The Great Abortion Compromise!

The ban was struck down. And it's not real hard to explain. The religious right is a very powerful group and they wanted it.

So it being struck down means the secular progressive left MORE powerful. And DO try to get out from behind your liberal blinders. The religious right don't control anything. Liberal propaganda, nothing more.

Anyone who calls him/herself a human being should be against partial birth abortion except for reasons fo medical necessity.

Guess you're not so moderate as you like to think or claim.:beer:

So it being struck down means the secular progressive left MORE powerful. And DO try to get out from behind your liberal blinders. The religious right don't control anything. Liberal propaganda, nothing more.

Anyone who calls him/herself a human being should be against partial birth abortion except for reasons fo medical necessity.

I'm betting Jillian even is told that she has to dress appropriately in certain work situations. Damn Christians !!:bong420:

No offense, but they are as powerful a lobby as doctors and insurance companies. Just a fact of life.

I think that's a given. I just don't happen to believe any ethical physician would perform a D&E except in extreme situations. And let's go back to language... there is no medical procedure called a partial birth abortion. That's a made up term.

How so? Because I don't believe the procedure is being performed willy nilly just because someone asks for it?

No offense, but they are as powerful a lobby as doctors and insurance companies. Just a fact of life.

I think that's a given. I just don't happen to believe any ethical physician would perform a D&E except in extreme situations. And let's go back to language... there is no medical procedure called a partial birth abortion. That's a made up term.

How so? Because I don't believe the procedure is being performed willy nilly just because someone asks for it?

naaaaaaa---its that radical right wing Christian group that's just making you SEEM like a heavy duty lefty. In fact if we could get rid of them all you would probably even look conservative.

Here's that the "pioneer" of this technique said back in 1992:

Among its advantages are that it is a quick, surgical outpatient method that can be performed on a scheduled basis under local anesthesia

Among its disadvantages are that it requires a high degree of surgical skill, and may not be appropriate for a few patients.

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/SFL/partial-birth_abortion.htm

Not much moral equivalence there, huh? He's stopped doing pba's altogether, Tiller and Cathert still do them.

No other country in the world except this one.

1) He's not my precious anything. He was initially used by a pro-life site.
2) Which last sentence? There are a couple you could be referring to. Neither of the ones I read seemed tantamount to abortion on demand.

1) Dr. Hearn belives in abortion on demand. Thats his website.

2) This:

Occasionally a woman presents at this stage for pregnancy termination because of her own severe medical illness or a psychiatric indication.

A "psychiatric indication", aka, "the health of the mother".

Here's that the "pioneer" of this technique said back in 1992:

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/SFL/partial-birth_abortion.htm

Not much moral equivalence there, huh? He's stopped doing pba's altogether, Tiller and Cathert still do them.

No other country in the world except this one.

1) Dr. Hearn belives in abortion on demand. Thats his website.

2) This:

A "psychiatric indication", aka, "the health of the mother".

IOW it doesn't say what you said it did.
What is your definition of abortion on demand

BUT that dont make this any lesser of an evil
IOW it doesn't say what you said it did.
What is your definition of abortion on demand

Roe v. Wade.

No, I said "tantamount to abortion on demand", which it is.

"Mental/emotional/psychological reasons"...that alone "justifies" each and every abortion. The term "abortion on demand" is hated by advocates of "terminations of desired preganancies", the Boulder link can't even say the word "abortion", it's more code, other side.

What Roe v. Wade did was to legalize abortion throughout the entire pregnancy. By omission, it defined life beginning at birth. Partial-birth abortions is not a violation of that decision. Every ban on this has been stayed upon appeal, why they're still being performed pending a SCOTUS ruling.

http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/abortion/profiles.htm

^ The most liberal abortion laws in the world, right here.

"Abortion on demand" = anytime, any reason, even if rare in practice.

"Abortion on demand" = anytime, any reason, even if rare in practice.

I disagree. Abortion on demand means just that. If a woman goes into a clinic and is eight months pregnant and just wants it for the sake of it, that is abortion on demand. If a doctor refuses, it is not abortion on demand. You are trying to deal in absolutes, when each scenario is different.

I disagree. Abortion on demand means just that. If a woman goes into a clinic and is eight months pregnant and just wants it for the sake of it, that is abortion on demand. If a doctor refuses, it is not abortion on demand. You are trying to deal in absolutes, when each scenario is different.

So your point is that women who want an abortion can't get one?

Backpedaling.

It's mandated as legal in Roe v. Wade.

Most doctors morally obect to any abortion, there's only a handful that'll touch a pba.

It takes four days, it is not some heroic life-saving operation, only an efficient abortion technique.

I was wrong when I stated that the US has the most leinient abortion policies in the world, I'd forgotten about Red China, which just injects medicine to stop the heart via the uterus. If the baby's born, lethal injection to the skull.

That's more "humane" than this.

I disagree. I don't see foetus's as humans until they are born

That's an extremist viewpoint right there, far-left pro-choice extremism. The only further left is Peter Singerland.

It takes four days, it is not some heroic life-saving operation, only an efficient abortion technique.

In some cases it obviously is a life-saving operation. I'll take the word of a doctor who has performed the operation many times over a pundit on a messageboard...

That's an extremist viewpoint right there, far-left pro-choice extremism. The only further left is Peter Singerland.

Your opinion is noted.

they can not be as powerful as you think ....for if they were...abortion would not be legal....that should tell you who the most powerfull lobby is.

Forum List

Back