The Height Of Irresponsibility

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NATO AIR, Dec 18, 2005.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    disgusting.

they cut the 50 million last month. we're giving billions to israel, egypt, south korea (yea a great ally there), we waste billions every year, we give billions in corporate welfare, we give billions to lazy americans cheating the system, billions to big pharma, to old people to save a dollar or five on their drugs.....

but we can't spare 50 million dollars to pay for some under equipped, under manned, under supported africans to try to save a bunch of starving orphans, gang raped women and girls and broken, beaten elderly people from some jihadist militiamen.

yay for leadership in washington.

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    There should be no politician, here nor anywhere else in the world that can look another person in the eye when this topic comes up. They should collectively and individually be about as ashamed of their willful ignorance to the situation as they are of anything.

This is EXACTLY what our nickels and dimes go to the UN to prevent. THAT is where the funding should be cut off, IMO.

3. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    It actually makes me feel good IF I get to cheat on my taxes and give the money to Christian charities instead.

Unfortunately, this is a situation that requires military assistence for charities to work, and YES, its the UN that is responsable for this. I mean, if they arent involved in this, WHAT THE HELL DO THEY EXIST FOR???
    Well, some of us already know the answer to that.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I agree. The UN is the problem with Darfur. NATO and I have had a bit of a disagreement, not in the sense of I'm against helping, I'm not. Rather it's that the US cannot go it alone in this area, which is NOT vital to our national interests, but IS part of the family of man. The UN should be doing the right thing.

5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Well of course, we're not intervening, so we're not going it alone.

We pay a third of the AU's peacekeeping budget for Darfur, the EU and Japan pay the other two thirds. "Multilateral' indeed.

The UN cannot accomplish anything even if it wanted, because China, Russia and France sit on the Security Council and will veto anything resembling an intervention in the situation.

So the best America can do is help fund the small peacekeeping operation, and with the security it provides to relief efforts, then we help fund the relief operations themselves.

So this shows you the shortsightedness, the ignorance, the arrogance of these politicians. They just cut the 50 million dollars that went to "security" which wastes the 300 million dollars we give to "relief".

Its quite simple.... no security, no relief. The relief organizations cannot do their job without protection against jihadist militias.

So courtesy of our wonderful Congress, we've just wasted 300 million dollars to save 50 million.

6. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    And that's why I like Texans... blunt and to the point, that is exactly how I feel as well about this.

The next time I hear a speech about values or morals or leadership from a House Congressman, democrat or republican, pardon me while I vomit.

Not one of them could muster the will to speak out on this, to urge their comrades in cowardice to do the right thing.

And with the exception of a rare few, they're all sucking up to the UN crowd.

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    That's a really cool way of saying I have no tact. ;)

8. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    My ears have been burning this evening :)