The Great Abortion Compromise!

outlaw abortion, expect for cases where the mother's life was endangered....

define endangered

a circumstance where the physical health of the mother risks death in bringing the child to term.

In this you can probably argue that a csection can be performed and so this is never applicable.. I listen to bill oreilly too. Im fine with this.

Are you fine with a rape victim who is pregnant from her attacker qualifying for the morning after pill in order to keep the zygote from her attacker rom becoming a life long reminder of the horrer ofher rape?

give and take.

extend a hand to grasp an extended hand.

I'm not judging your opinion and I ask that you do the same.

know what I mean?

If I wanted to kill you and you wanted to stay alive, how would we compromise on that?

You've cut to the chase---ya can't cut the baby in half. If pro-abortion folks would consent to outlawing abortion, what would they demand as fair compensation for the concession?

If I wanted to kill you and you wanted to stay alive, how would we compromise on that?

is my life in any way shape or form affecting you or your life whatsoever? can you say the same thing about an unwanted pregnancy? I feel your aggression. Again, if you are not interested in a solution that doesn't mimick your own opinion then ill thank you when you spare this thread from the apparent vitriol that seems to be aimed my way.

Or stick around and be the pure example of why polarized politics is a wasted effort. Your choice.

You've cut to the chase---ya can't cut the baby in half. If pro-abortion folks would consent to outlawing abortion, what would they demand as fair compensation for the concession?

I guess that is a question that youll get to ask if you decide to step up and compromise instead of wave the team jersey around...

again, if you cannot be considerate then why should anyone conider you?

I guess that is a question that youll get to ask if you decide to step up and compromise instead of wave the team jersey around...

again, if you cannot be considerate then why should anyone conider you?

I'm stepped up without a jersey ,Mr Referee. There's no hostility in the questions you are being asked about your compromise. People just want to hear if you have anything new to offer to an now ancient debate.

well .... if he can't speak for himself .... which a fetus can't .... then you would get to kill him

If I am in no way shape or form a burden on his life like a pregancy unquestionably is then how does his proposition even become valid?

is a zygote a fetus?

Do you expect to force people to ignore their beliefs when you would not want to be forced from your own beliefs? Is it better to win temporary victory through hostile inconsideration or from common mutual consideration?

again. if you are simply unwilling to consider a compomise then this thread is not for you.

however, I Thank you for your input.

"Because the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you, that you may make atonement with it upon the altar for your souls, and the blood may be for an expiation of the soul."
Leviticus 17:11

The Bible states in many more verses that the blood is life and that life is in the blood. Blood does not form in the body of a baby until several days after conception. I believe this when the "soul" "takes shape" as well. I'm not contradicting you, just backing you up with verse. :thup:

The life of the FLESH is in the blood. But when does the SOUL enter? And it would be very difficult to pinpoint the exact moment that blood was formed. It's a process. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
I'm stepped up without a jersey ,Mr Referee. There's no hostility in the questions you are being asked about your compromise. People just want to hear if you have anything new to offer to an now ancient debate.

not MY compromise.

OUR compromise. I am perfectly willing to allow the same consideration that I am given. if nothing else, THAT IS CERTAINLY NEW TO THIS ANCIENT DEBATE, yes?

Would you rather win a ban on abortion for a single decade knowing that the pendelum WILL swing the other way and WILL strip away your temporary reprieve or would you rather find a solution that MOST can walk away from feeling mutually gratified in the solution? Perhaps the compromise can be the total ban of abortion... but you will never know unless you are willing to consider more than your own position, yes?

can you be considerate of those who have an opinion different than yours? if so, welcome. If not, then i guess you can go back to the trench and wait for that swinging pendelum.

either way, thank you for your input.

not MY compromise.

OUR compromise. I am perfectly willing to allow the same consideration that I am given. if nothing else, THAT IS CERTAINLY NEW TO THIS ANCIENT DEBATE, yes?

Would you rather win a ban on abortion for a single decade knowing that the pendelum WILL swing the other way and WILL strip away your temporary reprieve or would you rather find a solution that MOST can walk away from feeling mutually gratified in the solution? Perhaps the compromise can be the total ban of abortion... but you will never know unless you are willing to consider more than your own position, yes?

can you be considerate of those who have an opinion different than yours? if so, welcome. If not, then i guess you can go back to the trench and wait for that swinging pendelum.

Where have I not been considerate of the pro-abortion stance ? If you cannot show me then you have failed as as unbiased arbiter.

Thanks for your input tho !

Let's not get all hung up on who is and isn't being considerate... it's stalling out the original point of this thread.

I happen to agree, more or less, with the idea of a heart beat constituting life. Certainly the lack of it constitutes death, from a legal standpoint, at least.

not MY compromise.

No, actually, it's your compromise. The US has the most liberal abortion laws in the world, you are in the position of strength but you have everything to lose.

Yeppers, I'm a believer in the Roe Effect, warts and all.

ANY restriction on abortion is a "win".

So you think it's going down over in SCOTUS?

What comes around, goes around, but it took over thirty years. I want the overturn on Roe v. Wade and have "choice" on the ballot. Compromising enough?

is my life in any way shape or form affecting you or your life whatsoever? can you say the same thing about an unwanted pregnancy? I feel your aggression. Again, if you are not interested in a solution that doesn't mimick your own opinion then ill thank you when you spare this thread from the apparent vitriol that seems to be aimed my way.

Or stick around and be the pure example of why polarized politics is a wasted effort. Your choice.

Too bad you don't like my position. On some things there is NO compromise. In America we vote on things to settle matters....we do not have to compromise on anything. Don't attempt to dismiss me with your accusatory liberal putdowns....they won't work.

If you are so concerned about womens' "choice", why not concentrate instead on womens' choice to bed with a man? Concentrate on the possible outcomes of such actions. Concentrate on responsibility. Or are they not "women" enough to stand up for the consequences of their actions? Why must a human life be snuffed out to accomodate an irresponsible woman's "choice"?

The life of the FLESH is in the blood. But when does the SOUL enter? And it would be very difficult to pinpoint the exact moment that blood was formed. It's a process. :)

While opinions formed from the bible are as valid as any other even THAT source will cause multiple opinions to form on any given issue. Some might read the OT and walk away thinking that, in fact, the god of moses doesnt care about the death of children when the cause is righteous. Did the god of moses not kill an entire generation of egyptian first born? Did the god of elisha not answer the curse of a chastised bald man and kill forty and two children?

but lets not focus on the old covenant.. lets remember who said this:

“All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them.” is

Too bad you don't like my position. On some things there is NO compromise. In America we vote on things to settle matters....we do not have to compromise on anything. Don't attempt to dismiss me with your accusatory liberal putdowns....they won't work.

If you are so concerned about womens' "choice", why not concentrate instead on womens' choice to bed with a man? Concentrate on the possible outcomes of such actions. Concentrate on responsibility. Or are they not "women" enough to stand up for the consequences of their actions? Why must a human life be snuffed out to accomodate an irresponsible woman's "choice"?
Thank God it's not an irresponsible man's "choice!"

Where have I not been considerate of the pro-abortion stance ? If you cannot show me then you have failed as as unbiased arbiter.

Thanks for your input tho !

Please accept my apology. I did not mean to accuse you of being inconsiderate by saying "can you".

perhaps I should have asked "WILL YOU"? I am not trying to judge you or your position. I am looking for those who would enjoy a common united ground rather than a polarized hate fest. Of course this thread can be bird-shotted into nothing more than a brief sigh on this messageboard.. and if so, then I guess ill have my answer regarding where we are as a nation.

also, i am not an arbiter. I am testing an ideal. So far i am not optimistic.

Please accept my apology. I did not mean to accuse you of being inconsiderate by saying "can you".

perhaps I should have asked "WILL YOU"? I am not trying to judge you or your position. I am looking for those who would enjoy a common united ground rather than a polarized hate fest. Of course this thread can be bird-shotted into nothing more than a brief sigh on this messageboard.. and if so, then I guess ill have my answer regarding where we are as a nation.

also, i am not an arbiter. I am testing an ideal. So far i am not optimistic.

I respect your attempt at finding common ground and wish you the best of luck. We are a polarized country--perhaps everyone has compromised thier beliefs to an extent where if they compromise them any further they will have to completely abandon thier causes.

Forum List

Back