The last straw for Bush

Bern80

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2004
Yes I voted for the guy and even liked him, but from spending like a drunken sailor to Iraq he's gone down hill. But if he pardons Roger Clemens by god (as has been reported) he is officially written off.

Yes I voted for the guy and even liked him, but from spending like a drunken sailor to Iraq he's gone down hill. But if he pardons Roger Clemens by god (as has been reported) he is officially written off.

The "report" is coming from a statement made by the lawyer for Clemen's former trainer, and as best I can tell isn't based on anything.

What's Clemens need to be pardoned for?

Classic he said/she said, regardless which side of the argument you choose to believe, and he is not in a court of law. If he was, there isn't enough evidence for a conviction.

As a matter of fact, perhaps you can explain when it was exactly law enforcement became the legislature's job?

What's Clemens need to be pardoned for?

Classic he said/she said, regardless which side of the argument you choose to believe, and he is not in a court of law. If he was, there isn't enough evidence for a conviction.

As a matter of fact, perhaps you can explain when it was exactly law enforcement became the legislature's job?

It isn't, which is my point. However Presidents have pardoned for the breaking of actual laws since Presidents were given the power of the pardon.

About 7 years late in discovering you voted for an idiot. :clap2:

It isn't, which is my point. However Presidents have pardoned for the breaking of actual laws since Presidents were given the power of the pardon.

Clemens would have to be convicted in a criminal court for posession and use of steroids before he would be in need of a pardon, and that ain't likely.

This investigative committee isn't bound by the rules of evidence criminal courts are.

The so-called "evidence" so far probably couldn't even get an indictment. The word of a sports trainer under pressure to produce names in order to cut his deal, and hearsay from a Clemens friend.

I personally don't give a shit if he used them. It was MLB's responsibility to enforce its rules and it is up to Federal amd local law enforcement to enforce the law.

Nobody did and nobody still does. Unless you have a big name and Congress can haul your ass onto the carpet. Why they think anyone is impressed with them sticking their noses into something clearly out of their jurisdiction is beyond me.

Why they think anyone is impressed with them sticking their noses into something clearly out of their jurisdiction is beyond me.

They probably think that because it's been evident. People have been eating it up. It's just more distracting entertainment for the masses. Most don't even know, much less care, that it's no business of congress. Politics alone, is boring. Sports scandals aren't. Congress being mixed in with it just adds another layer of excitement to the story.

Forum List

Back