The leader of the Republican party says...

The guy is not a leader... just as Alec Baldwin is not a DEM leader... they are entertainers who spout off their yaps... they will say things to gain an audience.. some will be shocking.. some will be targeted... etc...

And even if a party leader or political leader says something about them.. you have to think WHY they are doing such a thing.... and the answer is simple... exposure... using that entertainer for the exposure, to reach that entertainer's audience.... it's plain and simple politicking... but Rush, nor other entertainers, are helping to push policy, write policy, pressure political leaders into doing things, negotiating legislation, or anything else

The first adult response, deserves a rebuttal: He has pressured them into doing things. As has Hannity, do you remember when they trumped up calls-to-congressman and what-not to defeat amnesty, and it actually worked? They have millions of listeners, surely they had a lot to do with the influx of phone calls.

Remember Steele even feeling the NEED to grovel (therein is a pressure into doing something).

Remember the (failed)strategy Rush encouraged in the last year's Pres. Primaries? A lot of people actually employed his "plan."

etc. etc. Just off the top.

No.. they do not.. they interview and spout off like any other entertainer.. they have absolutely NO basis to be able to pressure... they can scream to the heavens all they want, and they have no true pressure... the only way the politicians FEEL the pressure is knowing that voters can be exposed to a message or a perception... but in no way can Rush or Hannity or Maddow or Ogerman or any others really PRESSURE and force things to happen in government...

But nice try

You really have never seen them apply pressure? You must not listen much. I'm not being rude, but this is just incorrect. They advise their supporting audience to apply the pressure, and they do, causing the politicians to act. Their audience is their means of pressure, and they are pulling their heart-strings hence the numbers they do, and the grown adult human beings calling themselves "dittoheads" phenomena.

:lol:

demsaremorons.gif
(from ravi's 'proof')

I hope that it's not too difficult for you to differentiate between light and dark green.
Oh, my bad...Rush and Newt are seen as the leaders by Republicans. hahahaha, except I think Newt got punked over the NY fiasco.
Ravi, you didn't even read your own link. Thinking beyond the end of your nose and thinking more for yourself would be a good idea for you.

Libs never read the articles they link, not once, not ever

Clearly it is more difficult that I suspected. Can someone - anyone - please provide the poll that names Rush Limbaugh as the leader of the Republican Party?

He's not THE leader, the OP is wrong. He's for-sure one of them, though.

Embarrassing for who? Idiots who believe it? Yeah, I'd be embarrassed if I was stupid enough to back up some fucking idiotic statement with this kind of 'evidence'. Other than that, it means nothing to me. It's a dumbass thread, designed to flame - yet the OP isn't even intelligent enough to post it the right forum.
:lol: GT is absolutely correct. The man is looked to as the spokesperson...therefore he leads. And it isn't a flame, it's a commentary on what the GOP has become.

And still no one has criticized the great Rushbo for his comment.

:clap2:

Really???

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-the-republican-party-says-4.html#post1675915

The guy is not a leader... just as Alec Baldwin is not a DEM leader... they are entertainers who spout off their yaps... they will say things to gain an audience.. some will be shocking.. some will be targeted... etc...

And even if a party leader or political leader says something about them.. you have to think WHY they are doing such a thing.... and the answer is simple... exposure... using that entertainer for the exposure, to reach that entertainer's audience.... it's plain and simple politicking... but Rush, nor other entertainers, are helping to push policy, write policy, pressure political leaders into doing things, negotiating legislation, or anything else

Rush Limbaugh = Alec Baldwin now?

You have to understand how it works.

When they like what he said, he's a leader in the Conservative/Republican movement.

When he says something they wish to disavow (almost daily now), he's just an entertainer...along the lines of Alec Baldwin and Kanye West.

You have to be flexible to get this.....and sell your integrity a little too.

Thus proving our point. Rush Limbaugh is not THE leader of the Repulican Party. No one is arguing that he is not a 'voice' of Republicans, no one is arguing that he is not 'influential' or anything else. We are arguing that he is not THE leader of the Republican Party. We are right, the OP is wrong. Not for the first time, I suspect.

Thus proving our point. Rush Limbaugh is not THE leader of the Repulican Party. No one is arguing that he is not a 'voice' of Republicans, no one is arguing that he is not 'influential' or anything else. We are arguing that he is not THE leader of the Republican Party. We are right, the OP is wrong. Not for the first time, I suspect.

Sure, but that's not necessary. :cool:

You have to understand how it works.

When they like what he said, he's a leader in the Conservative/Republican movement.

When he says something they wish to disavow (almost daily now), he's just an entertainer...along the lines of Alec Baldwin and Kanye West.

You have to be flexible to get this.....and sell your integrity a little too.

Actually, it is the claim that he is THE leader that is being discussed, not A leader - THE leader.

We have now established that he is, in fact, not THE leader.

I haven't seen anyone suggest that he is not a voice for Republican - he's just not their leader. There is a difference..... even if you don't see it.

The Chairman of the RNC makes an accurate comment about Limpbaugh's rants, and then has to publically apologize. Whose is the leader and who is the follower?

But go ahead and eliminate all the RINOs from your party. And anyone else that has an independent thought. And when the Rushpublican Party goes down in flames again, we will be right there cheering for your ideological purity.

What it boils down to is that I can certainly UNDERSTAND by some want to disavow Rush Limbaugh as a spokeshole/leader in the Republican/Right Wing.

Talk about a HUGE embarassment...even more so because he is a successful embarassment.

Forum List

Back