The Greatest Redistribution of Income in History

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
From Common Dreams.org:

How much have the richest 1% stolen since 1980?

"If you make less than $114,000 a year (90% of us), you've been financially damaged by the flow of income to the richest 1% of Americans over the past 30 years.

"Based on Internal Revenue Service figures, if middle- and upper-middle class families had maintained the same share of American productivity that they held in 1980, they would be making an average of $12,500 more per year."

Since US GDP has increased five-fold since 1980 is it not reasonable to say upper-middle class families should have maintained their same share of the economic pie?

"But if earnings since 1980 were based on this measure of productiveness, the richest 1% of Americans would be making $1 trillion less per year.

"A trillion dollars a year. That's more than we spend on the entire military.

"A trillion dollars a year. That's seven times more than the budget deficits of all 50 states combined...

"Who are the people making up the richest 1%? Bankers, CEOs, upper management, university presidents, Congressmen...

"Taxing them is not 'soaking the rich.'

"The greatest redistribution of income in history has taken place over the last 30 years, and the victims are beginning to make a fuss about it."

MAKE a FUSS!

You are free to do as you choose... live by your decisions, efforts, achievements, etc... I certainly do not fault others in getting what they can in this free society... at least it is not involuntary confiscation of contributors to distribute thru government bureaucracy to con contributors, which is against the concept of a free society

So go for the gusto, idiot, shoot for the moon... go for that promotion from fry cook to cashier at McDonalds

From Common Dreams.org:

"If you make less than $114,000 a year (90% of us), you've been financially damaged by the flow of income to the richest 1% of Americans over the past 30 years.

"Based on Internal Revenue Service figures, if middle- and upper-middle class families had maintained the same share of American productivity that they held in 1980, they would be making an average of $12,500 more per year."

Since US GDP has increased five-fold since 1980 is it not reasonable to say upper-middle class families should have maintained their same share of the economic pie?

"But if earnings since 1980 were based on this measure of productiveness, the richest 1% of Americans would be making $1 trillion less per year.

"A trillion dollars a year. That's seven times more than the budget deficits of all 50 states combined...

"Who are the people making up the richest 1%? Bankers, CEOs, upper management, university presidents, Congressmen...

"The greatest redistribution of income in history has taken place over the last 30 years, and the victims are beginning to make a fuss about it."

MAKE a FUSS!

Jealous are we??

From Common Dreams.org:

MAKE a FUSS!

Next time, try "I want what you have worked so hard for, handed to me for nothing"

It's a lot more to the point.

Thanks.

From Common Dreams.org:

!

Well, Sergey Brin, one of the founders of Google, was 7 years old in 1980. Now he is worth about $15B and one of the richest men in the world.
So he must have stolen all that money from other wealthy people.

Georgephilip is a crank of the first order. It is no wonder he is also a Jew-hater.

We always blame someone else for our own inability to get what we want. I don't make alot of money but no one stole from me I just made some bad choices. Most people in the higher incomes either were born into it or just plain worked harder or luckier. You will drive your self crazy with the why me question. If you think your life is not going well take a look in the mirror.

georgephillip - thanks for posting this. It's so interesting that things are getting more and more unfair and more and more unbalanced in this country...

I love it how some admire the ones who cornhole them on a daily basis.

"I'll be a millionare someday if I keep my nose to the grindstone and sycophantically brownnose every exploitative sociopath who pats me on the head and tosses me a snausage for being a good little minion. If I insidiously step on the toes of my equals in the name of upward mobility, I'll be one of those wealthy moguls myself! Someday! Someday. Someday..."

Next time, try "I want what you have worked so hard for, handed to me for nothing"

Thanks.
How hard must one work to earn $150,000,000 in one year (that's one-hundred-and-fifty-million dollars)? Are you truly naive enough to believe that the concept of "work," in the accepted sense of the word, has a place in this equation?

It amazes me how so many who are willing to defend this kind of exploitive, ruinously capitalistic excess either haven't a pot to piss in or any hope of ever earning more than $50k a year -- for which they will need to bust their asses at jobs they hate.

What motivates these right wing dupes? Vain, onanistic hope? They are like an army of marching gnomes who happily carry the lubricant for the giant who eventually will hold them down and screw them in their asses.

Last edited:

Thanks.
How hard must one work to earn $150,000,000 in one year (that's one-hundred-and-fifty-million dollars)? Are you truly naive enough to believe that the concept of "work," in the accepted sense of the word, has a place in this equation?

I amazes me how so many who are willing to defend this kind of exploitive, ruinously capitalistic excess either haven't a pot to piss in or any hope of ever earning more than $50k a year -- for which they will need to bust their asses at jobs they hate.

What motivates these right wing dupes? Vain, onanistic hope? They are like an army of marching gnomes who happily carry the lubricant for the giant who eventually will hold them down and screw them in their asses.
You do realize that there isn't some finite pile of money somewhere, that the rich got to before you did, don't you?

Pure envy. Digusting.

Our "poor" are among the richest 5% of people in the world. Our "poor" are obese. Our "poor" have color TV's, cell phones, cars, xboxes, etc, etc. Along with free housing, healthcare, education, food, and handout cash.

Get over it. Our rich are rich. Our poor are rich. Our country is rich. You live in modern Rome. Enjoy.

You are free to do as you choose... live by your decisions, efforts, achievements, etc... I certainly do not fault others in getting what they can in this free society... at least it is not involuntary confiscation of contributors to distribute thru government bureaucracy to con contributors, which is against the concept of a free society

So go for the gusto, idiot, shoot for the moon... go for that promotion from fry cook to cashier at McDonalds
My concept of a free society doesn't include parasites and their useful idiots like you using political bribes to transfer a billion dollars every year from fry cooks, cashiers, and their employers to hedge fund honcos.

"If you make less than $160,000 a year (95% of us), your household value has decreased, percentage-wise, over the last 25 years.

"According to noted researcher Edward Wolff, only the top 5% of American families increased their percentage of the country's total household net worth from 1983 to 2007."

How's your current household value compared to 1986?

What's your expectation for 2036?

The Big Obscenity:

Meister: well I think it would be nice if everybody worked hard, and everybody's needs were taken care of. Nobody is dirt poor, and NOBODY makes an unseemly amount of money. Honest, clean-living, hardworking people are admired again. We're proud of making things well. We respect others for telling the truth, rather than playing politics. We respect others for being kind to those who really can't help it. Bullies get the SMACK DOWN. We resist attempting to impose our will on the people of other countries. Real people are respected again, rather than fakes who attempt to convince us that somehow they deserve to make a million times what the average person makes. NOBODY is worth that much money (except maybe Jesus Christ and he wouldn't take it!)

You do realize that there isn't some finite pile of money somewhere, that the rich got to before you did, don't you?
(Ref: Gross Domestic Product.) This (and every other) Nation owns a fixed amount of movable wealth which is distributed via its currency and other material holdings. So you need to study up on this subject because the most basic premise of your argument is wrong.

The situation we're faced with today is not new. It existed back in the 1920s in the era known as The Gilded Age and it ultimately precipitated the Great Depression. FDR's New Deal repaired the defect in the economic engine by implementing a progressive income tax with a 91% upper level ceiling, imposing strict regulations to control the activites of the banking and finance industries and by implementing the Social Security program. These essential modifications to the System were collectively titled The New Deal.

As you know, the New Deal brought about the most prosperous period in American history, the years between the 1940s and the 1980s. Ronald Reagan sabotaged the New Deal by implementing "Reaganomics" and commencing deregulation of the banking and finance industries. The sabotage was continued by Bush-1, Bill Clinton (NAFTA) and Bush-2.

What we are experiencing now is resumption of the economic practices of the Gilded Age, one very damaging aspect of which is grossly imbalanced distribution of the Nation's wealth -- a significant percentage of which has fallen into the hands of those who do not re-distribute it but who hoard it, invest it and move it offshore. Bottom line is the economy is being effectively starved by this systematic flaw in the distribution process.

To address the idea which apparently has been placed in your head by one or more of the neo-conservative propagandists you obviously are parroting, we who oppose this systematic destruction of our Nation's economy are not "envious" of wealth. We have no problem with wealth but rather with excessive wealth. And if you would allow yourself to think for yourself and to contemplate the damage being done to America by Reaganomics you might be able to understand that what you've been led to perceive as envy is in fact concern with the damage being done to our Country by systematic greed.

Quit reading the rank covetousness after that.

Try another note, tovarich.
Read this, Rothschild:

"The official US poverty numbers show we now have the highest number of poor people in 51 years.

"The official US poverty rate is 14.3 percent or 43.6 million people in poverty.

"One in five children in the US is poor; one in ten senior citizens is poor. Source: US Census Bureau."

The Class War

It is very sad that some, no matter what is presented, cannot tell conspiracy from reality.... Either they are really stupid and incapable of personal higher cognitive function, or are true blue enemy subversives of God and the Republic...

I laid out a clear cut pattern in the presentation of real topics and events outlined in the articles. I guess they are all imaginary in some depraved minds.... Some can be helped and some were just born that way.... They do not have the wisdom to know the difference.....

Great post by the way....

Here is more on the China scourge...

Lang Lang Chinese Pianist Plays Anti-American Song at US State Dinner

Lang Lang Chinese Pianist Plays Anti-American Song at US State Dinner | Maggie's Notebook

O.K., Japan Isn't Taking Over the World. But China...

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/03/weekinreview/03port.html?_r=1

China taking over US banks

China taking over US banks

Wal-Mart, the US retailer taking over the world by stealth

An investigation of five factories supplying Wal-Mart by China Labour Watch found "illegal and degrading conditions" according to a report released in November by the New York-based human rights group.

Wal-Mart: the US retailer taking over the world by stealth | Business | The Guardian

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrFvRn2zf5s&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back