Zone1 The Great False Equivalence of Black Racism

You validated my very eloquent posts here. You prove how racist you really are.
Nice try.
IM2, I do believe you are your own worst enemy when it comes to getting a point across.

Racists come in all colors, and a person is lying if they deny that simple fact.
I know you would like to believe this simple minded assessment, but ignoring what people of color have faced to claim racism is disingenuous. There is also a psychological impact that gets ignored. I don't say these things to excuse the behavior, I say them so we can begin understanding exactly what systemic racism has caused.

Nice try.

I know you would like to believe this simple minded assessment, but ignoring what people of color have faced to claim racism is disingenuous. There is also a psychological impact that gets ignored. I don't say these things to excuse the behavior, I say them so we can begin understanding exactly what systemic racism has caused.
Do you believe there are witches? Or Boogey men? You have a vivid imagination pal.

Nice try.

Racism is racism, IM2. You can try and convolute it all you want, but....it's racism.

Racism is racism, IM2. You can try and convolute it all you want, but....it's racism.
Meister you can ignore all the factors you want to try coming to your simple minded conclusion, but that doesn't change the reality that such factors exist and until those like you begin to understand that such an assessment ignores the effects of what has been done and continues going on, the problem can't be solved.

Do you believe there are witches? Or Boogey men? You have a vivid imagination pal.
No, but I believe what proofessionals in the firlds of psychology, medicine and sociology say about the impact of racism on people of color. And until you actually face it instead of being a participant, you will ignore the reaal damage created.

Meister you can ignore all the factors you want to try coming to your simple minded conclusion, but that doesn't change the reality that such factors exist and until those like you begin to understand that such an assessment ignores the effects of what has been done and continues going on, the problem can't be solved.
:rolleyes-41: there’s none so blind as those who will not see.

You are no better than those you go after.
enjoy your thread, IM2

Lol!
:rolleyes-41: there’s none so blind as those who will not see.

You are no better than those you go after.
enjoy your thread, IM2
You need to learn that just because you're white with an opinion that you're not the authority. I study this. I was paid as a professional to work on issues created by white racism and have written a book about racism. You're just a 72 year old right wing online loudmouth spewing baseless opinions. You are the blind one. What I say is backed with loads of study plus life experience. Yours is more than likely based on listening to white right wing loudmouths and a couple of sellouts.

“It would neither be true or honest to say that the Negrosproblem is what it is because he is innately inferior orbecause he is basically lazy and listless or because he hasnot lifted himself by his own bootstraps. To find the originsof the Negro problem we must turn to the white man’s problem.”-Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

Dr. King said this about 60 years ago. Before him, W.E.B. Dubois said the same thing in response to Fredrick Hoffmans theory of inherent black violence over 100 years ago. This is how long whites such as yourself have been obtuse to the role white racism plays relative to black anger, or how in modern times, how the reaction to white racism is called racism.

The everybody can be racist line ignores the ways whites have enforced or maintained racism. Robert Jones has nailed it:

“From its inception, the country’s legal foundations, political architecture, and civic fabric were designed to privilege the well-being of those who declared themselves white at the expense of Native Americans, African Americans, and other people of color. Generation after generation, as the baldest tactics were challenged, white America creatively renewed and reworked this pact to protect ourselves from political disempowerment, economic uncertainty, legal jeopardy, and physical violence. When the weight of the blood spilled by over 750,000 Americans shattered outright slavery, white America picked up the shards, fashioning them into a ramshackle but effective system of sharecropping, lynching, convict leasing, segregationist Jim Crow laws, restrictive immigration policies, appeals to “states’ rights,” voter suppression, and mass incarceration.”

Siting on your --- calling somebody a racist for challenging racism ain't going to cut it, and neither is your racism comes in all colors jibberish, because it's not that simple. We ain't waiting for anything Meister, so you're either part of the solution, or shut up and move out of the way.

I agree that you may have psychological problems. That would explain your 8 years of posting the exact same message. Have you ever seen a counselor about your issues?

A false equivalence or false equivalency is an informal fallacy in which an equivalence is drawn between two subjects based on flawed or false reasoning. This fallacy is categorized as a fallacy of inconsistency. Colloquially, a false equivalence is often called "comparing apples and oranges."

This fallacy is committed when one shared trait between two subjects is assumed to show equivalence, especially in order of magnitude, when equivalence is not necessarily the logical result. False equivalence is a common result when an anecdotal similarity is pointed out as equal, but the claim of equivalence does not bear scrutiny because the similarity is based on oversimplification or ignorance of additional factors. The pattern of the fallacy is often as such:

I use this to debate the claims of black racism being argued primarily by the right, but it also applies to any other non white group.

When it comes to issues of race and racism the use of false equivalences are prevalent in modern American society. The right wing chattering class has convinced their listeners that if someone black calls a white person white, that it is equal to using the n word and the over 240 years of derogatory comments/actions/laws/policies made by whites to deny equal rights and opportunity not only blacks, but to people of color in general.

In 1954, Gordon Alpert developed a theory of prejudice based on what is called contact hypothesis. To paraphrase what I learned in a very simple way is that prejudice comes from applying a broad brush to describe or stereotype an entire group of people based on a lack of information about that particular group. In America, we have information that shows 400 years of white racism. Given the record of racism by whites, we just cannot assume there are no whites who are racists. Blacks get called racists because we recognize American history’s information. Are we supposed to instinctively know which white person is a racist and which one is not? How do we identify this?

Irwin Katz, (1991). Gordon Allport’s “The Nature of Prejudice.” Political Psychology, 12(1), 125–157.https://doi.org/10.2307/3791349

The great false equivalence of black racism ignores the fact that you just can't substitute the word black for white and make things the same. The major problem with this opinion is that for the claim to be true or valid whites and blacks must have the same history. This has not been the case, whites have a history of oppressing people because they are not white, we have a history of being oppressed by whites. Therefore you can't just exchange the words white and black like everything has been the same. Then to expect that there will be no resentment from those who have faced white racism while whites can resent the fact that government made equal opportunity policies?
1702060671314.png

And this is the problem in talking about race with members of the white right wing. They refuse to be held accountable but want everyone else to hold themselves accountable. This is not about saying ther are no black racists, it is about saying what causes blacks or other non white groups to dislike white people. Whites aren't disliked just because they are white, but this is how members of the American right think. And they think this way while still practicing racism.

So let's look at this again.

In 1954, Gordon Alpert developed a theory of prejudice based on what is called contact hypothesis. To paraphrase what I learned in a very simple way is that prejudice comes from applying a broad brush to describe or stereotype an entire group of people based on a lack of information about that particular group.

What is white racism based on? Old time racism was based on a set of assumption by whites based on limited interactions with non whitre people. Modern racism is based on a set on untrue assumptions by a particular segment of whites based upon the same lack of information about non white people.

What is black/non white racism based on? Despite the finest howls of victimhood from right wing whites, black racism or other forms of non white racism comes from the treatment of non whites by whites. And stop pretending that because there are no labeled fountains or bathroom signs that whites aren't practicing racism now, or that whites do not exist with the same racist attitudes of 200 years ago.

Now you can be disingenuous and try making this the same all you want, but it's not. And you can holler all day about how racism comes in all colors. But until the whites who still practice racism stop pointng fingers at everybody else, stop making false equivalence, stop the whataboutism and whining about how they aren't responsible, or how all that was in the past when the evidence in this forum alone shows that is not the case, and take responsibility for their behavior, then racism will continue to be a problem.

A false equivalence or false equivalency is an informal fallacy in which an equivalence is drawn between two subjects based on flawed or false reasoning. This fallacy is categorized as a fallacy of inconsistency. Colloquially, a false equivalence is often called "comparing apples and oranges."

This fallacy is committed when one shared trait between two subjects is assumed to show equivalence, especially in order of magnitude, when equivalence is not necessarily the logical result. False equivalence is a common result when an anecdotal similarity is pointed out as equal, but the claim of equivalence does not bear scrutiny because the similarity is based on oversimplification or ignorance of additional factors. The pattern of the fallacy is often as such:

I use this to debate the claims of black racism being argued primarily by the right, but it also applies to any other non white group.

When it comes to issues of race and racism the use of false equivalences are prevalent in modern American society. The right wing chattering class has convinced their listeners that if someone black calls a white person white, that it is equal to using the n word and the over 240 years of derogatory comments/actions/laws/policies made by whites to deny equal rights and opportunity not only blacks, but to people of color in general.

In 1954, Gordon Alpert developed a theory of prejudice based on what is called contact hypothesis. To paraphrase what I learned in a very simple way is that prejudice comes from applying a broad brush to describe or stereotype an entire group of people based on a lack of information about that particular group. In America, we have information that shows 400 years of white racism. Given the record of racism by whites, we just cannot assume there are no whites who are racists. Blacks get called racists because we recognize American history’s information. Are we supposed to instinctively know which white person is a racist and which one is not? How do we identify this?

Irwin Katz, (1991). Gordon Allport’s “The Nature of Prejudice.” Political Psychology, 12(1), 125–157.https://doi.org/10.2307/3791349

The great false equivalence of black racism ignores the fact that you just can't substitute the word black for white and make things the same. The major problem with this opinion is that for the claim to be true or valid whites and blacks must have the same history. This has not been the case, whites have a history of oppressing people because they are not white, we have a history of being oppressed by whites. Therefore you can't just exchange the words white and black like everything has been the same. Then to expect that there will be no resentment from those who have faced white racism while whites can resent the fact that government made equal opportunity policies?
THose same people also abuse whites too. It isn't race it is power and pride.
You strengthen your enemy by such silly arguing.
Many of those people just plain abuse other people. You take it for race but that is you not seeing what is in front of you

Some people are misanthropic bastards ,they have no race or gender or nationaliy restrictions on just plain getting their own way

THose same people also abuse whites too. It isn't race it is power and pride.
You strengthen your enemy by such silly arguing.
Many of those people just plain abuse other people. You take it for race but that is you not seeing what is in front of you

Some people are misanthropic bastards ,they have no race or gender or nationaliy restrictions on just plain getting their own way
No I don't. Your argument ignores legislation at every level that gave whites power while excluding people of color. When you show me the same history of legislation created by blacks, then we can talk about black racism,. Right now whats called black racism is the angry response to the racism whites impose on us.

No I don't. Your argument ignores legislation at every level that gave whites power while excluding people of color. When you show me the same history of legislation created by blacks, then we can talk about black racism,. Right now whats called black racism is the angry response to the racism whites impose on us.
History….you confuse it constantly with present day. Move on

In 1954, Gordon Alpert developed a theory of prejudice based on what is called contact hypothesis. To paraphrase what I learned in a very simple way is that prejudice comes from applying a broad brush to describe or stereotype an entire group of people based on a lack of information about that particular group. In America, we have information that shows 400 years of white racism.

I would say that prejudice is the result of previous experience, and that stereotypes are over generalizations of what is really true. There is no stereotype of a fat Chinese woman on welfare with five illegitimate children by five different men. There is no stereotype of a lazy stupid Jewish man with several felony convictions, and several illegitimate children he does nothing to support.

Forum List

Back