The Ethanol Subsidy

The Ethanol Subsidy

I ain't effin hungry and if it causes big oil to squirm a bit, I am all for it.
It doesn't.

There is no "Big Oil" in the continental lower 48 states. This is one simple fact that the general population can't seem to understand. Independents drill 95% of the wells in this country. Onshore and offshore.

Squirm? That reminds me of an alternative energy conference I attended several years ago.
We were talking to a rep from the bio-diesel industry. He asked if we (crude producers) were nervous about them pushing us out of the energy market. We just busted out laughing. That's just how fucking stupid these folks are.

No, I'm not a mouthpiece for the oil industry. But I am an advocate.

However, I spent 18 months leading an economic development team in an attempt to attract a bio-diesel facility to our community. It was ass-busting work and we were told by the site selection committee that our group of volunteers did a better job than other communities' paid professionals. We weren't chosen for the site, and I'm glad for it.

What I discovered in that 18 months was that such facilities (including ethanol) require massive amounts of electricity, natural gas, fresh water, and a waste disposal infrastructure befitting a small metropolis.

Ethanol and bio-diesel programs were never about cleaner air, reduced oil imports, or sustainability.

It always was and still is about getting that incremental bushel of grain to market.

We are currently diverting 30% of our corn crop toward ethanol production. So much ethanol is produced in the U.S. that we can't get rid of it fast enough.
So what's being done? 20% of all ethanol is exported.

This country has forever sucked the cock of the ag industry, while pummelling the oil and gas industries into submission.

So much attention is being paid to the potential adverse effects of hydraulic fracturing.
Warning bells are going off about the XL pipeline traversing Nebraska.

But nowhere is attention being paid to the decades of polluting farming practices which will continue because farmers are after all, America's sweethearts.

Those "Independent" oil companies to which I referrred are mostly made up of generational families who have fought hard to make a living over the decades. When you were paying $1 a gallon for gasoline in 1999, these people were scrapping along pumping oil at below cost because to stop doing so would have meant the ruin of their legacy.

And what did our government do back then? They allowed foreign countries to dump a cheap commodity within our borders, against international trade laws, simply to curry your vote.

You want cheap oil? Go find it. It's out there isn't it? Go find it.
Fuck you idiots.

There is no "Big Oil" in the continental lower 48 states. This is one simple fact that the general population can't seem to understand. Independents drill 95% of the wells in this country. Onshore and offshore.

Squirm? That reminds me of an alternative energy conference I attended several years ago.
We were talking to a rep from the bio-diesel industry. He asked if we (crude producers) were nervous about them pushing us out of the energy market. We just busted out laughing. That's just how fucking stupid these folks are.

No, I'm not a mouthpiece for the oil industry. But I am an advocate.

However, I spent 18 months leading an economic development team in an attempt to attract a bio-diesel facility to our community. It was ass-busting work and we were told by the site selection committee that our group of volunteers did a better job than other communities' paid professionals. We weren't chosen for the site, and I'm glad for it.

What I discovered in that 18 months was that such facilities (including ethanol) require massive amounts of electricity, natural gas, fresh water, and a waste disposal infrastructure befitting a small metropolis.

Ethanol and bio-diesel programs were never about cleaner air, reduced oil imports, or sustainability.

It always was and still is about getting that incremental bushel of grain to market.

We are currently diverting 30% of our corn crop toward ethanol production. So much ethanol is produced in the U.S. that we can't get rid of it fast enough.
So what's being done? 20% of all ethanol is exported.

This country has forever sucked the cock of the ag industry, while pummelling the oil and gas industries into submission.

So much attention is being paid to the potential adverse effects of hydraulic fracturing.
Warning bells are going off about the XL pipeline traversing Nebraska.

But nowhere is attention being paid to the decades of polluting farming practices which will continue because farmers are after all, America's sweethearts.

Those "Independent" oil companies to which I referrred are mostly made up of generational families who have fought hard to make a living over the decades. When you were paying $1 a gallon for gasoline in 1999, these people were scrapping along pumping oil at below cost because to stop doing so would have meant the ruin of their legacy.

And what did our government do back then? They allowed foreign countries to dump a cheap commodity within our borders, against international trade laws, simply to curry your vote.

You want cheap oil? Go find it. It's out there isn't it? Go find it.
Fuck you idiots.
I'm in the industry, and I can tell you for sure that there's nobody in it losing sleep over ethanol, biodiesel, or any of that other stuff, primarily for the reasons stated above. It's a pipe dream, nothing more.
Which makes me think that anyone with a crackerjack face is ultimately " full of it!"

Besides I know better than your lame denial.
I'm sure you do, dipshit. :rolleyes:

It doesn't.

Which makes me think that anyone with a crackerjack face is ultimately " full of it!"

Tell us more about your know better.

Oh,,, as your lazy cartoon states... "Were you talking to me?" Your industry had its up years. Y'all were greedy and pissed off the gods so as everything turns so does your greedy season. Y'all are done...PERIOD

I just want to point out that the enviromental community was divided on the whole issue of ethanol.

MOSTLY the political power to ram this technolopgy down american's throats was coming from BIG AGRI, and NOT from "the greenies".

Who was the number one spokeman for ethanol?

REPUBLICAN MASTER BOB DOLE

Not exactly an environmentalist, that guy.

It expires at the end of this year and we save about 6 billion a year as a result. I call that a good start, why don't we look at every other subsidy, most of which go to big biz corps who are already sitting on trillions of dollars.

The truth is that ethanol was never an energy saver, it costs more to produce it than it saves in gasoline, and at a time when we need corn to feed ourselves and the rest of the world. It's been on the books for 30 years, and it's about time it got killed.

Politics. As long as Iowa plays such a big role in our national politics, politicians will LOOOOOVE the Ethanol subsidy.

The idea of Ethanol isn't a bad one, but we should be looking at making it from switch grass and agricultural waste, not something people actually need to eat and takes a year to grow. Even cane sugar Ethanol would be an improvement.

It expires at the end of this year and we save about 6 billion a year as a result. I call that a good start, why don't we look at every other subsidy, most of which go to big biz corps who are already sitting on trillions of dollars.

The truth is that ethanol was never an energy saver, it costs more to produce it than it saves in gasoline, and at a time when we need corn to feed ourselves and the rest of the world. It's been on the books for 30 years, and it's about time it got killed.

Politics. As long as Iowa plays such a big role in our national politics, politicians will LOOOOOVE the Ethanol subsidy.

The idea of Ethanol isn't a bad one, but we should be looking at making it from switch grass and agricultural waste, not something people actually need to eat and takes a year to grow. Even cane sugar Ethanol would be an improvement.

Hemp Joe, shit will grow out of a rock and is among the most efficient for ethanol.

Oh,,, as your lazy cartoon states... "Were you talking to me?" Your industry had its up years. Y'all were greedy and pissed off the gods so as everything turns so does your greedy season. Y'all are done...PERIOD
What are you going to replace petroleum with?

Could you try translating this into English?

What are you going to replace petroleum with?

Utopian dreams of course

24204_1284502674581_full.jpg

This confirms that you know fuck all about the subject. Enjoy your FAIL.

I agree totally the problem is the epa has mandated it and the epa has dictatorial powers. the epa is now the most powerfull agency in the gov.
To cut straight to the chase. .... Ya can't stop the ethonol mandate

the ONLY reason any politician is in favor of ethanol or ethanol subsidies can be spelled out quite easily...

C-O-R-N F-A-R-M-E-R V-O-T-E-S

100% true, but geez dude, you don't hafta yell. :eusa_shhh: Money from Big Ag might have something to do with it too.

Looking at the electoral maps, I'm guessing most corn farmers weren't impressed. But I do believe you're spot on about big ag. Follow the money.

Forum List

Back