The EpiPen Alternative That Costs Just $10

...If you think tar and feathering is OK for people charing more than what you think they should charge, perhaps the parents that won't do the very least for the kids they produce should have the same done to them. If you won't do for you own kids what is considered the basics, you're the worst type POS that exists.
There's a reason why gouging people is illegal.

The worst type POS is someone who allows children to suffer just to pad their wallet. Yes, people deserve the fruits of their labors, but that wasn't what they were doing.

Why Did Mylan Hike EpiPen Prices 400%? Because They Could

The bigger picture, of course, is the long term effects on the nation as a whole, both the common welfare and the national defense.

It's not gouging simply because someone doesn't like the price. The only ones allowing children to suffer where the parents.

...If you think tar and feathering is OK for people charing more than what you think they should charge, perhaps the parents that won't do the very least for the kids they produce should have the same done to them. If you won't do for you own kids what is considered the basics, you're the worst type POS that exists.

The worst type POS is someone who allows children to suffer just to pad their wallet. Yes, people deserve the fruits of their labors, but that wasn't what they were doing.

The bigger picture, of course, is the long term effects on the nation as a whole, both the common welfare and the national defense.
You make it sound like there is no other choice than to buy an epipen

In fact epipens aren't needed at all

The EpiPen is more convenient but it's not the only way. You are correct.

The EpiPen is more convenient but it's not the only way. You are correct.
Only something like 2.5% of the population have allergies sever enough to warrant treating with epinephrine.

The epipen is a niche product that is convenient yes but by no means is it essential

Get the best deals on auto-injectors to stop severe allergic reactions

By Ginger Skinner

Last updated: February 03, 2017

Good news: Now you can get an EpiPen alternative known as generic Adrenaclick for as little as $10 for a two-pack at CVS—and you don't need insurance to get it.

What's more, there are other alternatives such as generic EpiPen and Auvi-Q—a third competitor soon back on the market— that you can get for free, depending on your insurance and manufacturer coupons.

EpiPen's manufacturer, Mylan Pharmaceuticals, has steadily increased the price of a two-pack over several years to $600 or more—even for people with insurance. The sharply higher price shocked parents last summer when they went to buy EpiPen devices for their children for the new school year.

Just for your information. Most likely you or someone you know has a severe allergy to something.

Can you use EBT to get them. Freeloaders everywhere want to know.

I really don't know, try it. Or you might want to pay 600 for the EpiPens, but if you do that would be foolish.

I don't use epinephrine or food stamps. Don't need the former and am willing to support myself so not to rely on the latter to do for me what I do for myself.

I'm sure the MediCAID freeloaders are curious.

Good for you. You don't need epinephine. :clap2:

But are you willing to pay 60 times more than the cost of a generic for a brand name product?

The Epipen is more convenient to use. That doesn't mean there haven't been alternatives. People whined about the cost because they didn't WANT to use the alternatives.

I don't use epinephrine or food stamps. Don't need the former and am willing to support myself so not to rely on the latter to do for me what I do for myself.

I'm sure the MediCAID freeloaders are curious.
Nonetheless, a child in need shouldn't have to pay for the faults of their parents.

Unless I got the pussy that child came out of, it's not my responsibility because his/her parents are faulty. It doesn't default to those that didn't produce the child because those that did refuse to do their job.
Where does the line of "not my responsibility" and "the common welfare" cross? How about "common defence"?

Common defense is explained in several clauses of Article I, Section 8. It crosses when those creating a child do so. It becomes their responsibility. I don't expect anyone to care for my children or when they actually were under my care when younger. I did so for many reasons but primarily because I was part of producing them. By expecting those that have the child to care for it because they had it, I'm not asking them to do anything that I haven't already done. Isn't caring for your own children one of the basic responsibilities in life? If they can't do that, I suppose we can't expect much of anything from those people.

The sad part is many people that have multiple children do so despite being unable to support the ones they already have. I've yet to have anyone explain to me how they thing having more is going to help things. I guess if certain ideologies continue to hand those parents things when taking such an action they have no reason to stop.

If someone who makes $5 per hour has a child who has anaphylactic reactions to bees, without insurance, they will need to work for 3 weeks to pay for the Epipen. And during that 3 weeks, they will not be able to afford food or pay for rent.

Are you in favor of just letting the child either die or starve to death? And do you consider the parent to be irresponsible because they only are paid $5 per hour?

Let them send you bill or you personally provide the food. Problem solved.

Yes I do consider it to be irresponsible to only be paid $5/hour. If the only skills an adults has makes them $5/hour, it's not because of the employer but because they have such low skills.

The Epipen is more convenient to use. That doesn't mean there haven't been alternatives. People whined about the cost because they didn't WANT to use the alternatives.

Wow, you're such a tool of big government. There are only two companies that are allowed to sell the generic drug of adrenalin, so there's no meaningful competition. Stop being a damn fool and pretending there are "alternatives".

Insurance companies are so regulated that again there's no meaningful competition. A doctor writes a prescription for an Epipen, the patient gets an Epipen at about the same cost as any competing product, because the insurance company has to pay the difference, the you, the tragedy of the commons, thinks drugs are cheap and you are clueless as to why insurance costs so much, except they must be gouging.

So, you, a lame excuse for a conservative, thinks the solution to expensive medical care is government subsidized savings accounts, because that's what your neocon masters tell you is the solution instead of Obamacare's subsidized insurance.

The solution is Deregulation, Deregulation, Deregulation. Allow everyone to sell adrenaline, just like everyone can sell apple juice. Allow insurance companies to refuse to pay for more expensive drugs within a drug category. And, stop being a damn fool saying stupid cr1p like "People whined about the cost because they didn't WANT to use the alternatives." For a while, you couldn't get any adrenaline for under several hundred dollars a package. And, it's only the public outcry and threat of federal action that has caused these two companies to provide less insanely expensive options.

Wow, you're such a tool of big government. There are only two companies that are allowed to sell the generic drug of adrenalin, so there's no meaningful competition. Stop being a damn fool and pretending there are "alternatives".

Insurance companies are so regulated that again there's no meaningful competition. A doctor writes a prescription for an Epipen, the patient gets an Epipen at about the same cost as any competing product, because the insurance company has to pay the difference, the you, the tragedy of the commons, thinks drugs are cheap and you are clueless as to why insurance costs so much, except they must be gouging.

So, you, a lame excuse for a conservative, thinks the solution to expensive medical care is government subsidized savings accounts, because that's what your neocon masters tell you is the solution instead of Obamacare's subsidized insurance.

The solution is Deregulation, Deregulation, Deregulation. Allow everyone to sell adrenaline, just like everyone can sell apple juice. Allow insurance companies to refuse to pay for more expensive drugs within a drug category. And, stop being a damn fool saying stupid cr1p like "People whined about the cost because they didn't WANT to use the alternatives." For a while, you couldn't get any adrenaline for under several hundred dollars a package. And, it's only the public outcry and threat of federal action that has caused these two companies to provide less insanely expensive options.

Where did I say the solution for expensive medical care is government subsidized savings accounts? When you can show that, I'll address the rest of it. Until then, go fuck yourself.

Common defense is explained in several clauses of Article I, Section 8.

Okay, but where does that say we have to defend Saudi Arabia?

Because if you just had a military that defended the United States, it wouldn't be a very big one. We'd spend less than 1% of GDP on defense, just like all the other democracies do.

Right next to the part where it says food stamps, healthcare, government housing, etc.

If the people that constantly demand someone else provide the basics in life for them would do something for themselves for once in their lives, spending on social welfare would be nothing. If people like you that think they deserve someone else's money would do for them what you say they deserve, same thing.

Not my problem you don't like the amount being spent but spending it to DEFEND is DEFENSE and it is a specifically delegated power for Congress. If you're going to argue a point, argue the fundamentals not "I don't like it so it must be wrong".

Unless I got the pussy that child came out of, it's not my responsibility because his/her parents are faulty. It doesn't default to those that didn't produce the child because those that did refuse to do their job.

Too bad you really don't have any say in the matter, Cleetus.

You will pay your taxes and they will go to poor kids.

Too bad I have to do it on your behalf because you aren't willing to do so. Makes me superior to you, leech.

Like I said, son, you disliking it doesn't equate to poorly written. You sound like kid saying I don't like it so it's wrong.

Perhaps you should move on if you don't like it here.

Naw, we are going to fix this country and pound you dumb ass rednecks into the dirt for your own good...

We? You aren't going to do anything but kiss Obama's black ass, BOY. You couldn't pound yourself much less anyone else.

Right next to the part where it says food stamps, healthcare, government housing, etc.

If the people that constantly demand someone else provide the basics in life for them would do something for themselves for once in their lives, spending on social welfare would be nothing. If people like you that think they deserve someone else's money would do for them what you say they deserve, same thing.

Hey, pass a law providing everyone have a job, and that no one can have more than their fair share, then we can chat.

The 1% who control 43% of the wealth didn't earn that.. someone else did the work and they reaped the profits.

Hey, pass a law providing everyone have a job, and that no one can have more than their fair share, then we can chat.

The 1% who control 43% of the wealth didn't earn that.. someone else did the work and they reaped the profits.

That's how business works. Those that provide the jobs and take the risk reap a benefit. Don't like it, keep a job for a change.

I see you use the typical fair share bullshit argument. If the only skills someone has is using a broom, a toilet brush, and garbage bag, if they get paid $5/hour, that's more than their fair share.

You don't wan to talk. You want the low/no skilled person to make the same as the highly educated, high skilled person. Not going to happen. If those low skilled people think they can do better, let them try. If they could, they would. Since they haven't, they can't.

We? You aren't going to do anything but kiss Obama's black ass, BOY. You couldn't pound yourself much less anyone else.

Again, guy, at the rate Trump is failing, you guys will be gone sooner than you think.

Yet more than 1000 Democrats lost seats while Obama was in office. You can make excuses and blame it on all sorts of things. That doesn't change that it happened. So funny you can't do a damn thing about it but say you're going to do something that the past 7 years has proven you didn't do.

That's how business works. Those that provide the jobs and take the risk reap a benefit. Don't like it, keep a job for a change.

Except the rich don't provide jobs, consumer demand does. The rich merely benefit, Possum Catcher.

I see you use the typical fair share bullshit argument. If the only skills someone has is using a broom, a toilet brush, and garbage bag, if they get paid $5/hour, that's more than their fair share.

Hey, the thing is, those are valuable services. I mean I know you are used to shitting in an outhouse back with Mary Sue, but most of us like clean, sanitary facilities.

You don't wan to talk. You want the low/no skilled person to make the same as the highly educated, high skilled person. Not going to happen. If those low skilled people think they can do better, let them try. If they could, they would. Since they haven't, they can't.

I think anyone who works for a living should have the right to a fair wage, and they should have reasonable work protections.

The country actually works better when you have those things. There's a reason why we had our greatest prosperity when we had our greatest level of unionization.

Except the rich don't provide jobs, consumer demand does. The rich merely benefit, Possum Catcher.

Hey, the thing is, those are valuable services. I mean I know you are used to shitting in an outhouse back with Mary Sue, but most of us like clean, sanitary facilities.

I think anyone who works for a living should have the right to a fair wage, and they should have reasonable work protections.

The country actually works better when you have those things. There's a reason why we had our greatest prosperity when we had our greatest level of unionization.

No one said demand wasn't part of it. You have to have demand in order for someone with the financial ability to hire others. Are you saying poor people are hiring others?

They are valuable. About $5/hour is the value of that level of skill.

If you have $5/hour skills and you get paid $5/hour, that's a fair wage. What's unfair about being paid what your skills are worth. By the way, unless you're do the paying with your money, you don't get to determine what I think those skills are worth. If you want to hire someone to do things a 5 year old kid can do and pay them $15/hr, do it with your money.

There's a reason the cost of living is so high in places where unions are prevalent. If someone makes twice as much per hour but the cost of living is twice as high, does that really mean the person is doing something more? No, but you don't understand basic economics or math.

Forum List

Back