Democratic Party Leader.. hell.. he influenced some people today... it MUST mean he's a leader :rolleyes:

I'm not calling him THE leader, just one of them.

He's not THE leader, the OP is wrong. He's for-sure one of them, though.

Thus proving our point. Rush Limbaugh is not THE leader of the Repulican Party. No one is arguing that he is not a 'voice' of Republicans, no one is arguing that he is not 'influential' or anything else. We are arguing that he is not THE leader of the Republican Party. We are right, the OP is wrong. Not for the first time, I suspect.

The Chairman of the RNC makes an accurate comment about Limpbaugh's rants, and then has to publically apologize. Whose is the leader and who is the follower?

But go ahead and eliminate all the RINOs from your party. And anyone else that has an independent thought. And when the Rushpublican Party goes down in flames again, we will be right there cheering for your ideological purity.

Firstly, I am not a Republican. It's not MY party, idiot.

All I am saying is that no one can provide a statement that confirms or even suggests that Rush Limbaugh is THE Leader of the GOP. Not even A Leader.... the only poll confirms that Republicans view Rush Limbaugh as A VOICE of..... a 'voice' is not a leader or the leader.

I couldn't give a rats ass who leads the GOP. I just like people to be accurate - something that appears to be 'above the pay grade' of the OP - and a few others in this thread.

I'm not calling him THE leader, just one of them.

And this is where you lemmings are showing your brainwashing....

He has not pressured 1 single political person in to changing one stance, or changing 1 bill, or anything else.... He is a figment of media.. of pseudo reality... a shiny pinwheel that gathers the attention of a few people on occasion... but just like that pinwheel he may invoke some reaction to a watcher... could be for one of his adds... the pinwheel could make a person want a huge lollipop... that does not make the pinwheel a business leader in the candy industry, and it does not make Rush a leader in the political workings of government or the Republican party

The most entertaining part of this thread is that it is actually based on a false claim. In that, apparently the poll tells us who is the/a leader of the GOP. In fact, the poll is who is the VOICE of the GOP.

It tells us something that anyone - including the terminally stupid - already knew. That Rush Limbaugh is a major VOICE of the GOP.

What a joke of a thread.

The most entertaining part of this thread is that it is actually based on a false claim. In that, apparently the poll tells us who is the/a leader of the GOP. In fact, the poll is who is the VOICE of the GOP.

It tells us something that anyone - including the terminally stupid - already knew. That Rush Limbaugh is a major VOICE of the GOP.

What a joke of a thread.

My own 2 cents.

Rush is not the voice of nor is he a voice for the GOP.

He instead is a major voice of conservatism. And to a very large and unfortunate extent, the present day GOP honchos don't give a hoot about conservatism.

The GOP would be vastly better served if they would ac tually open their ears, minds and hearts to the principles of conservatism.

As things stand, however, a GOP candidate who cannot make the grade endorses a liberal Democratic rather than a conservative. It says a lot about the state of the GOP. None of what it says is good for the GOP.

What a joke of a thread.

My own 2 cents.

He instead is a major voice of conservatism. And to a very large and unfortunate extent, the present day GOP honchos don't give a hoot about conservatism.

The GOP would be vastly better served if they would ac tually open their ears, minds and hearts to the principles of conservatism.

As things stand, however, a GOP candidate who cannot make the grade endorses a liberal Democratic rather than a conservative. It says a lot about the state of the GOP. None of what it says is good for the GOP.

I'm referring to the poll that apparently is the evidence that Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the GOP. The poll isn't about who is the leader of the GOP. It asks who are the major voices of the GOP. Rush is named as one of the top three.

Apparently, it is far too hard to understand the difference between an opinion poll about who are the voices of the GOP and a statement confirming Rush as THE leader of the GOP.

Fucking delusional shit as a basis for a thread! It's funny.

I'm not saying he's THE leader, quasimodo, I'm saying he's one of them. As ascribed to him by evidences provided including profession of such by the current, actual, leader. This makes me a poopy-head, to you, I know.

Si Modo doesn't WANT Rush Limpballs to be a leader in the Republican movement, therefore he is not. See how that works?
Bodecea, although she fancies herself as having a pair, uses passive-aggression to reply. However, Si modo has facts on her side and that annoys the idiots.

Third person now. :lol::lol::lol:

What a joke of a thread.

My own 2 cents.

I'm referring to the poll that apparently is the evidence that Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the GOP. The poll isn't about who is the leader of the GOP. It asks who are the major voices of the GOP. Rush is named as one of the top three.

Apparently, it is far too hard to understand the difference between an opinion poll about who are the voices of the GOP and a statement confirming Rush as THE leader of the GOP.

Fucking delusional shit as a basis for a thread! It's funny.

:clap2:

That it is.

If your audience believes you are one of the top two that speak for the Republican party then you are seen as one of the leaders.

I don't understand why this concept is hard to grasp.

I'm sure you all would have whined as much if the thread title was

Prominent GOP voice claims Republican woman dabbles in bestiality

Ron Paul is the leader of the republican party but the RepugnicaNt, bible thumping, NASCAR worshiping idiots aren't smart enough to comprehend it and vote in his leadership.

Ron Paul believes in "mystical creation" over science. In my book that makes him one of thiose RepugnicaNt, bible thumping, NASCAR worshiping idiots.

If your audience believes you are one of the top two that speak for the Republican party then you are seen as one of the leaders.I don't understand why this concept is hard to grasp.

Only to the terminally stupid. Sadly, terminal stupidity is a self-inflicted, pre-existing condition.

If your audience believes you are one of the top two that speak for the Republican party then you are seen as one of the leaders.

I don't understand why this concept is hard to grasp.

If Charlie Manson's "audience" thought he was "Jesus Christ, man!" then Charlie was seen as Jesus!

Yes. That's true. Tautology works like that.

If you are seen as a gnat, then you ARE seen as a gnat.

In fact, if you are seen as a silly meaningless twerp, then your audience is both perceptive and correct!

:razz:

Forum List

Back