The Koch brothers agenda

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
The Kochs are longtime libertarians who believe in drastically lower personal and corporate taxes, minimal social services for the needy, and much less oversight of industry—especially environmental regulation. These views dovetail with the brothers’ corporate interests. In a study released this spring, the University of Massachusetts at Amherst’s Political Economy Research Institute named Koch Industries one of the top ten air polluters in the United States. And Greenpeace issued a report identifying the company as a “kingpin of climate science denial.” The report showed that, from 2005 to 2008, the Kochs vastly outdid ExxonMobil in giving money to organizations fighting legislation related to climate change, underwriting a huge network of foundations, think tanks, and political front groups. Indeed, the brothers have funded opposition campaigns against so many Obama Administration policies—from health-care reform to the economic-stimulus program—that, in political circles, their ideological network is known as the Kochtopus.

The Billionaire Koch Brothers’ War Against Obama : The New Yorker

"The gala marked the social ascent of Koch, who, at the age of seventy, has become one of the city’s most prominent philanthropists. In 2008, he donated a hundred million dollars to modernize Lincoln Center’s New York State Theatre building, which now bears his name. He has given twenty million to the American Museum of Natural History, whose dinosaur wing is named for him. This spring, after noticing the decrepit state of the fountains outside the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Koch pledged at least ten million dollars for their renovation. He is a trustee of the museum, perhaps the most coveted social prize in the city, and serves on the board of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, where, after he donated more than forty million dollars, an endowed chair and a research center were named for him."

Thanks for promoting these guys I hadn't heard much about them, as with these gentlemen, we libertarians are big on charity and have a lot more faith in those organizations than big inefficient government bureacracies.

Good. We desperately need them to counter that asshole Soros. That idiot owns an entire Political Party in this country. The Democrats bow to their Master Soros. So I wish the Koch Brothers the best of luck opposing Soros. Go get em! :)

"The gala marked the social ascent of Koch, who, at the age of seventy, has become one of the city’s most prominent philanthropists. In 2008, he donated a hundred million dollars to modernize Lincoln Center’s New York State Theatre building, which now bears his name. He has given twenty million to the American Museum of Natural History, whose dinosaur wing is named for him. This spring, after noticing the decrepit state of the fountains outside the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Koch pledged at least ten million dollars for their renovation. He is a trustee of the museum, perhaps the most coveted social prize in the city, and serves on the board of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, where, after he donated more than forty million dollars, an endowed chair and a research center were named for him."

Thanks for promoting these guys I hadn't heard much about them, as with these gentlemen, we libertarians are big on charity and have a lot more faith in those organizations than big inefficient government bureacracies.

What people need is an education. Charity is simply a more devious form of enslavement. Nothing beats independence. Some people just need a hand getting that independence.

What people need is an education. Charity is simply a more devious form of enslavement. Nothing beats independence. Some people just need a hand getting that independence.

"Charity is a devious form of enslavement"

Dumbest quote in message board history?

Oh and I'd do some research on the % of kids born to mothers on welfare who end up on welfare themselves, kind of kills the path to independence argument.

In Liberal bastion of NYC we spent $18,000 per student and of the 6 of 10 who don't drop out of HS, only 1 in 3 can function in college.

Last edited:
Gotta agree.

There used to be loads of philanthropic rich folks back in the day.

Then the Govt. came along and decided that the taxpayers needed to assume the roll of taking care of the poor and downtrodden.

Yup. I just love it when I get to pay other peoples bills.

Odd to try to bring negative attention to people by posting an article that highlights them giving hundreds of millions to fighting cancer and promoting art and history.

Oh and I'd do some research on the % of kids born to mothers on welfare who end up on welfare themselves, kind of kills the path to independence argument.

We'd need to do a poll. I think the competition would be between that one from rdean and truthmatters claim that personal responsibility is 'outdated'.

In Liberal bastion on NYC we spent $18,000 per student and of the 6 of 10 who don't drop out of HS, only 1 in 3 can function in college.

Link?

The Kochs are longtime libertarians who believe in drastically lower personal and corporate taxes, minimal social services for the needy, and much less oversight of industry—especially environmental regulation. These views dovetail with the brothers’ corporate interests. In a study released this spring, the University of Massachusetts at Amherst’s Political Economy Research Institute named Koch Industries one of the top ten air polluters in the United States. And Greenpeace issued a report identifying the company as a “kingpin of climate science denial.” The report showed that, from 2005 to 2008, the Kochs vastly outdid ExxonMobil in giving money to organizations fighting legislation related to climate change, underwriting a huge network of foundations, think tanks, and political front groups. Indeed, the brothers have funded opposition campaigns against so many Obama Administration policies—from health-care reform to the economic-stimulus program—that, in political circles, their ideological network is known as the Kochtopus.

The Billionaire Koch Brothers’ War Against Obama : The New Yorker

well if obama had done away with lobbyists like he promised in his campaign, this wouldn't be an issue now would it?

We'd need to do a poll. I think the competition would be between that one from rdean and truthmatters claim that personal responsibility is 'outdated'.

Wowzers

I can honestly say that's the 1st time in my life I've heard someone talk about charity in a negative way.

Well Ebenezer Scrooge, but fictional characters don't count, I think there's a real person posting the stuff that gets put on the screen under rdean's name.

I fully support them. I hope they're able to fuck Soros over Big-Time. The country actually needs the Koch Brothers. We needed a counter to that Soros asshole. So if the Koch Brothers = Fucking George Soros over,i'm all for em. :)

Forum List

Back