The Futility And Corruption Of The Drug War...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
I was disappointed to hear Trump and some of his lackeys this week, proudly vowing to escalate the 'War on Drugs.' I thought Trump was more moderate on the issue. But i thought wrong. Looks like he's going all-in on getting those 'Evil Marijuana Fiends.' He's going all 'Reefer Madness' on us. Pretty sad.

Written by Jacob G. Hornberger

I just finished watching the much-acclaimed series “Narcos” on Netflix. What a fantastic program. And what an excellent depiction of the futility and corruption of the war on drugs.

The series is a true-life account of Pablo Escobar, a Colombian drug lord who headed up the Medellin drug cartel, a black-market drug group that smuggled hundreds of tons of cocaine into the United States in the 1970s and 1980s. Smuggling an estimated 80 percent of the cocaine into the United States, Escobar became known as the “King of Cocaine,” attaining in the process a net worth of $30 billion by the early 1990s. According to Wikipedia, Escobar was the wealthiest criminal in history.

Amidst much acclaim and publicity, the U.S. government and the Colombian government, working together, targeted Escobar with arrest or killing...

Read More:
The Futility and Corruption of the Drug War

A for profit legal and prison system needs bodies and in a post industrial america where the jobs are not really coming back, the system, can turn $40-50K per head per hominid, and really now, any activity or behavior can be made "illegal". We have returned to profiteering from bondage.

Trump is the law and order president. Get congress to change the law if you want but to ignore a written law is not what Trump is or should be about. We've had enough of a president picking and choosing the laws he likes and the ones he doesn't. It's the law makers that are waging the war not Trump. Call your congressman or woman.

Forum List

Back