The forgotten history and impact of the first black people to set foot in Europe

The truth of history must be told.

The forgotten history and impact of the first black people to set foot in Europe​

The history of black people in Europe is often overlooked, but their presence on the continent dates back to ancient times and their contributions to European society and culture have been significant and enduring.

One of the earliest recorded instances of black people in Europe was in the Roman Empire, where they were brought as slaves from Africa and the Middle East to work as farm laborers, artisans, and soldiers. In the 15th and 16th centuries, during the Age of Exploration, Portuguese colonizers brought black slaves with them to work on plantations and in mines in the Americas and Africa. These slaves were often treated brutally and were not afforded the same rights as their white counterparts.

The African diaspora in Europe brought with it a rich cultural heritage that influenced various aspects of European society and culture. For example, the spread of Islam throughout Africa and the Middle East in the 7th and 8th centuries brought with it a wealth of knowledge and cultural practices that were embraced by many Europeans. The Moors, a group of Muslim inhabitants of the Iberian Peninsula, made important contributions to science, mathematics, and literature, and their influence can still be seen in the architecture and cultural traditions of Spain and Portugal today.
Dude, that history is already "told." None of that is "forgotten." Hell, it was in "History of the World, Part I," which was a satirical comedy that included an African slave in Rome. The satire worked because the audience knew that there were African slaves in Rome, so they weren't thinking, 'why did they have that black guy play a Roman slave? That don't make no sense!'

It is forgotten in public schools, who don't even bother to hide that they are now centers of indoctrination and recruiting. But for those of us who managed to complete that process without losing all literacy, critical thinking, and intellectual curiosity, those basic facts of history are pretty well known.

And much, much, more!

Just out of curiosity, how did you come across this information? I can only imagine what you were google searching on. Keep reading, my dude. Any learning is an improvement.
In addition to the cultural influence of the African diaspora, the transatlantic slave trade also had a profound economic impact on Europe. The trade of African slaves provided a cheap source of labor for European colonizers, and the wealth generated by the slave trade helped to fuel the industrialization of Europe. The slave trade also had a profound impact on the economies of African states, as many were stripped of their most valuable resource: human labor.
Did those African states wish that they had never started the slave trade, then?

Last edited:
Dude, that history is already "told." None of that is "forgotten." Hell, it was in "History of the World, Part I," which was a satirical comedy that included an African slave in Rome. The satire worked because the audience knew that there were African slaves in Rome, so they weren't thinking, 'why did they have that black guy play a Roman slave? That don't make no sense!'

It is forgotten in public schools, who don't even bother to hide that they are now centers of indoctrination and recruiting. But for those of us who managed to complete that process without losing all literacy, critical thinking, and intellectual curiosity, those basic facts of history are pretty well known.

And much, much, more!

Just out of curiosity, how did you come across this information? I can only imagine what you were google searching on. Keep reading, my dude. Any learning is an improvement.

Did those African states wish that they had never started the slave trade, then?
I knew some idiot would try the African slave shit. But since Africans did not create slavery or Jim Crow... And I don't go looking for things like this. Your thinking skills don't exist. You're just another sad white racist loser who thinks that because he's white, he gets to make comments about every other race but it's wrong for your ignorance to get shown to you. Because if your white ass knew so much about history, you know exactly how whites ran the Trans Atlantic Slave trade, how Africans are not responsible for making slavery legal in America, and the slave breeding industry created by whites that created 10 times more black slaves than what came over from Africa. You're ignorant and you're in a place where your ignorance is cosigned.

The truth of history must be told.

The forgotten history and impact of the first black people to set foot in Europe​

The history of black people in Europe is often overlooked, but their presence on the continent dates back to ancient times and their contributions to European society and culture have been significant and enduring.

One of the earliest recorded instances of black people in Europe was in the Roman Empire, where they were brought as slaves from Africa and the Middle East to work as farm laborers, artisans, and soldiers. In the 15th and 16th centuries, during the Age of Exploration, Portuguese colonizers brought black slaves with them to work on plantations and in mines in the Americas and Africa. These slaves were often treated brutally and were not afforded the same rights as their white counterparts.

The African diaspora in Europe brought with it a rich cultural heritage that influenced various aspects of European society and culture. For example, the spread of Islam throughout Africa and the Middle East in the 7th and 8th centuries brought with it a wealth of knowledge and cultural practices that were embraced by many Europeans. The Moors, a group of Muslim inhabitants of the Iberian Peninsula, made important contributions to science, mathematics, and literature, and their influence can still be seen in the architecture and cultural traditions of Spain and Portugal today.

In addition to the cultural influence of the African diaspora, the transatlantic slave trade also had a profound economic impact on Europe. The trade of African slaves provided a cheap source of labor for European colonizers, and the wealth generated by the slave trade helped to fuel the industrialization of Europe. The slave trade also had a profound impact on the economies of African states, as many were stripped of their most valuable resource: human labor.

The Romans made slaves out of the people from every area they conquered and as always you loons focus all your time on Europeans and skip right over the fact that it was African tribesmen that sold their own people to Arabic slave traders.

I knew some idiot would try the African slave shit. But since Africans did not create slavery or Jim Crow... And I don't go looking for things like this. Your thinking skills don't exist. You're just another sad white racist loser who thinks that because he's white, he gets to make comments about every other race but it's wrong for your ignorance to get shown to you. Because if your white ass knew so much about history, you know exactly how whites ran the Trans Atlantic Slave trade, how Africans are not responsible for making slavery legal in America, and the slave breeding industry created by whites that created 10 times more black slaves than what came over from Africa. You're ignorant and you're in a place where your ignorance is cosigned.
Lying racist says wat?

I knew some idiot would try the African slave shit. But since Africans did not create slavery or Jim Crow...
Africans created slavery of Africans. Jim Crow was the Democrats, of course.
And I don't go looking for things like this.
You don't constantly google "history things for me to complain about?"
Your thinking skills don't exist. You're just another sad white racist loser who thinks that because he's white, he gets to make comments about every other race but it's wrong for your ignorance to get shown to you.
I get to make comments about every other race, due to the first amendment and the natural right of free speech that it protects. The 1st Amendment has applied to every race since shortly after Republicans defeated Democrats in the Civil War, AKA the War between Racist Democrats and Freedom-loving Republicans.
Because if your white ass knew so much about history, you know exactly how whites ran the Trans Atlantic Slave trade, how Africans are not responsible for making slavery legal in America, and the slave breeding industry created by whites that created 10 times more black slaves than what came over from Africa.
I already know about that. I'm glad you found that article and learned that African slavery originated with Africans.
You're ignorant and you're in a place where your ignorance is cosigned.
"Cosigned?" I'm sure you are using that word incorrectly. Unless you are asking me to cosign a loan for you? No thanks, not without seeing proof that you have received at least two years of steady welfare checks.

Africans created slavery. Democrats created Jim crow.

Africans created slavery. Democrats created Jim crow.
Africans did not make slavery legal in America and Jim Crow was actually a result of a republican agreement called the 1877 Compromise.

No, but Jews fleeing persecution and the survivors of Byzantium were the driving force of the Islamic “renaissance “ of the early Middle Ages that people-Islamic people always hold up to prove how educated and enlightened the Moors were compared to the dumb Whites. Islam was at least four hundred years old at the time, but it takes a long time to terrorize educated people into accepting a faith that denigrates education and science.
Funny shit that weak minded people like you create in your mind

Africans did not make slavery legal in America and Jim Crow was actually a result of a republican agreement called the 1877 Compromise.
Stop the fucking spin. Africans created slavery it still exist in Africa today. And Jim crow is a democrat creation

Jews created Islam?

In a way, Yes. Mohamed, when he was penning the tenets of his new faith in the Caves of Hira, borrowed heavily from Jewish scripture.

Strict Monotheism, belief in angels and prophets, dietary laws, male circumcision, fixed times for prayers and the separation of the sexes during prayer are all concepts that Mohamed generously borrowed from Judaism.

In many ways, Muslims have much more in common with Jews than do xtians.

Africans created slavery of Africans. Jim Crow was the Democrats, of course.
Rutherford Hayes, a republican, made the agreement that ended Reconstruction.
You don't constantly google "history things for me to complain about?"
I complain about what the government has done just like you do.

I get to make comments about every other race, due to the first amendment and the natural right of free speech that it protects. The 1st Amendment has applied to every race since shortly after Republicans defeated Democrats in the Civil War, AKA the War between Racist Democrats and Freedom-loving Republicans.
And I get to tell you that your opinion is wrong and ignorant. Because you run your mouth talking bullshit about a situation you have never faced. And you ignore the attitudes of other whites like you which create unnecessary hurdle we have to jump that your white --- doesn't.

I already know about that. I'm glad you found that article and learned that African slavery originated with Africans.
Apparently you didn't and you obviously forgot the feudal system of slavery in Europe. Your ignorance consistently shows when you make the comments about Africans and slavery, because Africans didn't ship the Africans over here. Africans did not make slavery legal here. Since whites took the slaves instead of leaving them in Africa, whites are responsible for the slavery here. It doesn't matter what Africans did unless Africans were doing it here.

And I used the word cosigned correctly as it pertains to other idiots repeating and/or agreeing with the same stump stupid crap ylu have posted here.

The Romans made slaves out of the people from every area they conquered and as always you loons focus all your time on Europeans and skip right over the fact that it was African tribesmen that sold their own people to Arabic slave traders.
Africans sold war captives idiot. But all you racists talking about African slavery do so in order to skip over the fact that we don't live in Africa and slavery was made legal here by whites. Africans did not make U.S. laws.

Forum List

Back