The "Good Ol Days"

Yeah, Black Americans were much better off before LBJ.

Nobody owes you a fucking thing.
You are incorrect. And so is the libertarian institute.

Yes, the government owes us. That's just a reality you must deal with.

I’ll bet people like you don’t even read @IM2’s OP. I’ll bet you read the title and immediately dump on him. It’s quite pathetic.
Why bother? Just like all of his other 100s of racist-ass threads, it all leads to "gibsmedat".

Just like this:

You are incorrect. And so is the libertarian institute.

Yes, the government owes us. That's just a reality you must deal with.

/-----/ The slideshow was difficut to navigate, but I saw it is based on YouGov’s latest research. According to them, "For each survey, a representative sample of 1,500 respondents is selected from YouGov’s U.S. research panel. Panelists are invited to each survey, based on their age, gender, race, and education, in proportion to their frequency to the frequency of adult citizens in the most recent American Community Survey" 1,500 out of a population of some 275 million adults is statistically insignificant.
iu
Surveys are fine with you when they validate your racism. But the documented history shows that the good ol days did not exist for people who were not white.

Why bother? Just like all of his other 100s of racist-ass threads, it all leads to "gibsmedat".
You can't handle the truth. Your white fragility cripples you. And its funny how you contribute to the thousands of white racist threads here.

Surveys are fine with you when they validate your racism. But the documented history shows that the good ol days did not exist for people who were not white.
/——/ I’m old enough to remember. You aren’t.

Sure, u can say blacks have it harder, but then we'll have to consider Asians, Native Americans, and by far the biggest difference is the privileged life that life expectancy charts say women have. Then again, a lot of women don't see it that way...
I think I know what life is like for blacks better than you do. We can consider any population you want, but the fact remains that white men gave themselves unearned preference and privilege.
OK, so we can forget about all the irrelevant Asians, Hispanics, Native Americans, women, children ---did I forget anyone else that we also want to discard?

Lol.

You cherry picked pictures.

We all can do that.

Crime, Gangsters, pic: circa 1930's, Family of Chicago gangsters, left-right, Sam Genna, Angela Genna, Peter Genna, Tony Genna, Jim Genna and families​

crime-gangsters-pic-circa-1930s-family-of-chicago-gangsters-left-right-sam-genna-angela-genna.jpg

And the modern white crime family
R.a0676abe0c94c7bc1fe6894a7ebb348a

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Yeah, always great to compare then and now.
People had dinner then and now, yup. And the Trumps don't look Italian at all!.

The good ol' days are gone for ol' Mr. Armstrong. He had a good time and helped others do the same while he was here, though.

OK, so we can forget about all the irrelevant Asians, Hispanics, Native Americans, women, children ---did I forget anyone else that we also want to discard?
Wow, it's as though you weren't responding to IM2 explicitly stating "We can consider any population you want," :rolleyes:

The good ol' days are gone for ol' Mr. Armstrong. He had a good time and helped others do the same while he was here, though.

Today he says hindsight is 20/20.

Mr. BARAKA: We confused what we perceived as the social demeanor in that context of lynching. You understand? Overt segregation. And we thought that Louis was submitting to that. You know, Louis's expression was musical and artistic and transcended that. When it was possible for Louis to speak, he spoke.

HURST: Armstrong did lay his career on the line during the civil rights movement. In 1957 he criticized President Eisenhower for his initial refusal to enforce school desegregation in Little Rock, Arkansas. Again, jazz historian Will Friedwald.

Mr. FRIEDWALD: He was certainly the first black entertainer to be that outspoken at that particular time. And in fact he was so sort of outspoken about it he was even criticized by other black entertainers, which was kind of a very strange thing to happen.

HURST: Amiri Baraka recounts a TV interview that Armstrong once did in the late ‘60s.

Mr. BARAKA: They guy asked him, he said, well, you know, Mr. Armstrong, what has been the key to your success. And Louis goes, he said, you know, well - and his manager, Joe Glazer was sitting there. And he says, well, you know, the key to success is this. See, you got to find yourself some white man and make yourself that white man's (beep). Ain't that true, Joe?

Now how many years has that sentiment broiled in his heart, which had to be prompted by the fact that young people like myself were casting, you know, a dubious eye on, you know, his stage antics.

Mr. MORANI: At his funeral when he was laid out on Park Avenue, and I saw quite a few black faces, I said to him, although he was dead, I said, Pops, some of your people showed up.

Of course there has been absolutely horrible racism and it continues but slowly but surely it's getting better. We're having a little bump here with trump and letting the racists feeling fine with their views... And attacking gays Asians blacks Jews and the poor snooks trying to get asylum from Venezuela and Nicaragua which have been destroyed by Republicans in the lead.

At any rate, there is a tremendous book called ''the good old days, they were terrible!!!''. Everything in the country- transportation food medicine housing you name it was dangerous to life. Thank God liberals have regulated so many things.... Inequality of income in the country used to be absolutely ridiculous in the industrial revolution and it hasn't been so bad until now, after 40 years of Reagan give away to the rich DUHHH...

Last edited:
and what year was that come on who did the poll? Sounds like total GOP BS as usual

Here's a question for you ... Where was the map you were commenting on showing ...
And why would you think it was GOP anything ... :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back