The Last Bastion Of Ancient God Worship

Americans were very well educated until the Gov't took over.

Well, how did Americans get their education before the Gov't Educational Complex took over then?

Church Schools.

Did you know that the first schools were started by Religious types who wanted to teach the "great unwashed" to read so that they could read the Bible for themselves?

No, of course you didn't.

Of course not. And he certainly doesnt want you reading the Bible for yourself. Too many people decide to throw away the wisdom of millenia because they presume to be more knowledgeable than thousands of years of human history.

Church Schools!!

Instead of evolution they are taught a fairy tale. Instead of science they pray. Instead of facts they listen to some brainwashed teacher's individual views. After that is over the rest will become history.

One thing that has always given religion heartburn......truth!

Proverbs 18:2
A fool does not delight in understanding,
But only in revealing his own mind.

Proverbs 26:12
Do you see a man wise in his own eyes?
There is more hope for a fool than for him.

1 Thessalonians 4:13
"After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever."

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other" (Matt.24:29-31 KJV). See also Isa.43:5-7; Mk.13:24-27; 14:62; Rev.1:7.

John 3:18
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s Son.

Luke 16:24
"The rich man shouted, 'Father Abraham, have some pity! Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. I am in anguish in these flames.'

James 2
Faith Without Works Is Dead

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Matthew 5
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Next time, have a succinct point and I will respond.

My post was more clear. Your comments about church schools, etc. was that of a thoughtless man.

Church Schools!!

Instead of evolution they are taught a fairy tale. Instead of science they pray. Instead of facts they listen to some brainwashed teacher's individual views. After that is over the rest will become history.

Actually, church run schools tend to be a little better than the average public school. In order to maintain accreditation, they have to teach the required curriculum so I would be surprised if they didn't teach evolution. Religion is not, by definition, in opposition to religion. Are you aware, for example, that the father of modern genetics was a Catholic monk?

The true opposition to science is not religion but a mind set that just because you believe something to be true means it must be true. That works both ways.

ohZts.jpg

Church Schools!!

I was taught evolution, and I went to Catholic Schools for 17-1/2 years, 1st grade through College (Graduate Degree).

Religion was a seperate class, not integrated into the rest of the curriculum.

Your hatred of anything religious is still sad and pathetic.

I hate it because my family and early school teachers brainwashed me with that foolishness and it took me till I was over sixty years old to put it behind me. Anybody who teaches those fairy tales to young children should be convicted of child abuse.

Sounds like you're quite the mental case... seek help for your problems and stop blaming God.

I dont see it that way. Catholic Schooling taught me responsibility, morality, and a proper sense of man's place in the universe.

and as for the whole "convicted of child abuse thing" Kindly go fuck yourself. See? All that catholic schooling and I still have the free will to violate a chruch tenet. Your percieved "brainwashing" probably has nothing to do with the church, and more to do with your own weakness of character.

I kinda' figured you were a subject yourself. Ancient god worship is losing ground by the month. I'm an old man and might not see the end of it but within 50-60 years 80%-90% of the American population will look upon it exactly the way we look at ancient Roman and Greek gods......mythological bullshit. I love what Thomas Jefferson told John Adams in a letter. He had enough common sense and gumption to see through the stuff a long, long time ago:

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding" ~Thomas Jefferson~

No, I can think for myself, and could be considered a lapsed catholic, however I have the utmost respect for people with faith, and respect for most people without it.

What I cant respect is a hateful old codger such as yourself, as you have no respect for others.

Hateful is your opinion. I'm not Cammmpbell and you don't know who I am. I was brainwashed with bullshit as a child and I come to these forums for one reason and one reason only.........in hope that somewhere, because of my posted opinions and experiences just one young person will realize what a crock of horse shit ancient god worship really is.

Egotistical people who will not accept their mortality and believe they will rise from a grave, meet a ghost floating on a cloud and fly on gossimer wings forever while those who believe something different roast in a pit bore the shit out of me.

Last edited:
Dude, give it a rest. We understand you are an atheist. Big fucking deal. Quit polluting the boards with your invective....you're only preaching to the choir you know.

I kinda' figured you were a subject yourself. Ancient god worship is losing ground by the month. I'm an old man and might not see the end of it but within 50-60 years 80%-90% of the American population will look upon it exactly the way we look at ancient Roman and Greek gods......mythological bullshit. I love what Thomas Jefferson told John Adams in a letter. He had enough common sense and gumption to see through the stuff a long, long time ago:

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding" ~Thomas Jefferson~

No, I can think for myself, and could be considered a lapsed catholic, however I have the utmost respect for people with faith, and respect for most people without it.

What I cant respect is a hateful old codger such as yourself, as you have no respect for others.

Hateful is your opinion. I'm not Cammmpbell and you don't know who I am. I was brainwashed with bullshit as a child and I come to these forums for one reason and one reason only.........in hope that somewhere, because of my posted opinions and experiences just one young person will realize what a crock of horse shit ancient god worship really is.

Egotistical people who will not accept their mortality and believe they will rise from a grave, meet a ghost floating on a cloud and fly on gossimer wings forever while those who believe something different roast in a pit bore the shit out of me.

No, you being a hateful old codger is pretty much a fact.

Cammpbell, Did something bad happen to you at age 60, or did you wake up one day and say, "OMG, I've been brainwashed!" And what kept you from that epiphany at age 40?

I've studied all religions from the time I was a teen. My mother and sister threatened me when they caught me reading the book of Mormon while I was in high school. My maternal grandmother used to tell me, "Old Scratch Will Get You" when I was four or five years old if I did something wrong. In the third and fourth grades in west TN the teachers started the day with the pledge and lord's prayer. They assigned each of us a bible verse on Mondays to memorize and recite back to the class on Fridays. By the time I was in my early 20's I had read the bible cover to cover and the new testament no less than ten times with concordances close by for extra explanation and opinion. I could quote most of the thing chapter and verse.

I was baptized before a congregation of close to 1000 in the spring of 1957 and I never did half do anything so I taught Sunday school, belonged to the Brotherhood, was on the building committee and ushered some times when the regulars were absent. I reffed and/or coached our RA boys. I attended religious retreats. I spoke and gave personal testimony at churches in small towns nearby. I visited the sick on Tuesday evenings and seldom missed prayer meetings on Wednesdays.

Guess What? Even though I had read and studied and talked about it I never believed it...not for a minute. I used to sit in the sanctuary and look around the congregation wondering how many others there doubted the way I did. When I was just short of 61 years old after seldom missing a Sunday and never failing to tithe my gross I made a solid decision. I didn't think it was fair to my family or my friends to continue that charade so I informed everyone about my decision and to those close to me I explained that I had never believed it.

Get used to it.....I'm on a mission.

Last edited:
All that work you did, but you never once mentioned a personal relationship with God, that failed. Were you so busy going about church business that you didn't take time to build a connection with the father you thought you were serving? You never once mentioned Him in your bio.

Last edited:
Never believing is why you never received the holy spirit when you were baptized.
You have to believe first before you ever have a personal relationship with God.
When you believe first and then get baptized you feel the holy spirit enter into you.
God then has a personnel relationship with you and he he answers all of your questions and your prayers.
Many times you will not like those answers, but none the less you will receive them.In time you will see why and it is revealed to you.
It is right for you to condemn the young, not being saved to eternity because you yourself do not believe?
That pretty mean and nasty and will eat you up in the years you have left in this life.

One thing about the baptism, it is a show of faith representing the death of the old man and the rebirth of the new man. But you don't have to be baptized to receive the Holy Spirit. The thief on the cross is an example of conviction without baptism. You can receive the gift of the Holy Spirit in any setting at any time. Those closest to Jesus didn't receive it until the upper room event. But the Bible says to be baptized as soon as possible to rid us of our old self and to begin our lives anew in Christ.

All that work you did, but you never once mentioned a personal relationship with God, that failed. Were you so busy going about church business that you didn't take time to build a connection with the father you thought you were serving? You never once mentioned Him in your bio.

Precisely becuase he never bothered trying to build a relationship with God. If he had, he would understand the Lord better and He would understand others who have the privilege to serve Him.

One thing about the baptism, it is a show of faith representing the death of the old man and the rebirth of the new man. But you don't have to be baptized to receive the Holy Spirit. The thief on the cross is an example of conviction without baptism. You can receive the gift of the Holy Spirit in any setting at any time. Those closest to Jesus didn't receive it until the upper room event. But the Bible says to be baptized as soon as possible to rid us of our old self and to begin our lives anew in Christ.

You can't determine that from the scriptures. They are silent as to whether the thief on the cross was ever baptized. He clearly knew who Christ was. It's possible he was baptized and yet committed crimes. Or perhaps turned himself in because he was converted to Christ. Or he could have been baptized by proxy afterwards.

You just don't get it......fuck god and all the self centered, selfish, greedy people in the past who brought all this malarky into modern times. It's never been anything except a hindrance to progress. Ancient god worship is on the way out and it's not whether...it's when.

Church Schools!!

What the fuck is it to you what other people believe and teach their children? I must have missed the law that requires me to run my beliefs past you and get your seal of approval, and I DEFINITELY missed the point where you acquired ANY input into how my children are raised.

Don't you have some cucumbers that need condoms on 'em in a public school somewhere? Run along, and come back when public schools can produce more than half a graduating class that can read.

Forum List

Back