The First Album You Ever Bought

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
I got lucky, because I inherited a lot of cool albums from my big sister. The first one I ever bought with my own money was Toys in the Attic when I was in 8th grade, I was a huge Aerosmith fan back then.

revolver-the beatles
I should clarify. I answered based on, "The first album you ever bought with your own money" I already had all the Beatles albums, having got Mom to buy them for me, before I actually bought my first album with my own money.

First I bought with my own money was 52nd St Billy Joel. Then the Smurfs (I was 10), and then Blondie's Eat to the Beat.

I had other albums, but they were bought by other people for me.

Right, I want to see what you all bought for the first time with your OWN money! I got lucky, because I inherited my sisters albums before I started adding to my own collection.

I just remember thinking how cool I was when I got home, because I went into the record store and payed for that album with my own money.

Right, I want to see what you all bought for the first time with your OWN money! I got lucky, because I inherited my sisters albums before I started adding to my own collection.

I just remember thinking how cool I was when I got home, because I went into the record store and payed for that album with my own money.
Same here, my older half-brother had all the steppenwolf, Elvis, Buddy Holly, all the metal, all of what then was called "hard rock" and all that. My parents had all the country stuff. And I had the Beatles for starters in my own collection.

People used to buy them? :tongue:
Yes! And I still have some! AND a turntable to play them on. I actually, also professionally digitize vinyl records into CDs for folks. Or into mp3's for ipods, etc. When I digitally remaster records, you cannot tell in the finished product. No pops, rumble, nothing but pure sound!

Yes! And I still have some! AND a turntable to play them on. I actually, also professionally digitize vinyl records into CDs for folks. Or into mp3's for ipods, etc. When I digitally remaster records, you cannot tell in the finished product. No pops, rumble, nothing but pure sound!

Oh man, there is NOTHING better than the sound of a record on a turntable. I love all those pops and rumbles, there's just something so, oh, I don't know, cool about it I guess. Good Memories of times gone by maybe?

Oh man, there is NOTHING better than the sound of a record on a turntable. I love all those pops and rumbles, there's just something so, oh, I don't know, cool about it I guess. Good Memories of times gone by maybe?
I can do the remastering WITH the pops and rumble.:lol:

hell I could sing to all the skips in my 78s ! :lol:

Forum List

Back