the firebomb you call a christmas tree

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
first this has nothing to do with the so called war on christmas...this has to do with fire safety....i live in one of the so called 'christmas tree capitals' etc and so forth....

they have been cutting trees out of the fields since the end of october....so those trees are basically fire bombs!!!

this shows a well watered tree vs a dry tree chasing on fire...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNjO3wZDVlA]Christmas Tree Fire - YouTube[/ame]

be careful and be aware that that tree has been cut out of the fields for a while...go to a choose and cut if you can...i hate to be the scrooge but a tree should not be in your house for more than a week or so...check your lights and never use friggin candles....

i dont care how much you water the tree it will need more..

and here is a bit of info...that 65 buck tree.....wholesales for 10 bucks

first this has nothing to do with the so called war on christmas...this has to do with fire safety....i live in one of the so called 'christmas tree capitals' etc and so forth....

they have been cutting trees out of the fields since the end of october....so those trees are basically fire bombs!!!

this shows a well watered tree vs a dry tree chasing on fire...

Christmas Tree Fire - YouTube

be careful and be aware that that tree has been cut out of the fields for a while...go to a choose and cut if you can...i hate to be the scrooge but a tree should not be in your house for more than a week or so...check your lights and never use friggin candles....

i dont care how much you water the tree it will need more..

and here is a bit of info...that 65 buck tree.....wholesales for 10 bucks

i would never ever put a real tree in the home

have not done so for many years

besides being messy

they are dangerous

so dangerous

Always get a fresh cut on the bottom of your tree.....

I remember one of our trees drank up almost 2 gallons of water a day. We check and water in the morning and evening.

I remember one of our trees drank up almost 2 gallons of water a day. We check and water in the morning and evening.

when i was a kid we always had a real tree

it would slowly dry up over the weeks

back then the light bulbs bigger and a lot hotter

you could smell the bulbs when they heated up

--LOL

after Christmas we would take the tree outside in the evening

start a camp fire and toss it it

splendid fireball

Yep. We buy a tree about a week after Thanksgiving and store it out on the back porch in a large bucket of water after making a diagonal cut to the base.

Then, just prior to setting the tree up, I make another cut so that the cut is fresh before I place it in the stand. All of our lights are L.E.D. so that cuts down on the fire potential too.

We use artificial trees and is beneficial for the environment.

Some places recycle your used trees and use them to prevent soil erosion in different parks.

time for the remainder......trees have been shipping since oct 28 or so...large 18 wheelers full of drying out trees on the way to your house....remember fire safety....check your damn fire alarms before new years...watch the strands of lights...use led's if you can...

go to a choose and cut if possible for a reasonable fresh tree....
have a fire extinguisher handy...

Forum List

Back