The Fourth Amendment is dead.

State of the Fourth Amendment

• Total voters
So what's next? Article 5 exercise, or ARMED insurrection? THOSE are the last two options.

Article V. If the United States Government uses violence and attacks us while exercising our Article V rights, then the United States Government has rebelled against the People, and it is not only our right, but our duty, to Restore the Rule of Law.

The genie is out of the bottle. Collection of vital statistics by computers is here to stay and will only grow like wildfire. Face-recognition, radar-detection of speeding vehicles, for example, will be slowly phased in.

Then amend it.

You're advocating for the Rule of the Jungle based on the "living Constitution" narrative of Progressives.

What do you think of Edward Snowden.

I never advocate such things but just try to understand them. Knowledge is power, and to solve problems, we need to have an adequate understanding of just how bad it is. Otherwise, it is impossible to kill a giant with a pea-shooter. lol

So what do you think of Edward Snowden?

I envoke the fourth amendment frequently in trial cases and win them. I don't see it dead though i do see a tendency for Feds to ignore it. Especially with the NSA.

What are any of you going to do about it?

@KNB takes pleasure and sick pride in knowing our Jury system has been legally subverted --- for the first in history.
KNB is an idiot that thinks government is wonderful HE only voices in here because his Government check in in jeopardy. He's a moocher and idiot. He deserves to be ignored.

Apparently you do not understand the potential for abuse of mass general search warrants. Read about John Hancock sometime.

There is no mass general search warrant taking place here.

Is this what you say about the NSA as well?

Edward Snowden, hero or traitor, what say you?

As long as he doesn't give away devastating military secrets that results in the deaths of thousands of Americans, hero, hands down.

In other words, if you drive your car down Main Street, and a cop watches it go by, and he can see your license tag, he can legally run your tag through the computer.

That does not need a warrant.

Been that way since 1776. Or.....well, the invention of cars and computers.

Apparently you do not understand the potential for abuse of mass general search warrants. Read about John Hancock sometime.

Apparently you don’t understand the Constitution and its case law.

4th Amendment violations are determined in the context of what constitutes a reasonable expectation of privacy; the Court has consistently ruled that an expectation of privacy is considerably less present in a motor vehicle. And obviously there is no reasonable expectation of ‘privacy’ with regard to license plates clearly displayed on a motorist’s vehicle.

Last year the Supreme Court held that law enforcement may obtain DNA samples and retain those samples in a database from those arrested for violent crimes or burglary – no warrant, no probable cause – detained and released only (Maryland v. King (2013)).

Obviously, if DNA samples can be collected and retained absent evidence of a crime, so too can license plate information.

So what's next? Article 5 exercise, or ARMED insurrection? THOSE are the last two options.

Article V. If the United States Government uses violence and attacks us while exercising our Article V rights, then the United States Government has rebelled against the People, and it is not only our right, but our duty, to Restore the Rule of Law.

:eusa_clap:
Have you read my nullification proposal I am debating submitting to my City Council? I would have submitted it ages ago, but I shudder at what I can picture the feds doing if it works. So I took a walk on the riverbank today, planning strategies and troop movements and ambushes and explosives and all that. Do you ever think like that? Defending your town against an invading government force and holding them off with civilians?

Funny how everyone who has voted finds the amendment to be dead or dying. Nobody seems to think it is working fine.

In other words, if you drive your car down Main Street, and a cop watches it go by, and he can see your license tag, he can legally run your tag through the computer.

That does not need a warrant.

Been that way since 1776. Or.....well, the invention of cars and computers.

You are, without a doubt, one of the more ill-informed people on this board. The REASON a cop can read and run your license without your consent is two-fold.

(1) The plate DOES NOT belong to you. It is PROPERTY of the state.

(2) The plate is in view of the public and therefore exists in the PUBLIC DOMAIN. ANYONE can copy your number down take it to the DMV and get your information.

What the Cop CAN NOT do (in accordance with the 4th Amendment) is to pull you over and search the contents of your vehicle without PROBABLE CAUSE or a valid search warrant or, with your consent.

For crying out loud. Get real.

Last edited:

:eusa_clap:
Have you read my nullification proposal I am debating submitting to my City Council? I would have submitted it ages ago, but I shudder at what I can picture the feds doing if it works. So I took a walk on the riverbank today, planning strategies and troop movements and ambushes and explosives and all that. Do you ever think like that? Defending your town against an invading government force and holding them off with civilians?

Yes I have, check you're thread. I posted our version here in Suffolk County which we bring every three months.

There is no mass general search warrant taking place here.

Is this what you say about the NSA as well?

Edward Snowden, hero or traitor, what say you?

Neither – he’s a criminal suspect; and he should be tried in Federal court for his alleged crimes.

And the surveillance programs are both legal and Constitutional until such time the Supreme Court rules otherwise, which is likely to occur given two Federal judges have issued conflicting rulings on the issue.

What are any of you going to do about it?

@KNB takes pleasure and sick pride in knowing our Jury system has been legally subverted --- for the first in history.
KNB is an idiot that thinks government is wonderful HE only voices in here because his Government check in in jeopardy. He's a moocher and idiot. He deserves to be ignored.
That's entirely wrong, Republican. This government is shit and has been since before I was born. Obama is a war criminal just like Bush Jr., Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, etc. That didn't stop me from joining the US Army and then pursuing four separate majors in college.

None of you fucking Conservatives care about the Constitution. The USAPATRIOT Act killed the 4th Amendment and every single Republican voter said that it was necessary to protect America from the evil "freedom fighters" that the CIA created. But once a black man inherited that authority, now it's FASCIST MARXIST TYRANNY! OOOH!

Will you Republican gun lovers finally bear arms in defense of the 4th Amendment? Since that is what the 2nd Amendment is for, right? To protect your other rights? Will you join the militia and storm the Pentagon? Demand that Cheney and Obama hang for crimes against humanity? Vindicate Chelsea Manning? Nominate Edward Snowden for the Nobel prize? Close Guantanamo? Burn down the NSA data-mining headquarters in Utah?

Your Constitution is under siege, right? What are any of you going to do about it?

Neither – he’s a criminal suspect; and he should be tried in Federal court for his alleged crimes.

And the surveillance programs are both legal and Constitutional until such time the Supreme Court rules otherwise, which is likely to occur given two Federal judges have issued conflicting rulings on the issue.

He'd be acquitted immediately by a Jury of his Peers; however, we all know that Obama would use the NDAA to detain him indefinitely under Article II (military) juridsiction.

Your premise relies on him being brought to a civilian Article III court, we know that won't happen.

Nothing in the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107–40; 50 U.S.C. 1541 note) or the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 (Public Law 112–81) shall be construed to deny the availability of the writ of habeas corpus or to deny any Constitutional rights in a court ordained or established by or under Article III of the Constitution to any person inside the United States who would be entitled to the availability of such writ or to such rights in the absence of such laws.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/tag/ndaa

In December 2011, President Obama signed the 2012 NDAA, codifying indefinite military detention without charge or trial into law for the first time in American history. The NDAA's dangerous detention provisions would authorize the president — and all future presidents — to order the military to pick up and indefinitely imprison people captured anywhere in the world, far from any battlefield. The ACLU will fight worldwide detention authority wherever we can, be it in court, in Congress, or internationally.

Last edited:
That's entirely wrong, Republican. This government is shit and has been since before I was born. Obama is a war criminal just like Bush Jr., Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, etc. That didn't stop me from joining the US Army and then pursuing four separate majors in college.

None of you fucking Conservatives care about the Constitution. The USAPATRIOT Act killed the 4th Amendment and every single Republican voter said that it was necessary to protect America from the evil "freedom fighters" that the CIA created. But once a black man inherited that authority, now it's FASCIST MARXIST TYRANNY! OOOH!

Will you Republican gun lovers finally bear arms in defense of the 4th Amendment? Since that is what the 2nd Amendment is for, right? To protect your other rights? Will you join the militia and storm the Pentagon? Demand that Cheney and Obama hang for crimes against humanity? Vindicate Chelsea Manning? Nominate Edward Snowden for the Nobel prize? Close Guantanamo? Burn down the NSA data-mining headquarters in Utah?

Your Constitution is under siege, right? What are any of you going to do about it?

My God, you are as hysterical as an old woman. Give it a break you fool.

Funny how everyone who has voted finds the amendment to be dead or dying. Nobody seems to think it is working fine.

Yes, a poll on an anonymous internet site is an accurate indicator of whether the 4th Amendment is ‘dead’ or not.

It's amazing how grassroots internet polls never match mainstream media polling data. Among politically active people, USMB is as random a sample as it gets.

Forum List

Back