Separation of State from Church

So you've never experienced any such prohibition.

Got it. :thup:

Actually I have. My church was prohibited from displaying it's Nativity scene on the town green where it had done so for years. Interestingly, the Green is 2 acres of prime property with a Gazebo, in the town center that was donated to the town by the Church "for the enjoyment of all".

So now you expect me to believe that you need a nativity scene to pray? :eusa_eh:

Sorry Winthorpe, that just doesn't fly. :thup:

I don't need a toilet to shit either, Herb.

Actually I have. My church was prohibited from displaying it's Nativity scene on the town green where it had done so for years. Interestingly, the Green is 2 acres of prime property with a Gazebo, in the town center that was donated to the town by the Church "for the enjoyment of all".

So now you expect me to believe that you need a nativity scene to pray? :eusa_eh:

Sorry Winthorpe, that just doesn't fly. :thup:

I don't need a toilet to shit either, Herb.

Apparently you don't need a coherent thought to post a thread either.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Who gives a shit what Madison said? Read the 1st amendment and tell me where it justifies laws against prayer in school.

There are no laws against praying in school dummy.

So you wouldn't mind if I walked into your child's classroom and recited the Lord's Prayer?

^Deflection fail.

I'll take this as an acknowledgment on your part that there are indeed NO LAWS against praying in school. :thup:

There are no laws against praying in school dummy.

So you wouldn't mind if I walked into your child's classroom and recited the Lord's Prayer?

^Deflection fail.

I'll take this as an acknowledgment on your part that there are indeed NO LAWS against praying in school. :thup:

Answer the question. Would you mind? How would you react? Wouldn't you, like most anti religionists be calling the ACLU? How would the ACLU frame it's suit?

^Deflection fail.

Answer the question. Would you mind? How would you react? Wouldn't you, like most anti religionists be calling the ACLU? How would the ACLU frame it's suit?

I'll answer your question as soon as you acknowledge that there are no laws against praying in school, or in public anywhere for that matter... or provide evidence of such a law's existence.

Note for the record that Ernie has failed to produce evidence of a single law prohibiting prayer in public, the very thing his OP so passionately railed against.

Up next, Ernie will regale us with a rant about how much he's against laws prohibiting posting red herring fails on the internet. :thup:

^Deflection fail.

Are you basing your argument that there ARE laws against praying in school on mani's reaction to you saying a prayer in school?

Mani may be quite powerful, but I'm not sure that his opinion on an issue will suddenly make a new law materialize.

The United States Supreme Court struck down the Alabama "moment of silence" law. The Court found that the "moment of silence" law had no secular (non-religious) purpose, but did in fact have a religious purpose which was to bring prayer into public schools. The Establishment Clause requires governmental neutrality toward religion. According to the Court, the State of Alabama was not neutral toward religion. The Court held that Alabama was promoting religion and infringing upon individuals' "freedom of conscience."
Was SCOTUS neutral towards religion? It seems to me, an attempt was made in the Alabama law to make concessions to the non religious and thus WAS neutral.

Forum List

Back