The Hardest Part

I would hate to say (and many of you would probably not believe) how many of my students over the decades tragically left the class roster. It happens, and every time it very painfully illustrates the consequence of poor choices and poor self-control. Part of wisdom is being lucky enough to get there.

Some "teachers" here bitch and moan about dealing with 5 year olds as if they have so tough. Sure seems like they have no idea what the real world is like.

Did I touch a nerve? You talk about me a lot.

I'm glad some of you don't have to know what I'm talking about.
I gather from my friend who teaches middle, outer city school kids, one gets to know where they're coming from and often feels powerless trying to overcome interfering distractions from their home life. You finally get a kid excited about learning something. They begin to flower, produce some impressive work, and.. poof. They're gone. Like someone ripped them from your grasp at the worst possible moment.

I would hate to say (and many of you would probably not believe) how many of my students over the decades tragically left the class roster. It happens, and every time it very painfully illustrates the consequence of poor choices and poor self-control. Part of wisdom is being lucky enough to get there.

Some "teachers" here bitch and moan about dealing with 5 year olds as if they have so tough. Sure seems like they have no idea what the real world is like.
"Hey, Teacher! Leave Those Kids Alone!"

Sorry your personality drove your students to quit school altogether. Add it to the list of the many things you have to feel guilty about.

He means they drop out for whatever reason.
Numbers Zombie

I was a fanatic about math until my cold and nasty Geometry teacher found the textbook I had left in my desk and never told me about it until four days later, when I said I couldn't do the homework because I couldn't find my book. I figured that if mathematicians are like him, I no longer wanted to be one.

From the motherfucker's cryptic hint droppings, I think he means dead.

I like ya Unko, but you're being massively vague with this here thread.

I like ya Unko, but you're being massively vague with this here thread.
There are some things I'm not comfortable discussing in great detail, and I had hoped that there were some adults here who had experienced life outside gated communities who would understand.

There are some things I'm not comfortable discussing in great detail, and I had hoped that there were some adults here who had experienced life outside gated communities who would understand.
If only you were capable of communicating using the written word. Maybe your ineffectiveness as a teacher plays a part. Could it be you bear some responsibility?

If only you were capable of communicating using the written word. Maybe your ineffectiveness as a teacher plays a part. Could it be you bear some responsibility?
This is not the thread for your trolling. Beat it.

Forum List

Back