The Ferguson effect fully operational in Baltimore...police are quitting in huge numbers....

Probably for the best. Replace them (and their brass) with officers the people there want.

We're probably moving towards having white officers for this area, black officers for this area, Asian officers for that area, Muslim officers for that area. That will, of course, exacerbate our Balkanization as like people then move to those areas.

Those who are consumed with dividing people by skin color are getting precisely what they want.

NOPE. The police have tried that tactic of sending mostly black cops to black areas...white ones to white areas...etc etc. We tried it in Atlanta.

Guess what happened? The black cops, NAACP, etc, claimed racism because.....drum roll......the PD only sends black cops to the "Most dangerous areas" while sending white ones to the easier safer zones.
Holy crap, hadn't though of that. It that's the case, I wouldn't exactly be shocked.

Well, the race pimps gotta stay relevant and put food on the table, I guess...

Yep. That's how it went down. I know for a fact Atlanta did it, and LA and St Louis have experimented with it. I'm sure many others have too.

And the result is accusations that white cops always get the easy "cake assignments" while the black cops all get sent to the most dangerous zones where they end up having to go to court more often on their days off because they make so many more arrests.

Notice how many of the lines of cops at some of these protests have had black cops "front and center" of the line, as if their skin color will calm the crowd? How long until a lawyer starts suing and saying you discriminated by putting the minority cops up front closest to the threat.

As I said...a no-win.
Or, a no-lose, depending on your "side"...

:rolleyes-41:

All of the these high crime areas should kick all of the law enforcement and lawabiding out, and see how that works for them...

Yes...the murder rates in Chicago, Baltimore and D.C. make up about half of the murder rate for the entire country in 2015.......the democrats and their support of black lies matter...is getting innocent blacks killed.....

On top of that...Baltimore has every single anti gun law that the anti gunners could come up with short of outright confiscation.........

Baltimore’s shrinking police department

The Baltimore Sun reports that in the year since the death of Freddy Gray, 271 sworn members have left Baltimore’s police department. Only 86 have been hired. The department currently has 284 vacant positions in a force of around 2,300.

It’s not difficult to understand the mass resignations (about 3 every 4 days). Gray’s death was followed by riots in which police officers were told to stand down in the face not just of looting, but of attacks on officers themselves. In addition, six officers have been forced to stand trial on what many feel are trumped up charges, after the city prosecutor basically admitted she was pandering to the mob.

Violent crime began to rise soon after Gray’s death. The trend has continued, with no end in sight. According to the Baltimore Sun:

Violent crime has continued at a staggering clip after reaching a per-capita record last year. In the past 12 months, there has been, on average, nearly a homicide per day. In the past week, the pace has been double that.
The progressives have made their own bed, now they have to sleep in it... Lol

all too often the progressives have made their own beds

but they want others to have to sleep in it

Probably for the best. Replace them (and their brass) with officers the people there want.

We're probably moving towards having white officers for this area, black officers for this area, Asian officers for that area, Muslim officers for that area. That will, of course, exacerbate our Balkanization as like people then move to those areas.

Those who are consumed with dividing people by skin color are getting precisely what they want.

NOPE. The police have tried that tactic of sending mostly black cops to black areas...white ones to white areas...etc etc. We tried it in Atlanta.

Guess what happened? The black cops, NAACP, etc, claimed racism because.....drum roll......the PD only sends black cops to the "Most dangerous areas" while sending white ones to the easier safer zones.
Holy crap, hadn't though of that. It that's the case, I wouldn't exactly be shocked.

Yep. That's how it went down. I know for a fact Atlanta did it, and LA and St Louis have experimented with it. I'm sure many others have too.

And the result is accusations that white cops always get the easy "cake assignments" while the black cops all get sent to the most dangerous zones where they end up having to go to court more often on their days off because they make so many more arrests.

Notice how many of the lines of cops at some of these protests have had black cops "front and center" of the line, as if their skin color will calm the crowd? How long until a lawyer starts suing and saying you discriminated by putting the minority cops up front closest to the threat.

As I said...a no-win.

The best thing the police can do right now is a tactical retreat. Yep. Purposely pull back and let the violent neighborhoods just do what they do.

It's apples and oranges....but....look at Baghdad. Our military was essentially policing Baghdad. And doing a god damn great job. It was relatively stabilized. Economy was starting to function. Voting. Open markets. Civilized stuff. But....some in Baghdad hated our troops. Why? They were in charge. They killed some bad guys. They saturated the high risk areas.

Then....Obama pulled them out. And chaos now ensues. ISIS happened. All that.

Same concept in American cities. The cops can do a great job and some will hate them for it. So pull back and let it go.

Our cops will be better off. Just like our Army and Marine guys are now that they aren't having to be the Baghdad Police and instead are sitting in Germany or North Carolina chillin....still paid. So all the cops who tried to stabilize the ghetto.....can instead go hangout at Starbucks in the suburb and chat with old folks and go hug some babies at the suburban mall. Make all the retirees and soccer mom's grateful that they have these cops to protect them from the chaos they see on TV in the ghetto across the other side of town.

See??? It's best for all.

Yes...the murder rates in Chicago, Baltimore and D.C. make up about half of the murder rate for the entire country in 2015.......the democrats and their support of black lies matter...is getting innocent blacks killed.....

On top of that...Baltimore has every single anti gun law that the anti gunners could come up with short of outright confiscation.........

The Baltimore Sun reports that in the year since the death of Freddy Gray, 271 sworn members have left Baltimore’s police department. Only 86 have been hired. The department currently has 284 vacant positions in a force of around 2,300.

It’s not difficult to understand the mass resignations (about 3 every 4 days). Gray’s death was followed by riots in which police officers were told to stand down in the face not just of looting, but of attacks on officers themselves. In addition, six officers have been forced to stand trial on what many feel are trumped up charges, after the city prosecutor basically admitted she was pandering to the mob.

Violent crime began to rise soon after Gray’s death. The trend has continued, with no end in sight. According to the Baltimore Sun:

Violent crime has continued at a staggering clip after reaching a per-capita record last year. In the past 12 months, there has been, on average, nearly a homicide per day. In the past week, the pace has been double that.
Good stuff. Now maybe they can get some competent police that are not inbred racists or uncle toms.
That's what I was thinking. If they don't want to be good cops quit!

As I said...a no-win.

The best thing the police can do right now is a tactical retreat. Yep. Purposely pull back and let the violent neighborhoods just do what they do.

It's apples and oranges....but....look at Baghdad. Our military was essentially policing Baghdad. And doing a god damn great job. It was relatively stabilized. Economy was starting to function. Voting. Open markets. Civilized stuff. But....some in Baghdad hated our troops. Why? They were in charge. They killed some bad guys. They saturated the high risk areas.

Same concept in American cities. The cops can do a great job and some will hate them for it. So pull back and let it go.

Our cops will be better off. Just like our Army and Marine guys are now that they aren't having to be the Baghdad Police and instead are sitting in Germany or North Carolina chillin....still paid.
Yeah, I think we've been seeing this for a while now, just as many predicted (I know I did, and it wasn't exactly clairvoyant on my part).

As difficult as a cop's job can be, they now have to worry about even an accusation that can (and probably will) turn into a national story, destroy their career and put their family in danger; plus they're doubtlessly now a bigger literal target than they used to be.

Anyone who's paying attention saw this coming. That makes me wonder if they actually care about that.

Cops are human, I can't blame for doing what they're doing in some cases, backing off and picking up the pieces later.

Good stuff. Now maybe they can get some competent police that are not inbred racists or uncle toms.

Yeah man like they should be "good cops"....be like "cool cops" ya know man?? They should like....be like....all cool and not worried about drugs and writing tickets man and...like....be cool bro ya know? And like....dont arrest people for stuff...they should just like..Iike help people and...like....serve ya know? And like....they should like have a rule where...like...like they can't just hit people or shoot em for no reason bro....they should like....only in worst case....they should like always stay in their car til like....like they have so much backup they like don't have to like...you know...dont have to be violent.

Ya bro. That's what cool cops should be like.

As I said...a no-win.

Our cops will be better off. Just like our Army and Marine guys are now that they aren't having to be the Baghdad Police and instead are sitting in Germany or North Carolina chillin....still paid.
Yeah, I think we've been seeing this for a while now, just as many predicted (I know I did, and it wasn't exactly clairvoyant on my part).

As difficult as a cop's job can be, they now have to worry about even an accusation that can (and probably will) turn into a national story, destroy their career and put their family in danger; plus they're doubtlessly now a bigger literal target than they used to be.

Anyone who's paying attention saw this coming. That makes me wonder if they actually care about that.

Cops are human, I can't blame for doing what they're doing in some cases, backing off and picking up the pieces later.

Well you are intelligent and of course saw this coming. It's not complex. It's human nature.

Yeah man like they should be "good cops"....be like "cool cops" ya know man?? They should like....be like....all cool and not worried about drugs and writing tickets man and...like....be cool bro ya know? And like....dont arrest people for stuff...they should just like..Iike help people and...like....serve ya know? And like....they should like have a rule where...like...like they can't just hit people or shoot em for no reason bro....they should like....only in worst case....they should like always stay in their car til like....like they have so much backup they like don't have to like...you know...dont have to be violent.

They shouldn't be militant.

Although how they act in Mayberry might be different than how cops in the hoods act. They may have to be more militant in Detroit. Depends on the crowd.

Whites don't yell at the cops when they arrest our white neighbors. We figure our neighbor can tell it to the judge

They shouldn't be militant.

Although how they act in Mayberry might be different than how cops in the hoods act. They may have to be more militant in Detroit. Depends on the crowd.

Whites don't yell at the cops when they arrest our white neighbors. We figure our neighbor can tell it to the judge

Define "militant". Cops are working in the business of human conflict. Whether it's a clash of million man armies.....or......2 violent thugs attacking 2 cops.....the act of human conflict is a violent thing. Ever seen a UFC fight won by the guy who talked it out and used less violent techniques??

Being anything other than....well...."martial" in your reaction to it could leave you dead.

Based on all I've read and heard about the Baltimore PD it was very poorly managed, a fact which over time has had a fatally corrosive effect. The situation there is analogous to a ship's company which is improperly supervised and poorly disciplined and as such is incapable of surviving a storm. What we are seeing is comparable to crewmen who know their ship is going to sink and are making for shore before the storm hits.

I watched an investigative documentary which clearly revealed that for the past two or more decades the Baltimore PD has functioned mainly as a revenue generating entity whose personnel had grown accustomed to behaving like Cossacks in Czarist Russia. They preyed on the Black community, brutally enforcing the most minor laws and ordinances and imposing fines wherever possible. It is a totally corrupt agency which has been exposed for what it was and if there were any really good cops within its ranks they will suffer right along with the bad ones -- which is the negative aspect of the Thin Blue Line.

Everything in large liberal run cities are poorly managed. That's kinda the point.

all you need to see is what PARTY has run that city for YEARS. their leaders get rich and live high off the hog, the state and people get poorer every year. You couldn't pay me enough to be a police officer there.

but does the people ever LEARN why they are in the condition they are? no they go back and vote for the Democrat. that's what so sad about it.

snip:
Toxic Government by Democrats: Baltimore
The poorest cities in America have one thing in common: decades of monolithic control by the Left.

all of it here:
Toxic Government by Democrats: Baltimore

Based on all I've read and heard about the Baltimore PD it was very poorly managed, a fact which over time has had a fatally corrosive effect. The situation there is analogous to a ship's company which is improperly supervised and poorly disciplined and as such is incapable of surviving a storm. What we are seeing is comparable to crewmen who know their ship is going to sink and are making for shore before the storm hits.

I watched an investigative documentary which clearly revealed that for the past two or more decades the Baltimore PD has functioned mainly as a revenue generating entity whose personnel had grown accustomed to behaving like Cossacks in Czarist Russia. They preyed on the Black community, brutally enforcing the most minor laws and ordinances and imposing fines wherever possible. It is a totally corrupt agency which has been exposed for what it was and if there were any really good cops within its ranks they will suffer right along with the bad ones -- which is the negative aspect of the Thin Blue Line.

democrats tend to act like that toward minorities.....and it isn't just Baltimore.

Democrats do that...then the racists of each color will control their own racial enclaves.......and only come to together when they want to increase the size of the government.....

Wrong end of the stick once again.
Ever heard of 'Chinatown? Little Italy? Little Havana and on and fucking on and on and on!
The people who CHOOSE to live in these basically culturally/ethnic/race self-segregated communities CHOOSE TO!
It's where they feel they belong and are excepted.
It's HUMAN NATURE!!!!!
Any decent honest law abiding negro in the country can, if they choose, pick up and move away from the drug infested shitholes most of them live in.
I recently watched a PBS documentary of a single negro woman with four kids all from 'unknown' fathers. She decided she had had enough of living in the violent drug infested shithole and wanted to take her kids away to a decent safe place to live.
With the help of a local church she was helped to relocate to a small working class community. She was given a job. Her kids were going to a middle class school. Everything was going along fine.
Within six months two of the teenage sons had left and moved back to the shithole they came from.
Then the woman allowed her brother and a friend from the shithole to move in with her.
Then the cops had to be called a few times. Her brother was caught dealing meth to high school kids.
Then after repeated warnings she was evicted and she moved back to the shithole she had left.
She choose to make the bad decisions. No one else did anything but attempt to help her.
She ended up where she really wanted to be.

Wrong end of the stick once again.
Ever heard of 'Chinatown? Little Italy? Little Havana and on and fucking on and on and on!
The people who CHOOSE to live in these basically culturally/ethnic/race self-segregated communities CHOOSE TO!
It's where they feel they belong and are excepted.
It's HUMAN NATURE!!!!!
Any decent honest law abiding negro in the country can, if they choose, pick up and move away from the drug infested shitholes most of them live in.
I recently watched a PBS documentary of a single negro woman with four kids all from 'unknown' fathers. She decided she had had enough of living in the violent drug infested shithole and wanted to take her kids away to a decent safe place to live.
With the help of a local church she was helped to relocate to a small working class community. She was given a job. Her kids were going to a middle class school. Everything was going along fine.
Within six months two of the teenage sons had left and moved back to the shithole they came from.
Then the woman allowed her brother and a friend from the shithole to move in with her.
Then the cops had to be called a few times. Her brother was caught dealing meth to high school kids.
Then after repeated warnings she was evicted and she moved back to the shithole she had left.
She choose to make the bad decisions. No one else did anything but attempt to help her.
She ended up where she really wanted to be.

this is the problem in the United States...it isn't guns....it is the criminal sub culture created by generations of single, teenage mothers with children they don't know how to raise.....with no adult men to be civilized role models for the young males.......

that is why in Japan, the criminals don't shoot each other....they prefer profit...and follow the orders of their bosses....in America...the thug culture creates a violent, murder prone culture that will murder 9 year olds over the gang banger father and shoot each other over insults on facebook.....

People have the right to quit their jobs if they see fit.

Yep.....wow....you have keen incite don't you.....?

And who can blame them having to live in that shit hole…

This fails as a post hoc fallacy, more ignorance and lies from the right.

Forum List

Back