The Greatest Economy of all Time Needs... QE4...

The Fed is using temporary operations to tamp down any possible wild moves, while purchasing Treasury bills to build up reserves in the banking system. It hopes that by buying Treasury bills, the central bank will be able to cut back on repo interventions at the start of next year.

The FED is is expanding its balance sheet by more than $60B a month for 6 months, QE. So you are wrong when you say they are "selling the bonds back"

And no it is not in your Fed link, explain to us the difference between an OMO and QE.
you have yet to do this, because you can't.
And provide a link that says QE is defined by where our interest rates are, you are avoinding my questions.

So yes, one day liquidity is reversed when the Fed sells the bonds back?
And they are not selling the bonds back, they are:

In early October, the Fed also said it would start expanding its balance sheet again via around $60 billion a month in Treasury bill purchases, hoping the addition of permanent liquidity would allow it to back away from large temporary interventions.

So thank you for just proving my point and showing you are wrong. I have pointed this out to you 100 times and you keep ignoring it because you can't admit you are wrong.

Now explain to us the difference between an OMO and QE, which you can't seem to be able to do...

And they are not selling the bonds back,

Not selling back the bonds in one day? Then what did one-day liquidity mean?
It means they are expanding their balance sheet by $60B a month for 6+ months like the WSJ article says. THANK YOU!!!! Game set match

Now explain to us the difference between an OMO, and QE.

(Look at how much I am teaching you here, that's what I do I teach the ignorant, now you know what QE is and the difference between QE and Repos, and soon you will know the difference between OMO and QE, which you don't know)

Did you see the difference at my link or not?

Now, about that overnight repo...…...

the facts hurt don't they

693-0706094850-derivatives-time-bomb.jpg

what does printing of money mean?
it means the creation of valuation out of thin air

Banks should be self funded

i think i need a tissue Azog....

read enough right there, thx

~S~

Do derivatives scare you? Why?

Do not give me the Google definition. I already told you that QE is printing of $$$. So you disagree. Let’s address this first.
I knew you wouldn't answer me, because you can't. You have no class. I didn't give the google answer:

It basically lets you compare the efficiency of the firm with its competitors or peers across regions.

Take for example tax rate. Each country has a different corporate tax rate which affect the firm's net profit. Removing the tax item would lead you to knowing their gross margins and compare cost efficiency in terms of materials or labor. From that you could tell the operating efficiency where overseas operations would likely see benefit in regions with lower tax rates etc. Do the same with interest as they vary etc. It takes out variable factors in earnings and lets you normalize earnings to compare them. Stupid question.

I didn't ask you what QE is, can you read? Answer these questions, which I know you can't because you have no clue about anything that I am asking.

1) Please explain to others the difference between QE and the repo market intervention.
2) Is QE defined by where our interest rates are or by the act of purchasing government bonds and assets with newly created money, and if we purchase gov bonds with newly created money and have interest rates at 1.5% is that still QE?
3) Please explain the difference between open market operations and QE, as QE is a form of open market operations
4) are we doing QE again?
Do you agree or disagree that QE is the printing of money? Doesn’t matter because it is. QE would lead to hyper inflation except that the world is dependent on the USD. What other currencies would people rather invest in? Yen? EURO? LOL so we can just print monies without repercussions.

EBITDA is used as a measure not stick for debt service coverage and for leverage and for EV. It is a critical component for all go banking. You just gave a Google def. What bank do you work for? I am in Boston so I ll know if you’re lying.
Maybe you should reread what you just said, it makes no sense.

I never asked what QE is, that is simple basic stuff. I asked:
1) Please explain to others the difference between QE and the repo market intervention.
2) Is QE defined by where our interest rates are or by the act of purchasing government bonds and assets with newly created money, and if we purchase gov bonds with newly created money and have interest rates at 1.5% is that still QE?
3) Please explain the difference between open market operations and QE, as QE is a form of open market operations

I am the Bank, I go to war with the banks, and I beat them at their own game. Otherwise I'd be homeless and broke.
QE is the printing of money. Agree or disagree? Answer the question.
in your exact definition, no it is more complicated than "printing of money"

what does printing of money mean? Starting the money presses and making more money, they do that everyday at the mints.

QE is using the Federal Reserve's trade desk to buy pre determined amounts (important) of government bonds and assets (usually longer term, but in this new QE4 they are shorter term) from other commercial banks with money that it creates, increasing the money supply and adding liquidity.

answer my questions.

QE is using the Federal Reserve's trade desk to buy pre determined amounts (important) of government bonds and assets

Fascinating!

When did they start the first ever QE?

The economy is booming!!! As the Trumpers like to say, even though the economic data is practically the same as Obama's and the deficit has exploded again, almost doubling Obama's 2016 annual deficit of $587 to over $1 Trillion, with deficits projected to be way over $1 T next yr and beyond.

But that massive increase in deficit spending is not enough to prop up our fiat economy we also need another round of QE!!!

We all heard the Trumpers whine and cry about QE under Obama, but I'm sure 99% of them won't cry now...

Now why would the greatest economy of all time need quantitative easing, on top of all the increase in deficit spending?

The FED was supposed to be reducing its balance sheet instead it is greatly expanding it to the tune of hundreds of Billions. They also expect QE4 to last at least until Q2 of next year.

If you took away Trump's massive deficit spending and this latest QE 4 we would be in recession.

You do realize we will have to pay for this some day right??

Now we see why trump had to declare bankruptcy so many times...

But hey we've got a "booming economy" don't we!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Fed Pumps $70.1 Billion in One-Day Liquidity Into Financial Markets
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4295640-hello-qe4-and-damage-brings

Gotta love those leftist experts...

upload_2019-12-6_18-15-55.png

The Fed is using temporary operations to tamp down any possible wild moves, while purchasing Treasury bills to build up reserves in the banking system. It hopes that by buying Treasury bills, the central bank will be able to cut back on repo interventions at the start of next year.

The FED is is expanding its balance sheet by more than $60B a month for 6 months, QE. So you are wrong when you say they are "selling the bonds back"

And no it is not in your Fed link, explain to us the difference between an OMO and QE.
you have yet to do this, because you can't.
And provide a link that says QE is defined by where our interest rates are, you are avoinding my questions.

In early October, the Fed also said it would start expanding its balance sheet again via around $60 billion a month in Treasury bill purchases, hoping the addition of permanent liquidity would allow it to back away from large temporary interventions.

So thank you for just proving my point and showing you are wrong. I have pointed this out to you 100 times and you keep ignoring it because you can't admit you are wrong.

Now explain to us the difference between an OMO and QE, which you can't seem to be able to do...

It means they are expanding their balance sheet by $60B a month for 6+ months like the WSJ article says. THANK YOU!!!! Game set match

(Look at how much I am teaching you here, that's what I do I teach the ignorant, now you know what QE is and the difference between QE and Repos, and soon you will know the difference between OMO and QE, which you don't know)

No, explain the difference between OMO and QE. Why are you avoiding the question? Seems like you don't know the answer.

No, explain the difference between OMO and QE. Why are you avoiding the question? Seems like you don't know the answer.

No, explain the difference between OMO and QE.

Did you see how the Fed described OMO?

Are you stupid?

I mean dumber than you already showed with your 300% claim and your
confusion about repos?

Seems like you don't know the answer.

If you don't like my Fed link, feel free to post a better one.

Are you stupid?

confusion about repos?

I don't see it, I know what the answer is because I know the Fed is doing QE4. I am asking you what the difference is. You can't answer the question. It's a simple question either answer it or admit defeat.

Are you stupid?

confusion about repos?

I don't see it, I know what the answer is because I know the Fed is doing QE4. I am asking you what the difference is. You can't answer the question. It's a simple question either answer it or admit defeat.

I don't see it,

That's weird.
Do they call OMO.....quantitative easing?

I know what the answer is because I know the Fed is doing QE4.

The Fed has been around since 1913.....they've only bought assets 4 times?
When was the first time?

I told you the whole time this was QE4, and you said it wasn't.

Fed Pumps $70.1 Billion in One-Day Liquidity Into Financial Markets

Exactly. You thought your first link, about repos, was QE. Idiot.

You said they are "selling the bonds back"

Yes, you fucktard, that's what a repo means.

are you ready to admit that we are doing QE4???

QE is when they can't cut rates any further.....and have to buy assets.
Like the ECB. Remember negative rates? Another gem from you. LOL!
Are we bumping up against zero rates?
Really Village Idiot,
Did you even read my "first link" Obviously not, I don't think you have ever read the WSJ. Directly from my first link:

If you would have read my first link then you would have known that we are doing QE, then you wouldn't look so stupid now.

They're selling the bonds back!!!

You dumb fuck, no they are not. QE, the FED buys treasury bonds or assets with newly "created" money. They don't sell that back, those bonds are on the FEDs balance sheet, hence they expand their balance sheet. The repo market is a cash market, cash to cash, not treasury bonds moron. You still don't understand the difference between QE and the repos. That's why you had no clue we were doing QE4.

What the fuck are you talking about???? QE is when the central banks buy treasury bonds or other assets. It has nothing to do with interest rates. You dumb Village Idiot. You have said literally like 5 completely false and wrong statements. Again you have proven yourself a total fool. Republicans are totally clueless, you literally have no clue what the fuck you are talking about! Now you are trying to backtrack to avoid looking even dumber.

They're selling the bonds back!! AHAHA!!! QE is when they can't cut rates any further. Village Idiot, just stop you are totally overmatched.

Quantitative easing (QE), also known as large-scale asset purchases, is a monetary policy whereby a central bankbuys predetermined amounts of government bonds or other financial assets in order to inject liquidity directly into the economy.[1]

The Fed is using temporary operations to tamp down any possible wild moves

Like overnight repos?

The repo market is a cash market, cash to cash, not treasury bonds moron.

The Fed buys cash with cash.....just stop. Idiot.

QE is when the central banks buy treasury bonds or other assets.

The first time the Fed ever, ever bought assets was after 2008? DURR.

QE is when the central banks buy treasury bonds or other assets. It has nothing to do with interest rates.

Where were you a banker? Was it during a game of Monopoly?

View attachment 293495

Where did I say they buy cash w cash, in the Repo market, they lend cash and get paid back with cash, QE is when they buy treasury bonds with cash, You said they are "buying the bonds back" when that is 100% false and shows your stupidity and lack of understanding of all this. Again you have no clue the difference between the repo market and QE.

Completely false. QE is when they buy bonds or assets, exactly what they are doing now, which you don't seem to understand. If interest rates are at 1.5% and they buy assets/bonds then it is QE.

So again are we doing QE or not? Because you have repeatedly said we are not, when we are.

Village Idiot, you have made maybe 10 completely wrong and false statements in this thread. And now you are trying to somehow backtrack away from all your wrong statements.

Where did I say they buy cash w cash, in the Repo market, they lend cash and get paid back with cash,

Of course repurchase agreements lend cash and get repaid in cash. Just what is it you think is being purchased and sold in a REPURCHASE agreement? Bonds. Usually, but not always, Treasury bonds, notes or bills.

QE is when they buy bonds or assets,

Nope.

View attachment 293532

Federal Reserve Board - Open market operations

Did you get fired from your "banker" job for incompetence? Or was it fraud?
Freakin village idiot, here you go again with more misstatements.

You said this:

They sell the bonds back.

No they don't The Fed is buying treasuries and keeping them on their balance sheet, hence the balance sheet expansion and increase in the money supply, which falls under QE, so i guess you just confirmed that you don't know the difference between a Repo and QE.

Then you tried to say that it wasn't QE because we don't have zero interest rates???
You stupidly said this:

What does that even mean that QE is defined by where our interest rates are???? Stupidity and completely false. You have no clue what you are talking about and this stupid and false statement proves it.

Now you are trying to say they are just doing open market operations??? Now you have just dug yourself into a bigger hole. SOoooooo explain to us the difference between an OMO and QE, in which you will then realize that we are doing QE, because QE is an OMO, and is exactly what we are doing right now. AHAHAHAH!!! So let's here it Village idiot...

Yep, he’s in over his head.
, but 99% of Americans couldn’t explain what QE is, let alone how it has inflated asset prices and screwed the lower and middle class savers.

Really Village Idiot,
Did you even read my "first link" Obviously not, I don't think you have ever read the WSJ. Directly from my first link:

If you would have read my first link then you would have known that we are doing QE, then you wouldn't look so stupid now.

They're selling the bonds back!!!

You dumb fuck, no they are not. QE, the FED buys treasury bonds or assets with newly "created" money. They don't sell that back, those bonds are on the FEDs balance sheet, hence they expand their balance sheet. The repo market is a cash market, cash to cash, not treasury bonds moron. You still don't understand the difference between QE and the repos. That's why you had no clue we were doing QE4.

What the fuck are you talking about???? QE is when the central banks buy treasury bonds or other assets. It has nothing to do with interest rates. You dumb Village Idiot. You have said literally like 5 completely false and wrong statements. Again you have proven yourself a total fool. Republicans are totally clueless, you literally have no clue what the fuck you are talking about! Now you are trying to backtrack to avoid looking even dumber.

They're selling the bonds back!! AHAHA!!! QE is when they can't cut rates any further. Village Idiot, just stop you are totally overmatched.

Quantitative easing (QE), also known as large-scale asset purchases, is a monetary policy whereby a central bankbuys predetermined amounts of government bonds or other financial assets in order to inject liquidity directly into the economy.[1]

Like overnight repos?

QE is when the central banks buy treasury bonds or other assets. It has nothing to do with interest rates.

View attachment 293495

Where did I say they buy cash w cash, in the Repo market, they lend cash and get paid back with cash, QE is when they buy treasury bonds with cash, You said they are "buying the bonds back" when that is 100% false and shows your stupidity and lack of understanding of all this. Again you have no clue the difference between the repo market and QE.

Completely false. QE is when they buy bonds or assets, exactly what they are doing now, which you don't seem to understand. If interest rates are at 1.5% and they buy assets/bonds then it is QE.

So again are we doing QE or not? Because you have repeatedly said we are not, when we are.

Village Idiot, you have made maybe 10 completely wrong and false statements in this thread. And now you are trying to somehow backtrack away from all your wrong statements.

Where did I say they buy cash w cash, in the Repo market, they lend cash and get paid back with cash,

Of course repurchase agreements lend cash and get repaid in cash. Just what is it you think is being purchased and sold in a REPURCHASE agreement? Bonds. Usually, but not always, Treasury bonds, notes or bills.

Nope.

View attachment 293532

You said this:

No they don't The Fed is buying treasuries and keeping them on their balance sheet, hence the balance sheet expansion and increase in the money supply, which falls under QE, so i guess you just confirmed that you don't know the difference between a Repo and QE.

Then you tried to say that it wasn't QE because we don't have zero interest rates???
You stupidly said this:

What does that even mean that QE is defined by where our interest rates are???? Stupidity and completely false. You have no clue what you are talking about and this stupid and false statement proves it.

Now you are trying to say they are just doing open market operations??? Now you have just dug yourself into a bigger hole. SOoooooo explain to us the difference between an OMO and QE, in which you will then realize that we are doing QE, because QE is an OMO, and is exactly what we are doing right now. AHAHAHAH!!! So let's here it Village idiot...

, but 99% of Americans couldn’t explain what QE is, let alone how it has inflated asset prices and screwed the lower and middle class savers.
Yeah pretty much.

Like overnight repos?

View attachment 293495

Nope.

View attachment 293532

You said this:

You stupidly said this:

Yeah pretty much.

Pussy.

Question for you as you seem to have some clue about economics and finance.

I am just asking to help clear up the confusion because some people on here that have no clue about any of those things

Of course it's a bailout. I actually explained what's going on now rather thoroughly in another thread around here some place recently. To the best of my ability anyway. I'll have to try to look for it. I get kind of tired of repeating myself on here because I feel like it's just a waste of time. Most public debate is usually just a bunch of partisan mumbo jumbo, unfortunately.

Economy is so good today and with new job numbers that came out, it's time for media to remind us again who got Bin Laden.

99% of Americans couldn’t explain what QE is, let alone how it has inflated asset prices and screwed the lower and middle class savers.

There was an article from the St. Louis Fed this week saying they're gonna let inflation run hotter. Which is already happening anyway. So I thought that was kind of humorous. They know what's coming. So it makes perfect sense for them to kind of front like it's smething they have control over. They control the printing press but certainly not the future. The market will naturally decide the future. Not the Fed. Not the government. Sadly, the electorate, for the most part, does not know what's coming. The electorate is buying into the market distortion that the media and politicians are pawning off as a good economy when what we really have is precisely the opposite. And that's unfortunate. The middle class is still shrinking. People are still under paid. People are still on the streets. And the dollar has lost 96% of its value, Americans have very, very little purchasing power.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back