The Fed

Just to give an example of how deeply corrupted our system of government is, here's a question about the fed that opened my eye's several years ago.

The US constitution grants the congress the authority to create money without interest. So why does it borrow from the Federal Reserve, with interest. This was a question a 12yr old asked a politician several years ago. It's on Youtube. I've spent over and hour trying to find it. But it's either buried or they've removed it.
Update: I think this is the girl. (She's Canadian. But their system is about like ours)

The Fed is a criminal organization created by the US government to steal from the American people. It should be immediately disbanded.

The Fed is a criminal organization created by the US government to steal from the American people. It should be immediately disbanded.
Pure

Insane

Nonsense

Pure

Insane

Nonsense

I do this for a living, you have three words that don't mean shit. It speaks for itself how worthless this post is.

What was I referring to that the Fed steals from taxpayers? You don't know, do you? Be honest.

One word, don't ....

LOL, stupid douche

With the FED we have them every 7 years. BTW, the Great Depression, the Great Recession, and the Depression of 2020 were all under the FED's watchful eye.

What Lush knows about economics could be printed on a bubblegum wrapper.

The Fed prints money. They produce nothing, they just print money. That Lesh thinks that's good for the economy is why I keep laughing at her, or it, or whatever "they" are

To keep from depressions occurring, the government borrows trillions more. This causes the USD to lose it's value. Which causes inflation.

The Fed system isn't all bad. What makes it as bad as it is, is how much (and what for) they loan the government money. They'll loan the government money for anything. Gender studies in Pakistan. Welfare for people who just don't want to work.

The feds easy money and big spending politicians is the problem.

None the less, the question still remains. If the government has the authority to create money, interest free, why do they borrow it?
Because creating say $1T in new currency would cause a massive inflationary spiral (Think Germany, Brazil, Italy) causing the currency to become nearly worthless bringing on an economic collapse.

Let's say we get rid of the debt by printing $32T. the current currency supply is about $2.3T so we'd be increasing the supply of money by 1500%. The inflation caused by this would increase that gallon of milk's cost from $2.50 to around $30.

The Fed serves to ensure the money supply is enough to keep the economy moving but not so much that inflation becomes a problem.

The Fed prints money. They produce nothing, they just print money. That Lesh thinks that's good for the economy is why I keep laughing at her, or it, or whatever "they" are
Jesus you are an idiot. Yes it “creates money”. It also makes money disappear when those loans are paid back.

Bet ya didn’t know that did ya “Mr. Economics”

Where's your proof that they've ever done that?
You want proof that the sky is blue?

Hey idiot… if that wasn’t the case we’d have inflation in the thousands of percent instead of single digits.

Don’t showcase your ignorance like that.

I “think “ that avoiding depressions is a great idea… moron

Yup...Currency inflation should be next to zero.
That’s make it tough on homeowners.

Do you realize that (mild 3% etc. )inflation is what makes mortgage payments cheaper as you age

If that's the case then they've failed miserably, and deserve to be abolished.
You are wrong, of course.

Prior to the Fed and the Roosevelt reforms this nation averaged a national depression, recession, or panic every 3-4 years. Regional panics were more frequent and bank runs/collapses were nearly constant.

The fed has served both to reduce the number of events as well as their length and depth. Unless you have a better solution, which, of course, you don't, the fed is here to stay.

That’s make it tough on homeowners.

Do you realize that (mild 3% etc. )inflation is what makes mortgage payments cheaper as you age
Oh, you have to devalue the currency to make your home more valuable?...:uhoh3:

the If there's 3% inflation, then that torpedoes that drivel you puked out about the Fed taking the money they print back out of circulation....Fucking dope can't ever track your own idiotic arguments. :anj_stfu::laugh2:

Forum List

Back