The Enemies Of The American People: The Media

Great thread.. I heard it also. He voices what the majority of Americans think and feel. The Main Sleaze Media are nothing but State addicted Propagandists and a sworn enemy of democracy and the American people.

For what it's worth, I don't think the media's goal is to "destroy America" or damage it somehow. It's been my experience (and I have plenty of it) that most of the people in the media feel like they're doing quite the opposite. They're on a mission to "bring The Truth" to America -- and of course, for a vast majority of them, The Truth has a decidedly left wing perspective.

That's why it's so easy for them to angle their reporting in the way they do. Over the last few decades, the media has decided (and the American Left agrees) that it has the responsibility of identifying "The Truth" in any given story, and then reporting the story from that perspective.

I know it sounds crazy, but I believe they're sincere. They've just spent the last couple of generations confusing The Truth with objectively reporting the story. And of course, "The Truth" is nothing more than "my opinion based on my own biases".

So, in this case, it's "The Truth" that Obama should win, that's what's best for us, and that's how they're proceeding. Really. Seriously.

Last edited:
Umm Fox is the media as well.

And yes I agree the media has been no friend to America for a couple of decades.

Great thread.. I heard it also. He voices what the majority of Americans think and feel. The Main Sleaze Media are nothing but State addicted Propagandists and a sworn enemy of democracy and the American people.

I didn't think I'd ever see the day that Pat Caddell would talk like that against the Democrat cheerleader squad.

For what it's worth, I don't think the media's goal is to "destroy America" or damage it somehow. It's been my experience (and I have plenty of it) that most of the people in the media feel like they're doing quite the opposite. They're on a mission to "bring The Truth" to America -- and of course, for a vast majority of them, The Truth has a decidedly left wing perspective.

That's why it's so easy for them to angle their reporting in the way they do. Over the last few decades, the media has decided (and the American Left agrees) that it has the responsibility of identifying "The Truth" in any given story, and then reporting the story from that perspective.

I know it sounds crazy, but I believe they're sincere. They've just spent the last couple of generations confusing The Truth with objectively reporting the story. And of course, "The Truth" is nothing more than "my opinion based on my own biases".

Sorry, I don't buy that line of horseshit for a second. Candy Crowley KNEW she purposely lied, so much so that not even 25 minutes after the debate she came back and said so.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X_-QDmzxPA]MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell Caught Blatantly Lying & Distorting The Truth About Mitt Romney - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lyEOLtUhCM]MSNBC Caught Doctoring Clip From Romney/Ryan Rally - YouTube[/ame]
https://startthinkingright.wordpres...-talking-points-to-argue-with-romney-adviser/

I could literally spend all day long noting links of the LEFTIST HACK media purposely lying..

So, in this case, it's "The Truth" that Obama should win, that's what's best for us, and that's how they're proceeding. Really. Seriously.

You would call me a "left winger," but I mostly agree. I would say that the video in the OP was fairly worthless, though, since the personalities on it were carrying water to get their paycheck from the right wing sponsorship. And this is the problem, isn't it? The airwaves are now dominated by "news for profit." That used to be more regulated in the past, and we were once better served.

Now, you can't trust anything at all you hear in the media.

This Bengazi thing is a case in point. One side (the right wing, predictably) cries "foul!" at the merest hint of an opportunity to gain political points and damage Obama. The left wing (predictably) gazes at their shoes and says, "there is no story here."

The same thing happened with Bush, but it played the other way. When he went into Iraq with no proof at all of any WMD, the left wing claimed the media was covering for the Bush administration (they apparently did, too). The right wing made excuses.

Americans select the news they believe based upon what they want to believe--and the media happily sells it to them.

Bad times, indeed.

Sorry, I don't buy that line of horseshit for a second. Candy Crowley KNEW she purposely lied, so much so that not even 25 minutes after the debate she came back and said so.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X_-QDmzxPA]MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell Caught Blatantly Lying & Distorting The Truth About Mitt Romney - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lyEOLtUhCM]MSNBC Caught Doctoring Clip From Romney/Ryan Rally - YouTube[/ame]
https://startthinkingright.wordpres...-talking-points-to-argue-with-romney-adviser/

I could literally spend all day long noting links of the LEFTIST HACK media purposely lying..

You're missing the point. The end justifies the means when you have "The Truth" on your side. So when a media member twists the facts or is intellectually dishonest about something, it's okay, they're just trying to give us "The Truth", because we need to be spoonfed. Or something.

Of course, both ends of the spectrum love doing that.

If you haven't seen Pat Caddell's interview, it is incredible. This guy has been a Democrat since McGovern and literally blasts his cohorts in the media.

Media coverage of attack in Libya called into question | Fox News Video

Totally love this guy.
First saw him on Hannity's show I f I remember correctly.
The media is so in the tank for Obama it's disgusting.

Hannity is a glaring example of why American media is no longer reputable. He clearly works for the Republican Party, but his shows pass as "news." And Chris Matthews is similarly so on the other side. I see both Hannity and Matthews as whores that should be immediatly removed from the airwaves. They are destroying this country to line their own pockets.

You would call me a "left winger," but I mostly agree. I would say that the video in the OP was fairly worthless, though, since the personalities on it were carrying water to get their paycheck from the right wing sponsorship. And this is the problem, isn't it? The airwaves are now dominated by "news for profit." That used to be more regulated in the past, and we were once better served.

This Bengazi thing is a case in point. One side (the right wing, predictably) cries "foul!" at the merest hint of an opportunity to gain political points and damage Obama. The left wing (predictably) gazes at their shoes and says, "there is no story here."

The same thing happened with Bush, but it played the other way. When he went into Iraq with no proof at all of any WMD, the left wing claimed the media was covering for the Bush administration (they apparently did, too). The right wing made excuses.

Americans select the news they believe based upon what they want to believe--and the media happily sells it to them.

Bad times, indeed.

YES, which is why you have people living on two different freakin' planets. Watch one hour of MSNBC "news" and one hour of Fox "news" and they may not even cross paths ONCE on their reporting. It's madness.

And you're right, bad times indeed.

You're missing the point. The end justifies the means when you have "The Truth" on your side. So when a media member twists the facts or is intellectually dishonest about something, it's okay, they're just trying to give us "The Truth", because we need to be spoonfed. Or something.

Of course, both ends of the spectrum love doing that.

Willfully LYING is PURPOSEFUL propaganda.. You can try and spin it all day long.. A fucking lie is a fucking lie and when you PURPOSELY lie, you mean to deceive..

I didn't think I'd ever see the day that Pat Caddell would talk like that against the Democrat cheerleader squad.

Pat Caddell is a "designated Liberal" that gets his paychecks from Fox News and their many affiliates. He is doing what he is PAID to do.

I tend to agree that the majority of MSM think they are "sticking it to the man"... and in this case the man is the wealthy, 1% capitalism, profits, etc. and the think they are defending (in their minds the "little people", i.e. workers..)!

My 1960s college journalism fellow students who are NOW mid-level producers/editors of MSM were for the most of them part like me hangers on the fringe of Students for Democratic Society and it's anarchy fringe "weathermen". So that "stick it to the man" mentality for many was never outgrown!
And so today these producers/editors write headlines biased against GOP/Conservatives.. even though these juvenile editors/producers drive SUVs, live in the burbs.. basically doing what their MSM bias rails against!

So rather then "destroying America" thank goodness for AlGore's internet, these editors/producers headline writing influences are diminishing as more of us are getting less biased information!

Truly, the media is our enemy and no longer the trusted clarion of truth and information for the American people. Pat Caddell is spot on to be angry and disgusted and to see the Press as an actual dangerous enemy to the people of this country!

I posted this prior, because with this Benghazi incident I too see the Press as the actual problem to our political landscape...THEY are the key to getting our country back on track.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Our Press was provided for in the Constitution a special freedom in order that they would be free from bias and thereby offer a protection to the citizens of this country. They have failed miserably in their calling. There is ample evidence of their liberal bias. They are all gun-ho to go after any conservative- some of it valid some of it faux
hysteria and some of it out right smear... Yet they are loathe to treat liberals, especially Obama, with the same resolve and fierceness.

They are likewise quick to brand conservatives like the TEA Party and yet loathe to do the same to the Occupiers. They are quick to call conservatives racist and yet laugh and mock and encourage attacks of black conservatives... the hypocrisy and double standard is not merely despicable it is traitorous to their calling and the privileges it offers.

Politicians of all persuasions are susceptible to corrupting influences. That is why our Press need to be unbiased in their hard news reporting. I am not saying opinion is not valid. But opinion needs to be left on the 4th page in the editorial section. The only way to get our political landscape back to anything resembling healthy, is to hold our Press to account... THAT is really the road to political recovery in this country- the only way to soothe the partisan monster that represents the political landscape today.

The problem is that the masses have been numbed to the bias. We are no longer free to think and have our own personal beliefs and biases for fear of being branded. We are being marginalized as extremists if we don't share in liberal group think- even though the far left represent only a small percentage of the population, that percentage also includes the media. A media that have the influential power over the information being dispensed. WE need to wake up the masses by being relentless in our criticism and accusations of the media.

Bad times, indeed.

YES, which is why you have people living on two different freakin' planets. Watch one hour of MSNBC "news" and one hour of Fox "news" and they may not even cross paths ONCE on their reporting. It's madness.

And you're right, bad times indeed.

And BBC is a totally different third path.

Forum List

Back