The hypocrisy of Facebook

gipper

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2011
Apparently Zuckerfuck doesn’t understand how big politics and big media work. He didn’t learn the Golden Rule…shower these corrupt bastards with money.

You know? Like big pharma does.
1633524439871.png

Apparently Zuckerfuck doesn’t understand how big politics and big media work. He didn’t learn the Golden Rule…shower these corrupt bastards with money.

You know? Like big pharma does.
View attachment 548117

A lot of smart people are so focused on their own lives that they don't take time to understand everything else.

Saying that a lot of people on forums like this also don't.

People have chosen this. We want to blame Facebook for a lot of the choices we ourselves make. I have found and got back in touch with quite a few old friends and I think that is pretty cool.

Someone clicks on Facebook ads. I have no idea who. I understand for a site like this to remain they have to be profitable but all the same I do not click on Facebook ads.

There was supposed to be the "Conservative" alternative a short while ago. Facebook didn't make anyone sign anything that they would only post to Facebook. I had quite a few friends say they were going to leave and maybe did a few days but back they came.

It was a choice they made. So people want a "law" because they are not willing to simply leave but they want Facebook to not be able to run their site as they see fit.

I delete nearly every single political post I see. Why everything must be about "politics" is something I do not understand but Facebook gives me that option to weed that out. I can ignore people for 30 days that only post about politics.

People have chosen this. We want to blame Facebook for a lot of the choices we ourselves make. I have found and got back in touch with quite a few old friends and I think that is pretty cool.

Someone clicks on Facebook ads. I have no idea who. I understand for a site like this to remain they have to be profitable but all the same I do not click on Facebook ads.

There was supposed to be the "Conservative" alternative a short while ago. Facebook didn't make anyone sign anything that they would only post to Facebook. I had quite a few friends say they were going to leave and maybe did a few days but back they came.

It was a choice they made. So people want a "law" because they are not willing to simply leave but they want Facebook to not be able to run their site as they see fit.

I delete nearly every single political post I see. Why everything must be about "politics" is something I do not understand but Facebook gives me that option to weed that out. I can ignore people for 30 days that only post about politics.
This. When I first saw Facebook a little more than a decade ago, I decided it was a waste of time. A cesspool. I resisted joining for many years, only to capitulate because I wanted to keep track of the kids and grandkids. It was always a one way mirror for me. The point is, I had a choice of how deeply I wanted to get in. And I chose the 50K foot view. No groups. No newsfeeds. Very little in the way of ads. If someone that is a friend is a prolific political poster, I unfollow them. Simple. Now, I listen to the whistleblower, to media pundits, to politicians left and right expressing their righteous outrage and I shake my head. Guys...that is what a social media platform DOES!! It is designed to gather as much information about its subscribers as possible and feed into their likes an dislikes. That's what draws athe advertising dollars. What did people think was going to happen?? :)

It is DEEPLY amusing to me that the right wing is all up in arms now that social media platforms are cracking down on disinformation, misinformation, and flat out lies. Well, you were all for these platforms five years ago when the greatest politician since sliced bread stepped off the golden escalator and announced to the country that he was running for President. And the left wingers are no better. Toss a law at it because of some flare of moral outrage that it's corrupting our society...too late!! I got a simple solution. Won't cost anything.....Put..the..phone..down. Delete the app. If you can't, then resolve to use it less and reduce your social media footprint.....although if you are a prolific poster that will probably be impossible.

We all have a choice. Now dammit, let's get back to talking about the interesting subject of the debt ceiling. :)

This. When I first saw Facebook a little more than a decade ago, I decided it was a waste of time. A cesspool. I resisted joining for many years, only to capitulate because I wanted to keep track of the kids and grandkids. It was always a one way mirror for me. The point is, I had a choice of how deeply I wanted to get in. And I chose the 50K foot view. No groups. No newsfeeds. Very little in the way of ads. If someone that is a friend is a prolific political poster, I unfollow them. Simple. Now, I listen to the whistleblower, to media pundits, to politicians left and right expressing their righteous outrage and I shake my head. Guys...that is what a social media platform DOES!! It is designed to gather as much information about its subscribers as possible and feed into their likes an dislikes. That's what draws athe advertising dollars. What did people think was going to happen?? :)

It is DEEPLY amusing to me that the right wing is all up in arms now that social media platforms are cracking down on disinformation, misinformation, and flat out lies. Well, you were all for these platforms five years ago when the greatest politician since sliced bread stepped off the golden escalator and announced to the country that he was running for President. And the left wingers are no better. Toss a law at it because of some flare of moral outrage that it's corrupting our society...too late!! I got a simple solution. Won't cost anything.....Put..the..phone..down. Delete the app. If you can't, then resolve to use it less and reduce your social media footprint.....although if you are a prolific poster that will probably be impossible.

We all have a choice. Now dammit, let's get back to talking about the interesting subject of the debt ceiling. :)
It’s been reported in the MSM that FB chooses profits over safety. Is this not laughable? Nearly every major corporation and industry in this country does this, and our government supports them.

Is not big pharma more guilty of this than any other industry? Yet you rarely hear any criticism of big pharma by pols or the MSM.
Whistleblower says Facebook chooses profits over public safety

It’s been reported in the MSM that FB chooses profits over safety. Is this not laughable? Nearly every major corporation and industry in this country does this, and our government supports them.

Is not big pharma more guilty of this than any other industry? Yet you rarely hear any criticism of big pharma by pols or the MSM.

That's the same thing I thought when I saw the news this morning.

The "Whistleblower" was complaining that Facebook cared more for profits than people. My first thought was the same "that describes the majority of companies".

Agreed. That's what companies do.
Social media companies are...social. The more they learn about you, the more they can adjust content to your particular slants.
I don't get what the issue is. It's not like they're hiding these goals. :) Why are people so surprised?

Forum List

Back