The Gay Youth Suicide Myth

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania

Voicing concern over suicide risk for "gay youth," homosexual activists are pushing pro-homosexual programs in the schools, which will invariably ensnare vulnerable teens who might otherwise have avoided the destructive homosexual lifestyle. Their diagnosis: gay youths need affirmation of their homosexuality in a "homophobic" world, or they may become suicidal. The proffered solution: affirmation programs that make gay youths comfortable with being homosexual and the rest of the student population comfortable with the concept of homosexuality. Once everyone accepts homosexuality as "normal" and "natural," gay youth will achieve high self-esteem and avoid suicidal behavior.

The genesis of the homosexual teen suicide myth lies in a deeply flawed and pro-homosexual report by San Francisco homosexual activist Paul Gibson. The paper, "Gay Male and Lesbian Youth Suicide," was included, as a supporting document, in a 1989 report by a special federal task force on youth suicide reporting to Dr. Louis Sullivan, former Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS). However, Secretary Sullivan repudiated and distanced his department from the Gibson paper:

...the views expressed in the paper entitled 'Gay Male and Lesbian Youth Suicide' do not in any way represent my personal beliefs or the policy of this Department.[2]
Sullivan went on to say:

Indeed, I am strongly committed to advancing traditional family values. Federal policies must be crafted with great care so as to strengthen rather than undermine the institution of the family. In my opinion, the views expressed in the paper run contrary to that aim.[3]
Dr. David Shaffer, one of the country's leading authorities on suicide among youth, notes that Gibson's paper "was never subjected to the rigorous peer review that is required for publication in a scientific journal and contained no new research findings."[4]
The following are some of Gibson's most tendentious and oft-repeated claims:

gay and lesbian youths may account for one third of all youth suicides;

homosexual youths are two to three times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers;

suicide is the leading cause of death among gay and lesbian youth; and
gay youth suicide is caused by the internalization of "homophobia" and violence directed at gays.[5]

Sodomites are doing all they can to further their agenda, including using dead people. When people go that far something is wrong.

You sure spend a lot of time thinking about homosexuality, don't you, Bass?

Voicing concern over suicide risk for "gay youth," homosexual activists are pushing pro-homosexual programs in the schools, which will invariably ensnare vulnerable teens who might otherwise have avoided the destructive homosexual lifestyle. Their diagnosis: gay youths need affirmation of their homosexuality in a "homophobic" world, or they may become suicidal. The proffered solution: affirmation programs that make gay youths comfortable with being homosexual and the rest of the student population comfortable with the concept of homosexuality. Once everyone accepts homosexuality as "normal" and "natural," gay youth will achieve high self-esteem and avoid suicidal behavior.

The genesis of the homosexual teen suicide myth lies in a deeply flawed and pro-homosexual report by San Francisco homosexual activist Paul Gibson. The paper, "Gay Male and Lesbian Youth Suicide," was included, as a supporting document, in a 1989 report by a special federal task force on youth suicide reporting to Dr. Louis Sullivan, former Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS). However, Secretary Sullivan repudiated and distanced his department from the Gibson paper:

...the views expressed in the paper entitled 'Gay Male and Lesbian Youth Suicide' do not in any way represent my personal beliefs or the policy of this Department.[2]
Sullivan went on to say:

Indeed, I am strongly committed to advancing traditional family values. Federal policies must be crafted with great care so as to strengthen rather than undermine the institution of the family. In my opinion, the views expressed in the paper run contrary to that aim.[3]
Dr. David Shaffer, one of the country's leading authorities on suicide among youth, notes that Gibson's paper "was never subjected to the rigorous peer review that is required for publication in a scientific journal and contained no new research findings."[4]
The following are some of Gibson's most tendentious and oft-repeated claims:

gay and lesbian youths may account for one third of all youth suicides;

homosexual youths are two to three times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers;

suicide is the leading cause of death among gay and lesbian youth; and
gay youth suicide is caused by the internalization of "homophobia" and violence directed at gays.[5]

Sodomites are doing all they can to further their agenda, including using dead people. When people go that far something is wrong.
Probably because they have to hide through they are really to everyone and live in fear of their parents finding out especially if they have Republican parents who say they think homosexuality is evil( not saying it is just republicans).
I am sure you know how it is to hide who really are Bass! hint hint

Straw arguments, but conversely, you two sure do spend alot of time thinking about what the Bass feels about homosexuality, do you?

Yes. I find closet cases like you as interesting as a car wreck.

Since you start a couple posts a week which are obviously intended to characterize homosexuals as evil people, I assume you are an identity crises about to happen.

I am waiting for you to finally realize that what you think you hate about homosexuals is what you really hate about yourself.

It'll happen.

Your personal truth will inevitably out as it already partially is, as evidenced by your desperate attempts (your posts) to convince yourself (and this audience) that you are not a homosexual.

One day you're going to gain enough self confidence and you're going to forgive yourself.

When that happens then you'll realize that your obsession with homos is really a defence mechanism you're using to lie to yourself about your own sexual identity.

Now I could be wrong, (I seldom am, but it does happen) but I think you're gay a bluejay, Bass.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

You see, men who are unabashed hetererosexuals and who have absolutely no doubt about that fact, don't CARE about homosexuality,

We know that nothing in the world will turn a heterosexual into a homosexual, so we don't CARE about this mythical homo agenda you are conviced is a threat to your delusions of heterosexuality.

Last edited:

Careful Charlie, they hate attacks on their sacred cows! :lol:

Not really, but you sure do make sure it's in OUR faces.. :eusa_whistle:

Oh yes you do spend alot of time thinking about the Bass attacking homosexuality[the Bass doesn't attack homosexuals], the majority of your posts to the Bass have been about the Bass attacking homosexuality. As a *TRUE* Christian the Bass' duty is to attack sin and homosexuality is a sin.

Oh yes you do spend alot of time thinking about the Bass attacking homosexuality[the Bass doesn't attack homosexuals], the majority of your posts to the Bass have been about the Bass attacking homosexuality. As a *TRUE* Christian the Bass' duty is to attack sin and homosexuality is a sin.

As a true Christian, it's your responsibility to live your life right and not worry about WTF someone you don't even know is doing.

Judge not lest ye be judged yourself sound familiar?

Gay youth are doomed to begin with. Many committ suicide because the lifestyle they have chosen leads to mental illness. And others will die later in life from diseases and infections they contract from their life as a degenerate homosexual.

As a true Christian, it's your responsibility to live your life right and not worry about WTF someone you don't even know is doing.

Judge not lest ye be judged yourself sound familiar?

As a true Christian the duty is to spread the truth, love righteous and hate evil. If the disciples would have followed the nonsense you posted almost no one would be saved.

Forum List

Back