The Greatest Redistribution of Income in History

StateUnemployMaxDec2010.jpg

From the Chart Above, the red is the amount unemployment has fallen in those states. The states without any red are currently at the highest point of unemployment. Notice they are all Red.

Emerging Market Mania: CHINA, ?Thanks for the Jobs Uncle Sam, But We?ll Pass On the Inflation?

In plain terms, the US began shifting manufacturing jobs offshore. Charting the full impact of this trend on US employment is difficult. However, Robert Scott, an economist at the Economic Policy Institute, estimates that between 2001 and 2008 2.4 million American jobs were lost as a result of increased trade with China alone. Bear in mind, this doesn’t account for the jobs lost in the 30 years from 1971 to 2001.

Unemployment rate for college grads is highest since 1970 - USATODAY.com

The well-educated have been insulated from the worst effects of the recession, which battered manufacturing and construction workers. And unemployment is still far lower for the college-educated than for high school graduates (10%) and those without high school diplomas (15.7%).

============

Thought it was interesting.

The trouble with those people who are on the right and are making average wages is they lack class consciousness, which is why they vote against their interests.

Having class consciousness means that people of lower and middle classes do not fall for stupid tricks that pit them against their own class. They do not make stupid statements like

Oh, stop with the class warfare horseshit. You want more than what you've got, get off your ass and get to work. Nobody's keeping you down, and nobody owes you anything.

People who are one step above whaleshit believe stories about welfare queens and that these are the people bringing America to her knees. The truth is, they are far closer to the welfare queen class wise than they are to the CEO making 500 times the average worker. They don't want to see themselves that way, so they cheer for the CEO.

Did you ever notice how leftists define everyone's self-interest as "voting to keep leftists in power"?

That's because leftists really don't give a shit about people. They just want power.

Meanwhile, draper, who is The Man that's keeping you down?
Do you think it's accurate to say blue-collar unionized Reagan Democrats voted in opposition to their economic class interests when they helped reelect the Gipper in 1984?

You are free to do as you choose... live by your decisions, efforts, achievements, etc... I certainly do not fault others in getting what they can in this free society... at least it is not involuntary confiscation of contributors to distribute thru government bureaucracy to con contributors, which is against the concept of a free society

So go for the gusto, idiot, shoot for the moon... go for that promotion from fry cook to cashier at McDonalds
My concept of a free society doesn't include parasites and their useful idiots like you using political bribes to transfer a billion dollars every year from fry cooks, cashiers, and their employers to hedge fund honcos.

"If you make less than $160,000 a year (95% of us), your household value has decreased, percentage-wise, over the last 25 years.

"According to noted researcher Edward Wolff, only the top 5% of American families increased their percentage of the country's total household net worth from 1983 to 2007."

How's your current household value compared to 1986?

What's your expectation for 2036?

The Big Obscenity:

And please show any actual transfer of monies from the poor to the rich via government or "bribes" or anything else

There is TONS of evidence of confiscation from earners to non-earners... but NOTHING in support of your bullshit assertion

If you can't understand it I suggest you stop listening to Limbaugh, Beck, O'Reilly and the rest of the millionaire propagandists because they apparently have taken control of your thoughts and enlisted you into serving the corporatist agenda. That is unless you happen to be a multi-billionaire, which I kinda doubt.
Oh, stop with the class warfare horseshit. You want more than what you've got, get off your ass and get to work. Nobody's keeping you down, and nobody owes you anything.

I think, well I know, your concept of class warfare is the one that has been fed to you by your favorite propagandist.
There have been many FACTS thrown at you and your answer is the staple answer based on absolutely no facts.
It's a FACT that during record productivity that wages for the working class have been flat despite record productivity and good profits. The money stayed at the top, FACT! So, that's not keeping people down? Well then, what is it?
Can you deny that there is a wealth gap and that it's at a record level.
Please respond with some facts to counter this threads topic.
Non factual talking points are just that, talking points.

You disagree with what I say (which is not talking points but common sense, by the way -- no wonder you don't recognize it)?

Then you must think...sorry, wrong word...feel that someone is keeping you down, and someone owes you something.

Who's keeping you down, and who owes you?

From Common Dreams.org:

How much have the richest 1% stolen since 1980?

"If you make less than $114,000 a year (90% of us), you've been financially damaged by the flow of income to the richest 1% of Americans over the past 30 years.

"Based on Internal Revenue Service figures, if middle- and upper-middle class families had maintained the same share of American productivity that they held in 1980, they would be making an average of $12,500 more per year."

Since US GDP has increased five-fold since 1980 is it not reasonable to say upper-middle class families should have maintained their same share of the economic pie?

"But if earnings since 1980 were based on this measure of productiveness, the richest 1% of Americans would be making $1 trillion less per year.

"A trillion dollars a year. That's more than we spend on the entire military.

"A trillion dollars a year. That's seven times more than the budget deficits of all 50 states combined...

"Who are the people making up the richest 1%? Bankers, CEOs, upper management, university presidents, Congressmen...

"Taxing them is not 'soaking the rich.'

"The greatest redistribution of income in history has taken place over the last 30 years, and the victims are beginning to make a fuss about it."

MAKE a FUSS!

Next time, try "I want what you have worked so hard for, handed to me for nothing"

It's a lot more to the point.

Thanks.
Even more to the point:

"There are 49 million people in the US who live in households which eat only because they receive food stamps, visit food pantries or soup kitchens for help.

"Sixteen million are so poor they have skipped meals or foregone food at some point in the last year.

"This is the highest level since statistics have been kept. Source: US Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service."

Liberal math?

Walmartstores.com: Careers
Find Jobs. Build a Better Career. Find Your Calling. | Monster.com

You want to eat... provide for yourself... work for it... you ain't owed it

If you can't understand it I suggest you stop listening to Limbaugh, Beck, O'Reilly and the rest of the millionaire propagandists because they apparently have taken control of your thoughts and enlisted you into serving the corporatist agenda. That is unless you happen to be a multi-billionaire, which I kinda doubt.
A certain percentage of those losing their homes to foreclosure who have worked as hard as you throughout their adult lives might feel Wall Street owes them something.

Do you?

What of those nearing retirement whose savings and pensions were plundered when the latest bubbles popped?

What does Wall Street owe those people?

An attempt to steal their Social Security?
Whoever promised you that life was going to be fair lied to you.

This is real life, Skippy. Most of us have moved on past the kindergarten view.

You think Wall Street owes you? Then get off your ass and go collect. Damn, you're a lazy little shit, aren't you?

Subsidized rent or special shopping privileges?
I live on base, so I don't receive the housing allowance. Given the house I'm in, I'm losing money on the deal. But I like living on base.

Yes.
I'm guessing your family's medical expenses consume a smaller portion of your budget than most Americans.
Probably. My wife's had to have three major surgeries in the 20 years we've been in. Our out-of-pocket expenses were less an a hundred dollars.

So?

Shall we count up what all I've done to earn those benefits? The years I've spent away from my family in dangerous places? The millions of dollars of assets I've saved from destruction? The billion dollars of assets I've managed efficiently?

What I've received, I've earned. That was the contract I signed with Uncle Sam. You signed the same contract, but you chickened out after a couple of weeks.

What are you? A "Mexican Drug Mule"?
If I was, you'd be asking to be on my Friends list.

The trouble with those people who are on the right and are making average wages is they lack class consciousness, which is why they vote against their interests.

Having class consciousness means that people of lower and middle classes do not fall for stupid tricks that pit them against their own class. They do not make stupid statements like

People who are one step above whaleshit believe stories about welfare queens and that these are the people bringing America to her knees. The truth is, they are far closer to the welfare queen class wise than they are to the CEO making 500 times the average worker. They don't want to see themselves that way, so they cheer for the CEO.

Did you ever notice how leftists define everyone's self-interest as "voting to keep leftists in power"?

That's because leftists really don't give a shit about people. They just want power.

Do you think it's accurate to say blue-collar unionized Reagan Democrats voted in opposition to their economic class interests when they helped reelect the Gipper in 1984?
No, because I'm not simultaneously arrogant and stupid enough to think that I can define anyone's self-interests for them. I leave that to you leftists. You're certainly qualified.

Alex Cockburn speculated recently he doesn't think Republican elites will tolerate Sarah Palin if she wins her party's nomination in 2012. Michael Bloomberg will be pressed into service, and Obama could face an independent challenge from Russ Feingold.

[...]
While I would much prefer Bernie Sanders, Dennis Kucinich or Sheldon Whitehouse I think Russell Feingold would be an effective and productive replacement for Obama. I definitely would vote for him.
I'm rapidly approaching a point where I would prefer anyone but Obama. It's become very clear to me why Goldman Sachs gave him four times as much money in 2008 as McCain.

Liberals in this country seem incapable of judging this president by the content of his character or policies which leaves only the color of his skin to explain their continued support.

Truthdig currently has a pair of columns offering diametrically opposite solutions to our Obama problem. Bill Boyarsky claims Republicans will be so much worse we have to reelect Obama while Chris Hedges says the time for lesser evils has long since passed.

I find myself agreeing with Chris.(again)

There is a difference between employees giving to a political candidate and a company giving to a candidate. You may work at a company because you need a job and you do a good job cleaning men's rooms. You, along with other employees might give to Obama money bundled from fundraisers because they know Obama won't push tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires or apologize to BP or hold millions of unemployed hostage for even more tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires.

Look at "Freddie/Fannie". Obama received the most money ---> from the employees, NOT upper management.

This is why it seems strange that companies would give to opposing candidates. Management gives to one candidate, with the money coming directly from the company.

Employees give to the other candidates with money bundled together from fundraisers and bake sales and door to door.

The Republican base is on the side of the companies, even when those companies close down operations and move to China, leaving redneck dumbfucks behind supporting candidates who are screwing them, but they think it's the fault of the other party. They don't know how, but his skin is black so it must be him. White Republican leaders HAVE to be on the side of their white base, or do they?

I live on base, so I don't receive the housing allowance. Given the house I'm in, I'm losing money on the deal. But I like living on base.

Yes.

Probably. My wife's had to have three major surgeries in the 20 years we've been in. Our out-of-pocket expenses were less an a hundred dollars.

So?

Shall we count up what all I've done to earn those benefits? The years I've spent away from my family in dangerous places? The millions of dollars of assets I've saved from destruction? The billion dollars of assets I've managed efficiently?

What I've received, I've earned. That was the contract I signed with Uncle Sam. You signed the same contract, but you chickened out after a couple of weeks.

What are you? A "Mexican Drug Mule"?
If I was, you'd be asking to be on my Friends list.

Wrong. I don't take drugs and I don't drink alcohol. Not even red neck mead - beer.

Your problem is you want to replace him with someone even further left. And that would be disaster for America.
How about Ron Paul (libertarian version) against Ralph (Green Party) Nader for the 2012 White House with the loser serving as VP?
Nader's a whackjob. Paul has good ideas about the Constitution, but I don't like his foreign policy. It's simply not realistic. I do admire him for sticking to his principles, however. Not enough of that in DC.
Can you explain why it is "simply not realistic" to dismantle the US Empire today in the same way England dissolved its empire after World War Two?

If you could personally transition to helping build high speed rail and universal internet from sea to shining sea, would you feel like you weren't serving your country?

How about Ron Paul (libertarian version) against Ralph (Green Party) Nader for the 2012 White House with the loser serving as VP?
Nader's a whackjob. Paul has good ideas about the Constitution, but I don't like his foreign policy. It's simply not realistic. I do admire him for sticking to his principles, however. Not enough of that in DC.
Can you explain why it is "simply not realistic" to dismantle the US Empire today in the same way England dissolved its empire after World War Two?

If you could personally transition to helping build high speed rail and universal internet from sea to shining sea, would you feel like you weren't serving your country?
How 'bout you? Get off your ass and get to work. Quit bitching that the world owes you a living.

Next time, try "I want what you have worked so hard for, handed to me for nothing"

It's a lot more to the point.

Thanks.
Even more to the point:

"There are 49 million people in the US who live in households which eat only because they receive food stamps, visit food pantries or soup kitchens for help.

"Sixteen million are so poor they have skipped meals or foregone food at some point in the last year.

"This is the highest level since statistics have been kept. Source: US Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service."

Liberal math?

Walmartstores.com: Careers
Find Jobs. Build a Better Career. Find Your Calling. | Monster.com

You want to eat... provide for yourself... work for it... you ain't owed it

It is very sad that some, no matter what is presented, cannot tell conspiracy from reality.... Either they are really stupid and incapable of personal higher cognitive function, or are true blue enemy subversives of God and the Republic...

I laid out a clear cut pattern in the presentation of real topics and events outlined in the articles. I guess they are all imaginary in some depraved minds.... Some can be helped and some were just born that way.... They do not have the wisdom to know the difference.....

Great post by the way....

Here is more on the China scourge...

Lang Lang Chinese Pianist Plays Anti-American Song at US State Dinner

Lang Lang Chinese Pianist Plays Anti-American Song at US State Dinner | Maggie's Notebook

O.K., Japan Isn't Taking Over the World. But China...

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/03/weekinreview/03port.html?_r=1

China taking over US banks

China taking over US banks

Wal-Mart, the US retailer taking over the world by stealth

An investigation of five factories supplying Wal-Mart by China Labour Watch found "illegal and degrading conditions" according to a report released in November by the New York-based human rights group.

Wal-Mart: the US retailer taking over the world by stealth | Business | The Guardian

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrFvRn2zf5s&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Read this, Rothschild:

"The official US poverty numbers show we now have the highest number of poor people in 51 years.

"The official US poverty rate is 14.3 percent or 43.6 million people in poverty.

"One in five children in the US is poor; one in ten senior citizens is poor. Source: US Census Bureau."

Bill Quigley: The Class War at Home

Is Your Bank One of the 442 in Danger of Failure?

http://web.investinganswers.com/lan...=665&ref=GAW&gclid=COHmpMTU1qYCFQHs7QodqkosIA

Last edited:
Like what?
Do you pay Federal Taxes?
Yes.
I'm guessing your family's medical expenses consume a smaller portion of your budget than most Americans.

So?

Unlike your Wall Street heroes (and the Gipper) I have no doubt you've earned all that you've received.

Possibly you see the distinction between the two contracts we signed. I signed under duress (da draft), you did not, and I still doubt you have any empathy for the thousands of innocent human beings whose deaths and maiming you have directly enabled.

At least that was one mistake I did NOT make.

Do you ever worry about finding the courage to face those consequences some day?

Define leftists that are in power. I see no leftists in power.

The Man = A congress that is bought many times over by corporate interests. Corporations do not have anyones interests at heart but their own. Their only obligation is to their shareholders. Nobody and nothing else.
Can we simplify and say "The Man" = The Corporation?

Killer links.

Especially the L-Curve for the (alleged) 85% of Americans who are currently confused about the relationships of scale between millions, billions and trillions.

" *
"The L-Curve graph represents income, not wealth. The distribution of wealth is even more skewed. Quoting from a recently-published book by political philosopher David Schweickart,

"'If we divided the income of the US into thirds, we find that the top ten percent of the population gets a third, the next thirty percent gets another third, and the bottom sixty percent get the last third.

"'If we divide the wealth of the US into thirds, we find that the top one percent own a third, the next nine percent own another third, and the bottom ninety percent claim the rest.

" (Actually, these percentages, true a decade ago, are now out of date. The top one percent are now estimated to own between forty and fifty percent of the nation's wealth, more than the combined wealth of the bottom 95%.)"

This will only worsen as long as 85% of voters continue "choosing" between Republican OR Democrat.

They are BOTH the problem.

FLUSH the DC Toilet in 2012.

Yes.

So?

Unlike your Wall Street heroes (and the Gipper) I have no doubt you've earned all that you've received.

Possibly you see the distinction between the two contracts we signed. I signed under duress (da draft), you did not, and I still doubt you have any empathy for the thousands of innocent human beings whose deaths and maiming you have directly enabled.

At least that was one mistake I did NOT make.

Do you ever worry about finding the courage to face those consequences some day?
Whatever lets you justify your cowardice, you America-hating little shit.

Define leftists that are in power. I see no leftists in power.

The Man = A congress that is bought many times over by corporate interests. Corporations do not have anyones interests at heart but their own. Their only obligation is to their shareholders. Nobody and nothing else.
Can we simplify and say "The Man" = The Corporation?
Then how is The Corporation keeping you down?

Forum List

Back