Who are the real RINO's in today's GOP?

YoungRepublican

Dec 21, 2012
New Jersey
I am sick and tired of being called a RINO on this board. I have never been called anything but a devout Republican by anyone who has ever known me. My girlfriend thinks that I am some times too over-zealous with my love of the GOP, yet I come on this board and I am called a RINO. Why? Because I believe that the GOP is spiraling down a tube they may never be able to crawl back from and the radicals of the party are leading the way? Because I want a party to look to when I get older and want to run for office? Because I know that winning a Texas Senate seat is not winning a general election, and if we ever want to win another election we need to stop shutting down the government and threatening to default on our bills? Why am I a RINO, and if I am a RINO then so is Ronald Reagan, so is George W. and H.W Bush, so are every other major Republican candidate outside of this most recent congress. The most ineffective congress in the history of the United States. Does that mean nothing to any of you? That in almost 250 years, the U.S. has never had a congress as incompetent and irresponsible as this one. Im not here to talk about Obama or Harry Reid or liberals, that is a whole other conversation that needs to be had, but I want to know what these radicals intend to do when another general election rolls around and you want to put Ted Cruz up, but he is only projected to win in Southern and Mid-Western states, and he is facing Hillary. What then? The GOP looks like it is being led by radicals who don't get why moderates wont vote for this guy. Like if the Democrats were electing occupy Wall Street leaders into congress, or put up guys like Abbie Hoffman in during the 70's. What do you plan to do? I am legitimacy curious.

Don't let The Small Tent Republicans bother you.

They do though. I have never encountered people so small minded and stupid. It infuriates me. I never understood why people didn't like Republicans because all of my friends and their dads who are Republicans are all smart, sensible people. I totally forget that we live in the Northeast, and that when you read statistics about how stupid and fat the south is, they really aren't lying. I always think, aw, the south can't be that dumb, those numbers must just be inflated. Then I read comments on this board and I'm like whoa, they really are that dumb.

I am sick and tired of being called a RINO on this board. I have never been called anything but a devout Republican by anyone who has ever known me. My girlfriend thinks that I am some times too over-zealous with my love of the GOP, yet I come on this board and I am called a RINO. Why? Because I believe that the GOP is spiraling down a tube they may never be able to crawl back from and the radicals of the party are leading the way? Because I want a party to look to when I get older and want to run for office? Because I know that winning a Texas Senate seat is not winning a general election, and if we ever want to win another election we need to stop shutting down the government and threatening to default on our bills? Why am I a RINO, and if I am a RINO then so is Ronald Reagan, so is George W. and H.W Bush, so are every other major Republican candidate outside of this most recent congress. The most ineffective congress in the history of the United States. Does that mean nothing to any of you? That in almost 250 years, the U.S. has never had a congress as incompetent and irresponsible as this one. Im not here to talk about Obama or Harry Reid or liberals, that is a whole other conversation that needs to be had, but I want to know what these radicals intend to do when another general election rolls around and you want to put Ted Cruz up, but he is only projected to win in Southern and Mid-Western states, and he is facing Hillary. What then? The GOP looks like it is being led by radicals who don't get why moderates wont vote for this guy. Like if the Democrats were electing occupy Wall Street leaders into congress, or put up guys like Abbie Hoffman in during the 70's. What do you plan to do? I am legitimacy curious.

Did you get Jake Starkey a nice gift for Father's Day?

Did you bring a tissue to clean up the mess when you were done "servicing" OO7?

Here comes the circle-jerk club! When are your buddies gonna show up?

hell, at least the word 'republican' is part of the name you're being called.

I've been called Lefty and Liberal because I think for myself and don't automatically follow the "party line" sometimes

I've been called Lefty and Liberal because I think for myself and don't automatically follow the "party line" sometimes

They are all idiots and don't understand the concept of working together or anything more complex then whatever Rush Limbaugh told them on their drive home from work.

socks.jpg

socks.jpg

Is that what you J off into when you think of America collapsing.

HEy Frank, let me ask you something. Who do you want to us to put up as of right now for President in 2016? Real question, who do you think has the best chance of winning the MAJORITY vote in 2016?

There is no such thing as a ‘RINO,’ anyone is a republican who considers himself a republican.

The idiotic notion that republicans who wisely and correctly reject rightwing extremism aren’t ‘real republicans’ is one of the many things destroying the GOP, such as the TPM.

I wouldn't be bothered by the folks calling you a RINO, after all RINOs think for themselves in today's Republican world. What's better, being a follower and living in a follower's world, living on someone else's terms or thinking for yourself and living in your world, on your own terms?

Last edited:

There is no such thing as a ‘RINO,’ anyone is a republican who considers himself a republican.

The idiotic notion that republicans who wisely and correctly reject rightwing extremism aren’t ‘real republicans’ is one of the many things destroying the GOP, such as the TPM.

The Republican party is definitely fractured.
I don't know who can unite us.
I like Rubio but I think he could be as easily swayed as Cruz

Jindall?

Christie is just another Crist

*shrug*
I really like Newt last time around and he seems to be injecting some reason during this fiasco......
:eusa_eh:

I wouldn't be bothered by the folks calling you a RINO, after all RINOs think for themselves in today's Republican world. What's better, being a follower and living in a follower's world, living on someone else's terms or thinking for yourself and living in your world on your own terms?

It just makes me mad that no one takes us (Republicans) seriously anymore. All I want is to have a legitimate political discussion with people who weren't brainwashed by the Tea Party. Why do they think this is a game? Why are they willing to take this country to hell to spite Obama? It just makes no sense to me.

Jindall?

*shrug*
I really like Newt last time around and he seems to be injecting some reason during this fiasco......

I like Rubio, but I agree, he can be too literal a lot of the times when it comes to his conservatism. I liked Romney. I liked Romney before, whoever was whispering in his ear turned him into the miserable candidate he turned in to. I want someone who will connect with moderates. Christie is able to do that, and has proven so in NJ. He is a a really good Gov. (I live in NJ) and I like him a lot. Ill tell you one thing, if we don't find someone to unite us soon, we will be dead in the water,a nd I garuntee that our Party will break into Tea Partiers and Republicans.

Jindall?

*shrug*

I like Rubio, but I agree, he can be too literal a lot of the times when it comes to his conservatism. I liked Romney. I liked Romney before, whoever was whispering in his ear turned him into the miserable candidate he turned in to. I want someone who will connect with moderates. Christie is able to do that, and has proven so in NJ. He is a a really good Gov. (I live in NJ) and I like him a lot. Ill tell you one thing, if we don't find someone to unite us soon, we will be dead in the water,a nd I garuntee that our Party will break into Tea Partiers and Republicans.
Your problem is that you want the GOP to be virtually identical to the enemy on every policy stance with a few token Conservative ideas. If the Communist Democrats can warp speed to the Left with impunity, why should the GOP follow suit??

Jindall?

*shrug*

Your problem is that you want the GOP to be virtually identical to the enemy on every policy stance with a few token Conservative ideas. If the Communist Democrats can warp speed to the Left with impunity, why should the GOP follow suit??

That is so far from the truth. You don't know anything about my politics. I want us to stop being so focused on silly social issues like gay marriage and start keying in on actual fiscal issues. How are we going to fix the college loan problem? How are we going to fix social security? How am I going to get to retire?

You know why I am a Republican? Because I want the money I earn as a lawyer to be my money. I have no problem helping those in need, but to a point. I believe in social welfare as a safety net, not as a way of living. Democrats don't seem to understand that. My problem with the TPM is that they think when I say I have no problem with social welfare as a safety net, all you hear is "HE is a Communist" and that is ridiculous. You don't even want to listen to those in your own party. How do you expect to work with Democrats and get things done there?

Don't let The Small Tent Republicans bother you.

They do though. I have never encountered people so small minded and stupid. It infuriates me. I never understood why people didn't like Republicans because all of my friends and their dads who are Republicans are all smart, sensible people. I totally forget that we live in the Northeast, and that when you read statistics about how stupid and fat the south is, they really aren't lying. I always think, aw, the south can't be that dumb, those numbers must just be inflated. Then I read comments on this board and I'm like whoa, they really are that dumb.

oh boy...
I read your post and I'm like whoa, what a condescending progressive jerk
sounds like you need some cheese though you whine like a rino/progressive

Last edited:

Forum List

Back