The Gay Agenda Isn't About Gays

All I can do is shake my head in wonder....

Not believing in God does not mean you believe in (or worship???) the Devil.. In fact, the two kinda go hand in hand - you have to believe in one to believe in the other...Not believing in God does not make you an automatic Liberal, either.

Shattered said:
All I can do is shake my head in wonder....

Not believing in God does not mean you believe in (or worship???) the Devil.. In fact, the two kinda go hand in hand - you have to believe in one to believe in the other...Not believing in God does not make you an automatic Liberal, either.

You're half way there dear... :(

Tis ok.. I know the drill.. It doesn't matter what you do in life (or don't do).. If you don't fit the common mold, and believe the common belief, you're "doomed to hell"..

Just keep in mind that it was a fellow Christian that let loose during a church service, with a rifle killing almost half a dozen people, and injuring half a dozen more...

Tho, since he obviously believes in God, he's not going to hell, I'm sure.. You need only believe to be saved.. Isn't that how it goes?

To seperate church and state you can't impose religious beliefs on other people and make those beliefs law. A civil union isn't a marriage. They can call it that if they want but a marriage requires a union between a man and a woman who place God as the head of the union. A civil union like gays want excludes God and creates a legally binding agreement. A marriage creates a leagally and spiritual binding agreement.

People say to me Well, aren't straight couples considered married if they get married at the court house? Yeh they are considered married. But most of them put God as the head and gays don't want to do that. Gays want a union they volunteered for to be given the same legal power as any civil union. I don't think religion that they chose not to practice should make laws to stop them.

Shattered said:
Just keep in mind that it was a fellow Christian that let loose during a church service, with a rifle killing almost half a dozen people, and injuring half a dozen more...

Revelation 6

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Pale Rider said:
Revelation 6

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
are you trying to say that this person who opened fire in a church is one of the four horsemen?

Pale Rider said:
You confirm what I just said... think about it.

The devil "is", the one and ONLY "omnipotent" power of "evil", in the universe.

Denying that leads you down the slippery slope of liberilism, and non belief in God our creator.

The devil (Satan) is not omnipotent. He is not omnipresent. He is not omniscient. He is pure evil, and is certainly opposed to God.

Shattered said:

Tho, since he obviously believes in God, he's not going to hell, I'm sure.. You need only believe to be saved.. Isn't that how it goes?

Well, I will leave it up to God to judge the man's soul. But it's very clear, from reading the Bible, that one is not supposed to murder other people. Thus, this man's actions were the antithesis of Christian behavior.

Shattered said:
Tis ok.. I know the drill.. It doesn't matter what you do in life (or don't do).. If you don't fit the common mold, and believe the common belief, you're "doomed to hell"..

I'm clueless to this man's actions. Unlike a judge or jury though, God does know what this man was thinking. If he was 'insane' God would know, my God is a merciful God. At the same time if he was hating for whatever reason, God will mete out the punishment.

gop_jeff said:
Well, I will leave it up to God to judge the man's soul. But it's very clear, from reading the Bible, that one is not supposed to murder other people. Thus, this man's actions were the antithesis of Christian behavior.

That doesn't seem to matter.. The only prerequisite for getting into "Heaven" is admitting your sins "to God", and asking forgiveness... Forget personal responsibility in life... All I've ever heard is "If you believe in God, all your past sins will be forgiven, and you will have gained entrance to Heaven"...

All I hear now, is that although I don't rob people, I don't harm people, I make wise/responsible personal choices, I take responsibility for my own actions, and don't waste time trying to blame others, and I'm *still* doomed to "Hell"..

**shakes head**

Kathianne said:
I'm clueless to this man's actions. Unlike a judge or jury though, God does know what this man was thinking. If he was 'insane' God would know, my God is a merciful God. At the same time if he was hating for whatever reason, God will mete out the punishment.

What punishment would that be? The man took his own life when he was finished.. There's no punishment for him, and no justice for the family members of those he killed.

Shattered said:
What punishment would that be? The man took his own life when he was finished.. There's no punishment for him, and no justice for the family members of those he killed.

Hell , death is a pretty good punishment---the family can go piss on his grave if they want

Shattered said:

Hell.

Shattered said:
That doesn't seem to matter.. The only prerequisite for getting into "Heaven" is admitting your sins "to God", and asking forgiveness... Forget personal responsibility in life... All I've ever heard is "If you believe in God, all your past sins will be forgiven, and you will have gained entrance to Heaven"...

All I hear now, is that although I don't rob people, I don't harm people, I make wise/responsible personal choices, I take responsibility for my own actions, and don't waste time trying to blame others, and I'm *still* doomed to "Hell"..

**shakes head**

No wonder you hate religion---you have no idea what it is!

Shattered said:

What on earth are you talking about? Confessing isnt Repentence. It is a part of Repentence but Repentence comes from the Greek words to Change or to Turn away. Confession is just the first part of repentence. You have to change your life turn away from your sins. give them up. Its the Epitomy of personal responsibility. Its the people who say "I have no sins" that are trying to avoid responsbility because they are unwilling to acknowledge their mistakes and try to fix them.

**shakes head**

Im going to be alittle bold. I mean no offense here. But you are just emphasizing here my previous point. You are good you dont hurt people. You dont sin etc. etc. If you dont acknowledge your weaknesses how do you take responsibility for your actions. You are going to tell me you never ever hurt someone? You've never been jealous? Never hated someone? Never gossipped about someone? Never been proud? If you dont then i sure as heck wish i was you because i do that stuff way more than id like. But thats the beauty of repentence you can change. you dont have to be like that. You can take responsibility for yourself and overcome your weaknesses through the Atonement so you don't do that anymore.

Christianity is all about personal responsibility. Course if you dont acknowledge that youve done something wrong its impossible to take responsibility for that.

What on earth are you talking about? Confessing isnt Repentence. It is a part of Repentence but Repentence comes from the Greek words to Change or to Turn away. Confession is just the first part of repentence. You have to change your life turn away from your sins. give them up. Its the Epitomy of personal responsibility. Its the people who say "I have no sins" that are trying to avoid responsbility because they are unwilling to acknowledge their mistakes and try to fix them.

Im going to be alittle bold. I mean no offense here. But you are just emphasizing here my previous point. You are good you dont hurt people. You dont sin etc. etc. If you dont acknowledge your weaknesses how do you take responsibility for your actions. You are going to tell me you never ever hurt someone? You've never been jealous? Never hated someone? Never gossipped about someone? Never been proud? If you dont then i sure as heck wish i was you because i do that stuff way more than id like. But thats the beauty of repentence you can change. you dont have to be like that. You can take responsibility for yourself and overcome your weaknesses through the Atonement so you don't do that anymore.

Christianity is all about personal responsibility. Course if you dont acknowledge that youve done something wrong its impossible to take responsibility for that.

Apparently, my entire post is missing one word... "intentionally". I don't *intentionally* hurt people, I think about the consequences before most actions, etc. I AM human.. I DO make mistakes.. I DO admit to them.. I'm living my life no different than you (I assume), other than the fact that I don't believe in organized religion, and I don't believe in God/Satan/Heaven/Hell..

Apparently, the difference between me and you, is you believe that if you live your life to the best of your ability, you're headed for great reward, just for doing what's right.. I believe I'll end up in a wooden box. I'm not pompous enough to believe I should be rewarded for trying to do what's *right*.

(Ok, that last bit sounded a little...weird, but I'm a little cranky, and can't think of a better way to get my point across right now - sorry.)

Shattered said:
Apparently, my entire post is missing one word... "intentionally". I don't *intentionally* hurt people, I think about the consequences before most actions, etc. I AM human.. I DO make mistakes.. I DO admit to them.. I'm living my life no different than you (I assume), other than the fact that I don't believe in organized religion, and I don't believe in God/Satan/Heaven/Hell..

Apparently, the difference between me and you, is you believe that if you live your life to the best of your ability, you're headed for great reward, just for doing what's right.. I believe I'll end up in a wooden box. I'm not pompous enough to believe I should be rewarded for trying to do what's *right*.

(Ok, that last bit sounded a little...weird, but I'm a little cranky, and can't think of a better way to get my point across right now - sorry.)

It all sounds weird-but I'm glad you came up with an excuse like the liberal you are.

dilloduck said:
It all sounds weird-but I'm glad you came up with an excuse like the liberal you are.

Lack of sheeplike tendencies makes one Liberal? Ooooooook.

That was an idiotic statement, and you know it. I'm no more liberal than you are.

Shattered said:
Lack of sheeplike tendencies makes one Liberal? Ooooooook.

That was an idiotic statement, and you know it. I'm no more liberal than you are.

You think you're some kind of rebel here??. Sorry-just a vanilla athiest with liberal thinking

dilloduck said:
You think you're some kind of rebel here??. Sorry-just a vanilla athiest with liberal thinking

No, I don't think I'm a rebel-anything. I am, however, a person that can think for herself without the incessant need to follow a pack. Death penalty? Yes! Abortion? No! Religion? No! War? A necessary evil. Kerry? No! Bush? The lesser of two evils.

You, on the other hand, seem completely bitter, and lonely, for someone that has so much love for "God", and seemingly go with whatever will gain you the most popularity points... Which one of us is *really* lacking?

Go pick a fight with someone else - I'm not interested. Ta-ta, Smokey.

Forum List

Back