The Impact of Racial Trauma on African Americans

No human passes through life without trauma-potential events.

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are th e least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

Dr. Robin DiAngelo
Suck a dick and get a job.

You do that and I'll keep working on my projects and get paid.
It must be great to be paid to bitch about racism on a message board.

Yeah, fuck you. You're black, you're American. Get over it.

Kiss my ass. You whites are all here whining daily about how unfair life is for you. So you can go chew on rocks..

Oh yeah, name the last time I put up a thread that was all "Woe is me"

and "Darky owes me something".

Go fuck yourself. Merry Christmas.

Ain't no woe is me here bitch.

And I don't give a damn what you think boy.. I am going to post up what whitey owes because whitey owes.

Deal with it.

Yeah, fuck you. You're black, you're American. Get over it.

Kiss my ass. You whites are all here whining daily about how unfair life is for you. So you can go chew on rocks..

Oh yeah, name the last time I put up a thread that was all "Woe is me"

and "Darky owes me something".

Go fuck yourself. Merry Christmas.

Ain't no woe is me here bitch.

And I don't give a damn what you think boy.. I am going to post up what whitey owes because whitey owes.

Deal with it.
Yeah!!!

Enjoy a real American black man's music:

A real man, not some butthurt loser.

Really?

In 1956 he became the first African-American performer to host a variety TV series – The Nat King Cole Show, which featured leading performers of the day. But it was scrapped the following year, Cole blaming its demise on the lack of a national sponsor.

This was seen as a reflection of the racial issues of the time, no company wanting to back a show featuring African-American entertainers. Cole later quipped: “Madison Avenue is afraid of the dark."

Nat King Cole's Struggle With Racism

Nat King Cole documentary showcases singer's struggle with racism in 1940s, 1950s Los Angeles - NY Daily News

26-NKC.jpg

Yep, I'm sure Cole just loved this.

The story of Nat King Cole and his racist neighbours

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are th e least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

This is how things happen for people who work 43 years and retire.

Black Self / White World — lessons on internalized racism

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

Yet somehow they end up bitter as fuck.

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

I’m glad for you that your career as a union janitor lead you to be paid to bitch about racism on a message board.

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

I’m glad for you that your career as a union janitor lead you to be paid to bitch about racism on a message board.

Telling me your current employment status has nothing to do with the OP.

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

g you

ad ba
Yet somehow they end up bitter as fuck.

Seems to me that you are the bitter one. You can't deal with the truth, so all you have is name calling and trolling off topic. And since most of the admin here allow punks like you to troll instead of deleting your posts, warning or tread banning you, but allow trolling to go on until they close the thread like you want done, thereby trying to control our freedom of speech, this is the type of shit we blacks here must endure.

It has zero to do with the OP.
I spent 20+ years studying.

You've studied nothing and I have spent at least 36 years studying these issues.

You've studied nothing and I have spent at least 36 years studying these issues.
I study Jewish history.
We work.
We do real well.
We get kicked out.
We move somewhere else.
We work.
We do real well.
Wash...Rinse...Repeat.

I study Jewish history.
We work.
We do real well.
We get kicked out.
We move somewhere else.
We work.
We do real well.
Wash...Rinse...Repeat.

You are white, maybe we ask the black Jews how things go.

"If someone asked you to name the most urgent crisis facing the Jewish community, “anti-blackness” or “intra-community racism” might not be among your first thoughts.

But it should be. That’s because anti-blackness in the Jewish community is pushing black Jews out. Countless black Jews have made the difficult decision to leave Judaism completely, no longer identifying as Jewish.

Why did they leave those identities behind? They could no longer deal with the constant racism."

Opinion | Black Jews Are Being Chased Out Of the Jewish Community By Racism. Here Are Their Stories.

Opinion | I Told Jews To Think About What Being ‘White’ Means. Then The Racism Exploded.

I study Jewish history.
We work.
We do real well.
We get kicked out.
We move somewhere else.
We work.
We do real well.
Wash...Rinse...Repeat.

You are white, maybe we ask the black Jews how things go.

"If someone asked you to name the most urgent crisis facing the Jewish community, “anti-blackness” or “intra-community racism” might not be among your first thoughts.

But it should be. That’s because anti-blackness in the Jewish community is pushing black Jews out. Countless black Jews have made the difficult decision to leave Judaism completely, no longer identifying as Jewish.

Why did they leave those identities behind? They could no longer deal with the constant racism."

Opinion | Black Jews Are Being Chased Out Of the Jewish Community By Racism. Here Are Their Stories.

Opinion | I Told Jews To Think About What Being ‘White’ Means. Then The Racism Exploded.
I can honestly say I have black friends from way back and no one in my community makes them feel anything but part of the tribe. We have several married blacks, and a few interracial marriages and no one notices.
Most social problems amongst Jews are in the chassidic areas where everybody is checking out everybody else for what they’re wearing.

If "whites" are so ferociously racist and anti-black, why bother imploring them for sympathy and redress?

IM2 shared, "A second way African Americans experience danger is witnessing harm and injury to other African Americans because of real or perceived racism."

"This secondary trauma is widely recognized in the child abuse treatment field and occurs to therapists that repeatedly experience the traumas of abused children."

"Repeatedly witnessing African Americans suffering on television news is painful, and for some triggers very strong emotion
."

Yes, I agree children and teens may experience trauma when witnessing FACT based NEWS reports describing the atrocities, savagery and fvvkery being committed in far too many black or African American communities.

Sadly, far too many black or American kids and teens of African descent regularly witness, with their own eyes, their neighbors committing 'people and community harming' atrocities, savagery and fvvkery.

My question is:

WHO are our Nation's primary child caregivers responsible for raising, nurturing and socializing perfectly healthy American newborns, maturing into apparent depressed, frustrated, angry, emotionally ill, sometimes violent SUIC!DAL, HOMIC!DAL, DOMESTIC AMERICAN TERRORISTS (*May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suic!de by Black Children Surprises Researchers - The New York Times*) causing COMMUNITY VIOLENCE, COMMUNITY FEAR, TERRORIZING, gunning down, killing American Babies and Elders, as well as impugning the image of our peaceful, responsible black or American friends, neighbors and co-workers of African descent?"

What is your opinion of the late social activist Ms. Sandra Bland declaring WAR on apparent emotionally troubled or mentally ill fellow citizens engaging in 'people and community harming' atrocities, savagery and fvvkery?

William 'Willie' Cooper was fatally shot July 15, 2017 on Chicago_02..jpg

See my USMB Sig to witness a caring American citizens denouncing the American citizens responsible for committing atrocities, savagery and fvvkery she witnesses occurring in her own community.

What affects does this type of people and community harming anti-social behaviors have a children during their most critical period of human development?

YOUNG APPARENT SUICIDAL HOMICIDAL AMERICAN CITIZEN

_Belinda Pittman-McGee Oprah Winfrey_02.jpg

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

Forum List

Back