The last movie you watched?

Just watched in parts "Night of the Lupus". 1972....Rory Calhoun, Stuart Whitman and DeForest Kelly who played Bones McCoy in Star Trek. That is why I tuned in. Large Rabbits who eat meat. That includes people. Bones mailed it in. Not good.

Just last night, I watched Bill & Ted Face the Music.

I wasn't that impressed with it.

Where the first two Bill & Ted movies left off, all those many years ago, they really didn't need a sequel. The new movie did nothing to change my mind about this point.

It was worth watching, but I don't think it was nearly as good as the two movies that preceded it.

Silver Linings Playbook. A crazy love story starring Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper.

I was looking for something to watch and went through a list of 50 of the "best" films on Netflix; this was the only one that seemed like it could be tolerable. It wasn't bad, but considering it was the apparent best one out of fifty, that is sad.

I was flipping around the dial this afternoon and came across the "classic" horror picture, "Son of Frankenstein," a sequel to the original Frankenstein. Karloff (of course) played the "monster" and Bela Lugosi played Ygor, the original Dr. Frankenstein's lab assistant. Ygor has a permanently crooked neck, reportedly the result of a botched hanging/execution for the crime of body snatching. We know all about that, eh?

Of course, by today's standards it was incredibly hokey and more humorous than frightening.

And I wonder who, exactly, was the 1930's target audience for this film. Kids might have liked it (I liked this stuff when I was a kid), but did it also thrill the adult audience during the Depression?

In Pittsburgh, we used to have a Saturday night film program called, Chiller Theater, in which the host, a local DJ named Bill Cardille, would play a scary movie with added humorous commentary. Those were the days, my friends.

A late ,late show movie ,called Moby Dick 2010. A modern version of the 19 century Herman Melville novel. It had some good spots .And wasn't a real bad movie but I can see why was on the late late show. Mad captain of a U.S nuclear sub chases a giant prehistoric type whale. I would not pay to see at the theater but for the T.V early in the A.M. it was pretty good.

I watched a movie called "Victor Frankenstein" last night, which was pretty much everything wrong with Hollywood.

Igor the Hunchback is a Gary Stu (the male version of a Mary Sue), and they don't get to the monster until the last 10 minutes and it's boring.

Forum List

Back