The Honorable Don Evans: Kerry's Budget Hole Means Higher and Higher Taxes

Originally posted by shadow 04
how come i paid 2,000 more this year after the great tax cuts of course i'm a lowly 40,00 a year middle class worker not a 200,000 with stocks up the ass and living from pay check to the next like the majority of the us population.
$2,000 more than what?? Considering that there was no increase in the tax rates, I find it highly ulikely that you paid more in taxes this year due to an increase in taxes. I suspect that you either had fewer deductions and thus were taxed a lower rate but on higher income or you underestimated your withholding and you actually owed $2,000 this year as opposed to having receieved a refund last year.

Whatever the reason, it is extemely doubtful that you are paying a higher percentage of taxes than someone making $200K. By the way, where do you live? I would bet you don't live in a high-expense neighborhood so your equating your lowly 40,000 (I assume you meant that anyway) with someone else's $200,000 is kind of ridiculous. You've no idea what a person making $200K actually pays taxes on...it all depends on their deductions- not necessarily on their income.

"CHOSE to not pursue and further their education" your man in the white house has chosen to reduce college education loans which parents like me are strapped with (which i gladely accept because i have compassion) and there is always the possibilty that your children's chosen career will be outsourced when they are finished and who will pay the bills-i have experienced this with computer science major son

Then go to a reputable bank and get a loan like so many others have. Why do you rely on the government to take care of you?

well good night jim-once was a registered republican until i had to deal with the politicians of this party in my occupation-not totally biased will probably vote for arlon spector in pa this november as i see the ultra conseratives trying to get rid of him

try reading America's Nightmare or worse than watergate by dean or other numerous books concerning the course this regime is taking us on "back to the future"

I have a problem reading the opinions a man who was a key Player IN WATERGATE has on the anything. Hes just like Clarke. Cashing in on the stupidity of Liberals.

Hell ive been toying with righting a hate Bush novel lately. theres good money to be had and it has a built in audience and promotion apparatus. What with instant appearences on Good morning America, front page headlines in the NY times, etc, etc. Damn with little investment i can make millions.

well good night jim-once was a registered republican until i had to deal with the politicians of this party in my occupation-not totally biased will probably vote for arlon spector in pa this november as i see the ultra conseratives trying to get rid of him

BTW, despite Bush's endorsment for spector (which is purely political since he controls the interest rates), he is the closest thing to a liberal the Repuublican party has. Toomy is a better choice. We need a change in PA.

Forum List

Back