The Grand Old Opry and a harsh lesson in the Theory of Evaporation

R

rdean

100504-opry-hmed-4a.rp600x350.jpg

The next time Confederate Southerners take a "swim" to the Grand Old Opry, they might consider the "theory of evaporation" and the role it plays in the "rain/snow" cycle.

When Nancy Carrol heard the cowbell in the watermelon patch, she ran outside to shoo away Betsy Mae leaving the grits water boiling. When she came back, all the water was gone out of the pan.

Global warming works the same way, only that water comes down as "rain" and if that water goes high enough, it comes down as "snow". The hotter it gets, the more rain. Remember, white (like ice) reflects heat away. No ice means a "darker ocean". Do they wear black outside in Tennessee in the summer? Why not?

cycle.png

The most rain in Tennessee EVER.

Just like you guys told us when it got colder and the ice increased last year.... Current or local weather, is no indicator of overall climate change...

Thats the trouble with refuting false claims based on pseudo-science; it works both ways....

Just like you guys told us when it got colder and the ice increased last year.... Current or local weather, is no indicator of overall climate change...

Thats the trouble with refuting false claims based on pseudo-science; it works both ways....

-------------------------------

LOL!!! Are you still trying to push the Global Cooling Hoax? That's the REAL "Climategate", deniers trying to prove that the earth is cooling because of a year or two, while totally discounting decades of warming data!!! Do you need any other proof that the deniers are all about politics, already having lost the scientific argument?

-------------------------------

LOL!!! Are you still trying to push the Global Cooling Hoax? That's the REAL "Climategate", deniers trying to prove that the earth is cooling because of a year or two, while totally discounting decades of warming data!!! Do you need any other proof that the deniers are all about politics, already having lost the scientific argument?

You ever going to be anything more than a troll who lies about what people say in a web forum?

Seriously dumazz you just lied about what I said in every single word of that post.... people can read and see you are lying retard... you aren't even remotely amusing....

You first, gslack. I bow to your seniority. ;-)

Still waiting on that post weasel anytime........... Come on if I do it all the time posting one example of its easy.... So then put up or show the forum how a true POS works....

No, the most rain in Tennesee recorded I can quite easily state that there has been more rain there just not since we've been keeping records. You may find it interesting that the flood plain through that area is 15-18 miles wide. That tells us that back before people who kept records were there, that it would REALLLLY flood. 53 feet is nothing compared to what the geological record tells us occured.

100504-opry-hmed-4a.rp600x350.jpg

The next time Confederate Southerners take a "swim" to the Grand Old Opry, they might consider the "theory of evaporation" and the role it plays in the "rain/snow" cycle.

When Nancy Carrol heard the cowbell in the watermelon patch, she ran outside to shoo away Betsy Mae leaving the grits water boiling. When she came back, all the water was gone out of the pan.

Global warming works the same way, only that water comes down as "rain" and if that water goes high enough, it comes down as "snow". The hotter it gets, the more rain. Remember, white (like ice) reflects heat away. No ice means a "darker ocean". Do they wear black outside in Tennessee in the summer? Why not?

cycle.png

The most rain in Tennessee EVER.

The amount of rain Tennessee recieved in a two day period more than doubled that in the historical record.

Now if you wish to discuss geological records, take a look at the Karoo Formation in South Africa, and what happened there at the P-T event. Former serpentine river channels that laid down silt and clay fines suddenly changed to braided river channels with cobbles and boulders.

http://www.killerinourmidst.com/methane catastrophe.html

More water vapor in the atmosphere, however, would have meant more precipitation, and this precipitation would have come in the form of more severe storms. Some continental areas therefore may have been subject to a kind of double whammy: drying out more because of increased evaporation, and then periodically getting hit by powerful storms. This is a prescription for drought punctuated by flash floods and rapid erosion, and would have imposed difficult living conditions on the many of the creatures of the affected areas. Other areas simply received more precipitation, which ameliorated harsher climates and made arid climates less so (Retallack, 2003).

In South Africa's Karroo Basin, the additional precipitation may have been responsible for changing river dynamics and altering meadering rivers (which sweep in great curves across their valleys) to braided rivers (which are comprised of many interwoven strands). Although numerous factors control the specific shapes of rivers, the amount of flow is an important one, and braided rivers tend to indicate higher flow rates than meandering ones. The major extinction of terrestrial plants, whose root systems tend to anchor soils, is also a likely factor in altering river shape (Ward, 2000).

Last edited:
The amount of rain Tennessee recieved in a two day period more than doubled that in the historical record.

Now if you wish to discuss geological records, take a look at the Karoo Formation in South Africa, and what happened there at the P-T event. Former serpentine river channels that laid down silt and clay fines suddenly changed to braided river channels with cobbles and boulders.

And none of it was from AGW..... yeap thanks for clarifying that all of this is a part of the climate....

Ah yes more baffle them with bs. I have actually been to the traps and a good friend of mine is a researcher in SA and has pretty extensive knowledge of the Karoo formation. The change from a meandering river (the more accepted term) to a braided river complex is attributable to sediment deposits, specifically a river can carry a certain amount of sediment. The suspended load of a steeply descending river or stream will eventually reach a point where it can no longer carry the load and at that point it will change to a meandering river. The two go hand in hand. They are very frequently found in glacial geo-morphic areas as the glaciers grind up a tremendous amount of rock and that is also a requirement for a braided river system, lots of sediment. This is geology 101 BTW.

I notice how you neglect to mention the fact that the extinctions occured over a period of between 2 and 8 million years. And also how the scientist involved actually states that because of that tremendous amount of time the chances that the methane and CO2 had any real effect are remote.

I wonder why that is?

Methane Catastrophe

More water vapor in the atmosphere, however, would have meant more precipitation, and this precipitation would have come in the form of more severe storms. Some continental areas therefore may have been subject to a kind of double whammy: drying out more because of increased evaporation, and then periodically getting hit by powerful storms. This is a prescription for drought punctuated by flash floods and rapid erosion, and would have imposed difficult living conditions on the many of the creatures of the affected areas. Other areas simply received more precipitation, which ameliorated harsher climates and made arid climates less so (Retallack, 2003).

In South Africa's Karroo Basin, the additional precipitation may have been responsible for changing river dynamics and altering meadering rivers (which sweep in great curves across their valleys) to braided rivers (which are comprised of many interwoven strands). Although numerous factors control the specific shapes of rivers, the amount of flow is an important one, and braided rivers tend to indicate higher flow rates than meandering ones. The major extinction of terrestrial plants, whose root systems tend to anchor soils, is also a likely factor in altering river shape (Ward, 2000).

Good God. Once again, ol' Westwall has been everywhere and done everything. And still does not know a goddamned thing.

Look, you stupid ass, when a meandering, or serpentine, river system changes to a braided system, and the size of the transported material increases radically in the same part of the river, there has to be a huge increase in flow. When this occurs in a short period of time, and the time was much shorter than two million years, it indicates a huge increase in precipitation in this area.

And the last class I took in Geology was not Geo 101, as in your case, but a 470/570 class.

And none of it was from AGW..... yeap thanks for clarifying that all of this is a part of the climate....

Poor ol' dumb dingleberry Suckee..... apperantly does not realize the physics of the atmosphere does not care whether the increase in GHGs is from volcanos and clathrates, or the burning of fossil fuels, and then the resultant outgassing of clathrates.

Poor ol' dumb dingleberry Suckee..... apperantly does not realize the physics of the atmosphere does not care whether the increase in GHGs is from volcanos and clathrates, or the burning of fossil fuels, and then the resultant outgassing of clathrates.

Poor old idiotic oldsocks still trying to convince the world 1+1=3....

quote=Old Rocks;2301811]Good God. Once again, ol' Westwall has been everywhere and done everything. And still does not know a goddamned thing.

Look, you stupid ass, when a meandering, or serpentine, river system changes to a braided system, and the size of the transported material increases radically in the same part of the river, there has to be a huge increase in flow. When this occurs in a short period of time, and the time was much shorter than two million years, it indicates a huge increase in precipitation in this area.

And the last class I took in Geology was not Geo 101, as in your case, but a 470/570 class.[/quote]

Well I probably have been to more places than you old fraud. Here are some pictures of a very few of the places I've been to and unlike your old buddy toober I actually took these pictures (hence some are kind of crappy). First up Hamilton Lakes in the Sierra Nevada, a nice easy two day hike at around 6,000 feet I recommend you try it! The other shot is the trail up to the Lakes and the other is an example of some of what we are removing to clean up the abandoned mines. This one is in South America.

I used to teach minerology & optical crystalography, did you ever take advanced classes or were you stuck in the remedial classes?

Attachments

• $hamilton lakes.jpg
    $hamilton lakes.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 72
  • $mine.jpg
    $mine.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 66
  • $sierras.jpg
    $sierras.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
These two are from the Himalyas and are at around 19 thousand feet if memory serves me. Five points if you can identify the circular feature in the second picture.

Attachments

• $afghanistan.jpg
    $afghanistan.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 61
  • $Nepal.jpg
    $Nepal.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 72
These two are from the Himalyas and are at around 19 thousand feet if memory serves me. Five points if you can identify the circular feature in the second picture.

Noah's Ark?

Good God. Once again, ol' Westwall has been everywhere and done everything. And still does not know a goddamned thing.

And the last class I took in Geology was not Geo 101, as in your case, but a 470/570 class.

Oh yeah I forgot to answer your comment on the braided river system. Here is the link to wikipedia which is simplified enough that you should be able to comprehend it. I chose wiki as that seems to be the level to which you folks can understand the most (even though it is replete with fraudulent and plain innacurate statements) without hurting your brains too much.

Braided river - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sure, Westwall, and you won the Vietnam War all by your lonesome.

Damn, you are one blowhard.

Taught minerology and optical crystalography, but have no idea of the relationship of the weather and and CO2 levels in the geologic record.

Taught minerology and optical crystalography, but have no idea of the relationship of the weather and and CO2 levels in the geologic record.

Nah little fella I think you have shown your level of understanding in all of this pretty well by now.... you routinely post things without even the simplest of ideas about what they really mean. You just see a headline and go nuts....:lol:

and and and and and....jeez old fraud did I rattle you!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

And thank you for noting my exceptional exhalation qualities...I really appreciate that you noticed!

Forum List

Back