The Internet and the Capital Markets

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
It turns out Zillow and other real estate apps are speeding up changes in the real estate market to nearly the speed with which Algos have sped up stock moves. Similar solutions are doing similar things in the bond market likewise the commodities market and the currency markets.

That translates into a light speed adjustment for over extended, mostly blue states. There will effectively be no warning on the default wave coming to the Blue Wall except that it is likely to happen just prior to a fed rate hike but which of the four hikes penciled in for this year is not knowable.

Yes virtual real estate salespeople will put agents out of business.....But I doubt the financing can or will be sped up...

Yes Moonglow
But maybe more people will get in the business of doing the online virtual real estate for busy buyers, and organizing financing online as well by microloans from private sources. Maybe the online connections and networking can be used to expedite both processes of buying and financing.

Yes virtual real estate salespeople will put agents out of business.....But I doubt the financing can or will be sped up...

Yes Moonglow
But maybe more people will get in the business of doing the online virtual real estate for busy buyers, and organizing financing online as well by microloans from private sources. Maybe the online connections and networking can be used to expedite both processes of buying and financing.
The financing is pretty much gaited now due to recent laws...

Yes Moonglow
It is doing so already. I take it you haven't seen the "rocket mortgage" ads yet. I got a similar response from a fellow Floridian today. the disconnect is that south of Orlando FL is built out. North of the Daytona-Orlando-Tampa line it isn't. here in Jax the "only $5 million for beach front luxury" ads are getting real annoying.

financially you will be out on the deck before you realize you are in danger.
So the unjustified Jumbo Mortgages are going to slow down?
I doubt it. you getting the TV ads for the seven and eight figure houses where you live too?
Yep!
When’s the crash?
When the limousine liberals run the conservatives out of the state.

Forum List

Back