The First Album You Ever Bought

Alice Cooper is actually pretty good, too. My brother played him while we were careening around in his Camaro (I was pregnant...I was worried #1 about dying on snowy, windy roads in the winter in the mountains, and #2 somehow affecting my unborn child with Alice Cooper). But I actually liked Alice.

Also loved Ozzy and Black Sabbath.

I still do, but I only blast them when I'm alone....it's my dirty secret.

I got lucky, because I inherited a lot of cool albums from my big sister. The first one I ever bought with my own money was Toys in the Attic when I was in 8th grade, I was a huge Aerosmith fan back then.

my cousins turned me on to a lot of cool music. one of them taught me how to play my first neil young songs (helpless and ohio) on the guitar and the other played Thunder Road for me the first time I ever heard it.

First albums, though? Frampton Comes Alive and Rolling Stones: Hot Rocks.

Framton Comes Alive is a classice. One of the best live albums ever made.

I got lucky, because I inherited a lot of cool albums from my big sister. The first one I ever bought with my own money was Toys in the Attic when I was in 8th grade, I was a huge Aerosmith fan back then.

my cousins turned me on to a lot of cool music. one of them taught me how to play my first neil young songs (helpless and ohio) on the guitar and the other played Thunder Road for me the first time I ever heard it.

It was a good one. Still is. And he was really cute ;)

It was a good one. Still is. And he was really cute ;)

yeah, if he was a girl, I would have married him. :eusa_whistle:

I thought you told me your first album was Bay City Rollers? :lol:

just teasing.

I think my first album was Rocks by aerosmith.

But, it might have been Partridge Family's Greatest....I can't remember exactly.

just teasing.

But, it might have been Partridge Family's Greatest....I can't remember exactly.

Partridge Family? lol...

I love it. David Cassidy was pretty cute too.... :eusa_whistle:

just teasing.

Partridge Family? lol...

I'm not surprised! when you and Echo were girls, I'd bet a wad of cash you all had David Cassidy posters in your bedrooms! :lol:

I'm not surprised! when you and Echo were girls, I'd bet a wad of cash you all had David Cassidy posters in your bedrooms! :lol:

This poster or something like it:

Daltrey208.jpg

Oh geeze. My first was actually a 45... Kenny Rogers Coward of the County... :redface:

First actual *album* was John Cougar's The Kid Inside(John Cougar Mellencamp, John Mellencamp).

It sucked, but damn was he *cute* to a 13 year old kid. :D

Do you remember Kenny Rogers and the First Edition? Their only hit was "Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In." That was aropund 1967-1968.

Wasn't that done by the Electric Prunes?

Oh geeze. My first was actually a 45... Kenny Rogers Coward of the County... :redface:

First actual *album* was John Cougar's The Kid Inside(John Cougar Mellencamp, John Mellencamp).

It sucked, but damn was he *cute* to a 13 year old kid. :D

Do you remember Kenny Rogers and the First Edition? Their only hit was "Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In." That was aropund 1967-1968.

Wasn't that done by the Electric Prunes?
Electric Prunes only had 2 hits. Get Me To The World On Time, and I Had Too Much To Dream Lastnight."

Kenny Rogers and the First Edition did the one I stated earlier. About...1967-1968. Before he went country

Last edited:
OMG! I thought you were kidding. There really WAS an Electric Prunes!!!!!

The Electric Prunes Website

Jillian, if you can..download those 2 songs stated above. They were pretty damn good. I'm surprised they didn't go further than they did as a band.

I found Get Me To The World On Time. Not my kind of thing, but not bad.

When I googled, i said that Pushing Too Hard was The Seeds, though.

OMG! I thought you were kidding. There really WAS an Electric Prunes!!!!!

The Electric Prunes Website

Jillian, if you can..download those 2 songs stated above. They were pretty damn good. I'm surprised they didn't go further than they did as a band.

I found Get Me To The World On Time. Not my kind of thing, but not bad.

When I googled, i said that Pushing Too Hard was The Seeds, though.

Damn...right you are...must be having a senior moment. The other Electric Prunes song was " I Had To Much To Dream Lastnight". That Seeds song was a hit, too.

Last edited:

THIS is why you're my best friend on here jilly! :cool:

THIS is why you're my best friend on here jilly! :cool:

you rock, too, babe! *hugs*

And I mentioned those for your benefit. lol.

just teasing.

Partridge Family? lol...

David-Cassidy-2.jpg

Forum List

Back