They Were There....Then They were Gone

Harry Dresden

Adamantium Member
Dec 15, 2008
L.V...Nev
How about those groups who did something really good,lasted a year or so,and then faded into obscurity...not one hit wonders mind you,had at LEAST 2 great songs or a couple good LP's......example.....

The Electric Prunes.....1967.....I Had To Much To Dream Last Night and Get Me To The World On Time....

Last edited:
Concrete Blonde, man I loved them.

Til' Tuesday, I wanted to be Ami Mann

Does it count if death was the leading cause?

Such as Nirvana, Morphine, Sublime, Blind Melon?

no...because thats the reason.....i was looking for bands that looked good and then broke up for whatever reason....Morphine i liked by the way....

no...because thats the reason.....i was looking for bands that looked good and then broke up for whatever reason....Morphine i liked by the way....

What about bands that didn't actually break up, but just started to suck?

Like Boston for example.

What about bands that didn't actually break up, but just started to suck?

Like Boston for example.

then they go into the category of the ones that started playing at the state fairs....:lol:

? and the Mysterians

96 tears and Don't Break this Heart of Mine.
That was the first group I saw live. It was a little smokey hole in the wall called the Abyssy Club, in Salt Lake City..probably 1966. 96 Tears rocked.

No kidding?

I loved 96 tears when I was a kid.

What it lacked in subtlety, it more than made up for in unrequited love's longing for revenge.

That was the " I wanna be around" (to pick up the pieces) song of my generation.

Forum List

Back