Anyone selling their stocks tomorrow?

Be careful. The billionaires are playing games with the stock market.

I was referring to the effect of the Cohn resignation on the stock market which will certainly spur selling tomorrow at least.
Bet the market is up 200 points tomorrow-Geaux
there are a lot of people willing to take you on w/ that bet:
180306crash.png

Do you really mean this or are you just ranting?

Mike, the drought that would become the dustbowl was already a relatively minor problem when Smoot and Hawley got their Tariff through in 1930. So, this primarily agricultural tariff bill was ineffectual, Congress can not make it rain. Therefore the standard Tariff economics rant is of dubious credibility. Political and economic actors always game the system. Given the fragility of the EU and the Chinese government's desire for increased out migration Trump has the high cards. That does not mean he cannot misplay them nor that the standard model cannot cause enormous trouble because our "elites" know as fact many myths. However random bets on the stock market is dangerous under all circumstances.

Mike, the drought that would become the dustbowl was already a relatively minor problem when Smoot and Hawley got their Tariff through in 1930. So, this primarily agricultural tariff bill was ineffectual, Congress can not make it rain. Therefore the standard Tariff economics rant is of dubious credibility. Political and economic actors always game the system. Given the fragility of the EU and the Chinese government's desire for increased out migration Trump has the high cards. That does not mean he cannot misplay them nor that the standard model cannot cause enormous trouble because our "elites" know as fact many myths. However random bets on the stock market is dangerous under all circumstances.
If there were any signs of real movement toward a new tough Tariff policy I would definitely not be buying into that. I am saying that the resignation of Gary Cohn is not a good reason to sell stocks. That to me is emotion based selling, rather than a reasonable reaction to, say policy changes in trade or interest rate hikes.

If there were any signs of real movement toward a new tough Tariff policy I would definitely not be buying into that. I am saying that the resignation of Gary Cohn is not a good reason to sell stocks. That to me is emotion based selling, rather than a reasonable reaction to, say policy changes in trade or interest rate hikes.[/QUOTE

Rejection of rigged free trade is what Cohn resigned over and what Trump campaigned on.

The market is in a trading range until proven otherwise.
I'd say the bias is upwards, and that's how we're positioned right now (with hedges). But yeah, these daily drama meltdowns are getting kinda silly. I've had a couple of clients call, and my response is usually "the market is just having a little temper tantrum", and they calm down. The fundamentals are very good at the moment overall. At this moment. At this very moment....

:p

I'd say the bias is upwards, and that's how we're positioned right now (with hedges). But yeah, these daily drama meltdowns are getting kinda silly. I've had a couple of clients call, and my response is usually "the market is just having a little temper tantrum", and they calm down. The fundamentals are very good at the moment overall. At this moment. At this very moment....

I'm curious, if you are able to divulge, what are your 'hedges' currently and at what percentage?

I'm curious, if you are able to divulge, what are your 'hedges' currently and at what percentage?
All I'm doing is trailing stop limit sell orders, right now at 6%. We had them at 5% on all accounts prior to the drop a few weeks ago and it worked perfectly.

I'm basing this on a feeling that if the market drops 6% it'll drop quite a bit more.

Forum List

Back