The enfeebling of America

Sorry bout that,

1. How did Russia interfere with the election taking money from Hillary to create that dossier?
2. Thats it!
3. Everybody wanted Hillary to lose, even the Russians, she was threatening Russia.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Trump took office on a wave of optimism that he would Make America Great Again, instead he has weakened our global standing and cut off economic ties

Can anyone doubt that his policies, combined with the president's insulting, mendacious, selectively obsequious words and behavior, will have the consequence of leaving the United States vastly weaker than it was before his election?

Excellent read and I bet not a single one of these POTUS apologists bothered to read the article but are happy to post their Breitbart BS to defend the Cheeto in Chief.

Trump took office on a wave of optimism that he would Make America Great Again, instead he has weakened our global standing and cut off economic ties

Can anyone doubt that his policies, combined with the president's insulting, mendacious, selectively obsequious words and behavior, will have the consequence of leaving the United States vastly weaker than it was before his election?
Oops, sorry. Thought it was a Nancy Pelosi thread.

its ALL moot , just so the USA can kick ALL the worlds combined azzez then its all cool in my opinion RWinger .
That is not the way you kick ass

Isolationism just means the game goes on without you
Which is why China is running like a scared little girl to the WTO.
What have we gained from our trade war?

Consumers make up the difference
What trade war?
When did it start?

Too naive a question
Shows you have ignored economic news
--------------------------- economic news . everyone i know is doing fine economically and more importantly they eat well everyday RWinger .

its ALL moot , just so the USA can kick ALL the worlds combined azzez then its all cool in my opinion RWinger .

What trade war?
When did it start?
----------------------------------------- i share and ask the same questions that Indeependent asks RWinger .

What trade war?
When did it start?

Too naive a question
--------------------------- economic news . everyone i know is doing fine economically and more importantly they eat well everyday RWinger .

Yup. All my friends are doing real well and people are hiring all over my area.

Hell. I just bought a new truck. Couldn't be doing better.

Guess RWer will ride that leaky blue boat straight to the bottom as she mourns for Barry boy and spends all her time critizing Trump. LOL

This, however, is exactly what President Trump is doing. His statements and policies clearly weaken and undermine America. They might not amount to national suicide, but they do point in the direction of intentional self-harm.

Trump's America-weakening words and deeds are not mistakes. George W. Bush's Iraq War was a mistake. Barack Obama's Libya intervention was a mistake. Both policies were undertaken with the intention of furthering American interests and the well-being of those who reside within the countries themselves. That turned out to be wrong, but the failure shows only that those who crafted and executed the policies made an error (or several of them).

"This isn't supposed to happen. Political leaders are supposed to act to advance their country's interests. Sure they can fail, making mistakes and misjudgments that lead to detrimental consequences. But they aren't supposed to act in ways that will obviously and deliberately damage the political community."

I don't think he's doing it deliberately. I think he's simply intellectually paralyzed by his absolute commitment to his mis-led "base", and simply has no understanding or appreciation of the political or historical context of his actions.

"By elevating Donald Trump to the White House, the United States has opted in favor of its own decline. Historians of the future will need to answer the complicated question of how and why it happened."

This isn't a big mystery. Trump's presence is merely a symptom of a much larger issue. Those we choose to "lead" us are a reflection of our society. So, in that way, Trump seems a fairly appropriate choice right now, and that should concern us.

Last edited:

What trade war?
When did it start?

Too naive a question

Yup. All my friends are doing real well and people are hiring all over my area.

Hell. I just bought a new truck. Couldn't be doing better.

Guess RWer will ride that leaky blue boat straight to the bottom as she mourns for Barry boy and spends all her time critizing Trump. LOL
--------------------------------------- thats why i say , just so the USA can kick the worlds combined azzez if we have to then everything is cool . People buying new durable goods like expensive trucks and TOYS like expensive motorcycles . And most importantly everyone eats well and and dresses for the weather and every lefty thinks that they are an expert on the economy while the USA just chugs along . Best Nation and Society in the world just keeps getting better and better.

This, however, is exactly what President Trump is doing. His statements and policies clearly weaken and undermine America. They might not amount to national suicide, but they do point in the direction of intentional self-harm.

Trump's America-weakening words and deeds are not mistakes. George W. Bush's Iraq War was a mistake. Barack Obama's Libya intervention was a mistake. Both policies were undertaken with the intention of furthering American interests and the well-being of those who reside within the countries themselves. That turned out to be wrong, but the failure shows only that those who crafted and executed the policies made an error (or several of them).

The bigger picture is what W and O have done to the ME and the precarious position we are now in due to their errors .

The bigger picture is what W and O have done to the ME and the precarious position we are now in due to their errors .
The Middle East has been in political turmoil for 70 years

The Middle East has been in political turmoil for 70 years

I agree and nothing anyone can do short of nuking that place will ever change it.

What trade war?
When did it start?

Too naive a question
I read TheHill and Politico every day.
Answer the questions.

What trade war?
When did it start?
----------------------------------------- i share and ask the same questions that Indeependent asks RWinger .
RWer is an idiot.
Thinks imposing a tariff destroys the world in less than a week.
What a schmuck.

If Obama hadn't enfeebled America, why would Trump need to make it great again?

Yes but........

Obama took office on a wave of optimism originating in the phrase "Hope and Change"., instead he filled the pockets of the investor class while weakening the middle class resulting in the largest and fastest concentration of wealth in U.S. History.

Can anyone doubt that his policies, combined with the president's insulting, mendacious, and selectively obsequious words and two faced behavior, will have the consequence of leaving the United States vastly weaker than it was before his election?

What trade war?
When did it start?
RWer is an idiot.
What a schmuck.
Who said a week?

It creates unnecessary economic turmoil unnecessarily

What trade war?
When did it start?
RWer is an idiot.
What a schmuck.
Who said a week?

It creates unnecessary economic turmoil unnecessarily
------------------------------------------- for WHO , eh ??

Yes but........

Obama took office on a wave of optimism originating in the phrase "Hope and Change"., instead he filled the pockets of the investor class while weakening the middle class resulting in the largest and fastest concentration of wealth in U.S. History.

Can anyone doubt that his policies, combined with the president's insulting, mendacious, and selectively obsequious words and two faced behavior, will have the consequence of leaving the United States vastly weaker than it was before his election?
Obama kept us out of a depression, passed universal healthcare and got us out of two wars

Plenty of hope and change

Forum List

Back