The Halloween Thread

Happy Halloween

1385403_10151905738449019_464539577_n.jpg

Love that projection one...I wonder what that would cost.......

And yep, rain is supposed to start about the same time as trick or treating.... Good be a bad year, unless they change it real soon....

We have rain and wind today. The Mayor of Toledo is changing the day. It's supposed to be announced at around noon. I live in one of the burbs so hopefully we'll be cancelled for today as well.

It isn't safe for the kids, visibility is down when you're in your car. It isn't as fun for them but I would like it to be during the day on Saturday.

If I get home in time for the candy fest tonight I'm going to put the candy in a dog Treat box and when they say trick or treat I'll reply sorry but all I have left are these dog treats but help yourself.

Happy Halloween

Nothing happy about it, Luddly. It is a night when human beings are sacrificed to Satan. For those who are not fearful of graphic description of how Satanists celebrate Halloween - Have a look at this link and realize they have been building up to this since the 13th of this month.

LIST OF SATANIC HOLIDAYS (SRA)

One of the saddest cases of children celebrating Halloween was recounted in Johanna Michaelsons book, "The Beautiful Side of Evil".. she said a family was giving out candy on halloween and had run to the kitchen to get more candy while letting their older child and 3 yr old answer the door - when they swung door open there was a tall black figure that looked like the grim reaper with a sickle in his hand - I believe that was the costume - the 3 yr old dropped dead from fright. They tried to revive the child but could not.

Some of the occult covens use animal sacrifices for their occult practices and as an animal lover I would think that would upset you, Luddley.

Happy Halloween

Nothing happy about it, Luddly. It is a night when human beings are sacrificed to Satan. For those who are not fearful of graphic description of how Satanists celebrate Halloween - Have a look at this link and realize they have been building up to this since the 13th of this month.

One of the saddest cases of children celebrating Halloween was recounted in Johanna Michaelsons book, "The Beautiful Side of Evil".. she said a family was giving out candy on halloween and had run to the kitchen to get more candy while letting their older child and 3 yr old answer the door - when they swung door open there was a tall black figure that looked like the grim reaper with a sickle in his hand - I believe that was the costume - the 3 yr old dropped dead from fright. They tried to revive the child but could not.

Some of the occult covens use animal sacrifices for their occult practices and as an animal lover I would think that would upset you, Luddley.

Save this crap for the Sunday Service. The kids asking me for candy don't look like killers.

Pft

Happy Halloween

and a very Happy Halloween to you!

Happy Halloween

Three year olds do not drop dead from fright. Who would believe such a thing? How absurd.

Halloween, as marketed in the USA, is, by far, the most obnoxious and stupid so-called "holiday" of all!!!

You teach impressionable young people to go out and beg sweets from total strangers - another case of showing them how they don't need to earn them for themselves.

It is such a farce from the original meaning that it should be outlawed.

The original meaning of All Hallowed Evening was the return from the grave of loved ones to be celebrated by those left behind. The Catholic church, as it did so many other local beliefs, turned it into a Christian event.

In almost every other nation in the Americas, people go to the graves of their ancestors and have a small celebration of their lives and how they will someday be with them.

Another example of a holiday being destroyed by marketing.

Hell, they're already advertising Christmas stuff on TV. Before, they would at least wait until Thanksgiving - which is another lie-filled holiday.

Thank you Scrooge. :lol:

Putting the crazed Halloween poisoner story to rest can be quite the task, as was outlined in a 9 November 1989 article in the Los Angeles Times. The following is an excerpt from an interview with Joel Best, a professor of sociology at California State University, Fresno, who has been trying to debunk this urban legend for more than thirty years:
"We checked major newspapers from throughout the country from 1958 through 1988," he said, "assuming that any story this horrible would certainly be well reported."

Well, they found a total of 78 cases and two deaths. [The two deaths Best was referring to were the O'Bryan murder and the accidental poisoning of Kevin Toston.] Further checking proved that almost all of the 78 cases were pranks. The deaths were tragically real, but they, too, were misrepresented in the beginning.

The pranks, he said, were all of kids — after years of hearing similar stories — inserting needles or razor blades into fruit, not realizing (or maybe realizing) how much they frightened their whole town.

"My favorite," Best says, "was the kid who brought a half-eaten candy bar to his parents and said, 'I think there's ant poison on this.' They had it checked and, sure enough, there was ant poison on it — significantly, on the end he had not bitten." Of course, the youngster had applied the poison himself.

Best has tried mightily over the years to destroy this particular myth, but obviously to no avail. "It's the old problem of trying to prove a negative," he says.
Sad to say, foreign objects hidden in Halloween loot are part of the trick-or-treat experience, but these incidents are few and far between, and our fear of them is greatly out of proportion with the likelihood of their occurring. Acting on this out-of-control fear, some hospitals and police departments have taken to x-raying bags of Halloween plunder, as noted in the 31 October 1993 Washington Post:
Of several contacted, only Maryland Hospital Center reported discovering what seemed to be a real threat — a needle detected by X-ray in a candy bar in 1988. But there was never an arrest or resolution in the case.

In the ten years the National Confectioners Association has run its Halloween Hot Line, the group has yet to verify an instance of tampering, said spokesman Bill Sheehan. "These myths become truisms."
Barbara "truism words were never spoken" Mikkelson

Sightings: This legend appears in a 1986 Jack Chick tract about the satanic influences of Halloween.

Last updated: 31 October 2013

Read more at snopes.com: Poisoned Halloween Candy

Three year olds do not drop dead from fright. Who would believe such a thing? How absurd.

I had plenty of 3 year old tonight..... and they all left smiling and happy :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back