the Koch brothers said

Oh goodie another unsubstantiated and unlinked rant by an ignorant Liberal.

Kochs to Congress: Focus on spending, not Obamacare
By Michael Isikoff, NBC News
In a move that highlights a growing rift in conservative ranks, Koch Industries -- the privately held energy conglomerate owned by billionaires Charles and David Koch -- today distanced the firm from allied political groups lobbying to keep the government shut down unless Obamacare is defunded.
A letter, signed by the company's chief lobbyist and sent to members of Congress, says that Koch Industries has taken no position on the shutdown dispute in Congress "nor have we lobbied on legislative provisions defunding Obamacare."

Instead, Koch Industries wants Congress to focus on "balancing the budget" and "cutting government spending," among other goals, said Philip Ellender, Koch Industries president for government and public affairs.
The letter comes in the wake of media reports documenting how Freedom Partners -- a newly formed conservative trade association closely associated with the Koch brothers -- has helped finance many of the conservative and Tea Party groups that have been pressuring Republicans to link defunding Obamacare to the passage of a continuing resolution to fund the government and extend the debt ceiling.

Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid expresses frustration Tuesday over talks with Republican House Speaker John Boehner over the federal government shutdown.
It was also spurred by a floor speech by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on Tuesday that blamed the Koch brothers for the government shutdown. The Kochs "have been raising and spending hundreds of millions of dollars to get us to where we are right now," Reid said.
Over the past year, Freedom Partners -- whose board members include three current and former Koch employees -- has doled out over $235 million, including grants to Heritage Action for America, Americans for Prosperity, Tea Party Patriots, State Tea Party Express and other groups that have been pushing to defund the Affordable Care Act.
But privately, Koch officials have expressed concern to lawmakers that the prospect of a government default over the Obamacare issue would be a "disaster" for the economy, according to one GOP consultant who recently discussed the matter with Koch officials and asked for anonymity. Koch Industries associates note that the firm is widely diversified, including last month's $7.2 billion purchase of a company that makes connectors for Apple iPhones and other consumer products -- one of many markets that could be effected by spikes in credit resulting from a government default.

seems you got your head in your ass ... if fox noise or rush doesn't tell you its a liberal huh

Kochs to Congress: Focus on spending, not Obamacare - NBC Politics

Only a leftie like Isikoff would come to that conclusion. Of course his paycheck from NBC may influence his judgment. For the terminally stupid, read the big print.

Then tell me about the reliability of anonymous sources.

In a move that highlights a growing rift in conservative ranks, Koch Industries -- the privately held energy conglomerate owned by billionaires Charles and David Koch -- today distanced the firm from allied political groups lobbying to keep the government shut down unless Obamacare is defunded.
A letter, signed by the company's chief lobbyist and sent to members of Congress, says that Koch Industries has taken no position on the shutdown dispute in Congress "nor have we lobbied on legislative provisions defunding Obamacare."

Instead, Koch Industries wants Congress to focus on "balancing the budget" and "cutting government spending," among other goals, said Philip Ellender, Koch Industries president for government and public affairs.

But privately, Koch officials have expressed concern to lawmakers that the prospect of a government default over the Obamacare issue would be a "disaster" for the economy, according to one GOP consultant who recently discussed the matter with Koch officials and asked for anonymity.

Last edited:
looks like steph ran with her tail between her legs ... i guess she can't admit when she's wrong

It's readily apparent that you know absolutely nothing of what the debt ceiling is, nor do you have any comprehension as to how the government works.

How can you make the funds available when there is no money?
As far as who is blowing up the full faith and credit of the United States? Check the Republicans and their tea bagging morons who run it (because Boehner is a bitch).

The only ones who have failed to make the grade are the tea baggers who forced the GOP into this untenable situation.

No money! When did all of the taxpayers and corporations decide to stop paying their income, soc sec, Medicare and corporate taxes?

its clearly you don't know the purpose of the debt ceiling you pass the debt ceiling for money for the next year ... the money we allocated for this years is spent ... what the government does is the borrow the money to finish out the year ... that's why we have a budget deficit ... we said we need 2.5 trillion dollars for this years budget ... the budget ran up to 3.2 trillion dollars to run the country ....leaving us a 700 billion dollar deficit for this year you have no money to spend ... even worse when they faili to pass it for the next year ... we are in the next coming years budget... that they won't pass ... we are in the next debt ceiling, which they won't pass ... is that simple enough for ya

Who won't pass a budget? The House and Tea Party members pass a budget every year. Is that simple enough for you?

As far as "blowing up the full faith and credit of the United States" is concerned, it is the decision of the Executive branch whether or not to pay interest and principal on the national debt. They have PLENTY of money coming in to do that.

the Unions and George Soros has donated BILLIONS to Democrats to lobby for them but that doesn't seem to chap any of your asses
just people who donate to Republicans then they become the boogeymen

you should get your head out of somewhere from between your legs and come up for air, it's making you an ugly ugly person

Lets get your logic straight.

We should ignore the Koch brothers and stop making them "boogey men" just because (reasons were never given)

But we should see Unions and George Soros as boogey men just because (again reasoning isn't Stephs strong suit)

does she ever have a strong suit??? its like she didn't understand any of the article ...

And believe it or not shes a old broad too. But types and acts like a 10 year old

looks like billyrock ran with his tail between his legs ... i guess he can't admit when he's wrong

"Charles and David Koch -- today distanced the firm from allied political groups lobbying to keep the government shut down unless Obamacare is defunded.

Instead, Koch Industries wants Congress to focus on "balancing the budget" and "cutting government spending," among other goals, said Philip Ellender, Koch Industries president for government and public affairs."

looks like steph ran with her tail between her legs ... i guess she can't admit when she's wrong

right, I had family thing's to take care of, the Koch brothers are not a high priority in life and I could give a shit about them and this thread...

but you believe what you want if it helps your huge ego

some of us don't live, eat and sleep stupid politics..

you should try getting a life

Oh goodie another unsubstantiated and unlinked rant by an ignorant Liberal.

By Michael Isikoff, NBC News

The letter comes in the wake of media reports documenting how Freedom Partners -- a newly formed conservative trade association closely associated with the Koch brothers -- has helped finance many of the conservative and Tea Party groups that have been pressuring Republicans to link defunding Obamacare to the passage of a continuing resolution to fund the government and extend the debt ceiling.

Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid expresses frustration Tuesday over talks with Republican House Speaker John Boehner over the federal government shutdown.
It was also spurred by a floor speech by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on Tuesday that blamed the Koch brothers for the government shutdown. The Kochs "have been raising and spending hundreds of millions of dollars to get us to where we are right now," Reid said.
Over the past year, Freedom Partners -- whose board members include three current and former Koch employees -- has doled out over $235 million, including grants to Heritage Action for America, Americans for Prosperity, Tea Party Patriots, State Tea Party Express and other groups that have been pushing to defund the Affordable Care Act.
But privately, Koch officials have expressed concern to lawmakers that the prospect of a government default over the Obamacare issue would be a "disaster" for the economy, according to one GOP consultant who recently discussed the matter with Koch officials and asked for anonymity. Koch Industries associates note that the firm is widely diversified, including last month's $7.2 billion purchase of a company that makes connectors for Apple iPhones and other consumer products -- one of many markets that could be effected by spikes in credit resulting from a government default.

seems you got your head in your ass ... if fox noise or rush doesn't tell you its a liberal huh

Kochs to Congress: Focus on spending, not Obamacare - NBC Politics

Only a leftie like Isikoff would come to that conclusion. Of course his paycheck from NBC may influence his judgment. For the terminally stupid, read the big print.

Then tell me about the reliability of anonymous sources.

But privately, Koch officials have expressed concern to lawmakers that the prospect of a government default over the Obamacare issue would be a "disaster" for the economy, according to one GOP consultant who recently discussed the matter with Koch officials and asked for anonymity.

funny when they are confronted the deny their involvement ... never mind the spent all kinds of money to get Cruz elected or rand paul or any of the tea baggers they deny and culpability ... that's like saying well just because we financed the money to the terrorist that flew planes into the towers isn't our fault that they crashed into the towers ... so buy our shit... bounty paper towels and all our other products ... were the good guys ...

right, I had family thing's to take care of, the Koch brothers are not a high priority in life and I could give a shit about them and this thread...

coming from a person whose on here ever hour of the day thats funny that's priceless

Last edited:
No money! When did all of the taxpayers and corporations decide to stop paying their income, soc sec, Medicare and corporate taxes?

its clearly you don't know the purpose of the debt ceiling you pass the debt ceiling for money for the next year ... the money we allocated for this years is spent ... what the government does is the borrow the money to finish out the year ... that's why we have a budget deficit ... we said we need 2.5 trillion dollars for this years budget ... the budget ran up to 3.2 trillion dollars to run the country ....leaving us a 700 billion dollar deficit for this year you have no money to spend ... even worse when they faili to pass it for the next year ... we are in the next coming years budget... that they won't pass ... we are in the next debt ceiling, which they won't pass ... is that simple enough for ya

Who won't pass a budget? The House and Tea Party members pass a budget every year. Is that simple enough for you?

As far as "blowing up the full faith and credit of the United States" is concerned, it is the decision of the Executive branch whether or not to pay interest and principal on the national debt. They have PLENTY of money coming in to do that.

where have you been ... last time they tried to get everything they could to pass in it Boehner said he got 98% of what he wanted and now they aren't getting 98% of what they wanted .... now after saying that, I was responding to a poster who said this "No money! When did all of the taxpayers and corporations decide to stop paying their income, soc sec, Medicare and corporate taxes" my post was explaining to that person how wrong he was ... I wasn't trying to say who won't pass what for what reason ... it was to show what happens to the money in a budget that hasn't been passed ... and you went off the deep end

read between the line they are saying you are all frikken nuts and liars AND to stop using them for your all STUPIDY....lol
links at site

SNIP:
Koch Industries Send Letter to the Senate: Reid Lied About Us

by Ben Shapiro 9 Oct 2013 970

On Tuesday, Koch Industries, the company run by the left’s favorite bugaboo, the Koch brothers, sent a letter to the Senate denying that they had anything to do with the government shutdown. Members of the mainstream press, including The New York Times, have attempted to blame the Kochs for the shutdown. So has Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV).

ALL of it here

my work is done in this yawner of a thread

Last edited:

coming from a person whose on here ever our of the day thats funny that's priceless

what a whiner
:eusa_boohoo:

looks like billyrock ran with his tail between his legs ... i guess he can't admit when he's wrong

sorry I had to leave, just like steph did... if any one was wrong here that was you... you didn't comprehend the post either it just amazing how stupid you republicans can be ... every time the republicans tried to pass a bill they would fill it full of shit that we as dems could not support... the senate took the bill removed the crap in the bill we didn't supportand sent the bill back to the house... your precious republicans leaders lap and they said HELL no ... that's where we are... only 27% of the American people agree with you republicans and 48% of the American people agree with us liberals .... according to gallop... so if your going to talk, try to talk with some sort of knowledge instead of proving to us how stupid you are

read between the line they are saying you are all frikken nuts and liars AND to stop using them for your all STUPIDY....lol
links at site

SNIP:

by Ben Shapiro 9 Oct 2013 970

On Tuesday, Koch Industries, the company run by the left’s favorite bugaboo, the Koch brothers, sent a letter to the Senate denying that they had anything to do with the government shutdown. Members of the mainstream press, including The New York Times, have attempted to blame the Kochs for the shutdown. So has Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV).

ALL of it here

my work is done in this yawner of a thread

yep your work is done .... you have proved to one and all what a moron you really are ... how you don't comprehend anything you read ... how you see shit in things that's not there ... as I said you need help, psychiatric help

steph whole thing is if we speak about something we don't like its because we hate them if that's not paranoia i don't know what is ...

ooooooo, you can feel the love

it's coming through my computer

what a hoot

Face it...................the Koch brothers have spent a whole lot of money trying to get rid of the ACA.

They've also spent a lot of money funding the tea party trying to get rid of the ACA (also known as Obamacare).

Sorry, but the Koch brothers are spending a lot of money trying to get rid of Obamacare.

Me personally? I'd like to see both of them in a major car crash, ending both of their reigns of terror, and like to see them no longer in charge of the GOP.

Forum List

Back