The Enemies Of The American People: The Media

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vel, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. LadyGunSlinger

LadyGunSlinger Conservative Babe Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,196
    Great thread.. I heard it also. He voices what the majority of Americans think and feel. The Main Sleaze Media are nothing but State addicted Propagandists and a sworn enemy of democracy and the American people.

3. Mac1958

Mac1958 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,472

For what it's worth, I don't think the media's goal is to "destroy America" or damage it somehow. It's been my experience (and I have plenty of it) that most of the people in the media feel like they're doing quite the opposite. They're on a mission to "bring The Truth" to America -- and of course, for a vast majority of them, The Truth has a decidedly left wing perspective.

That's why it's so easy for them to angle their reporting in the way they do. Over the last few decades, the media has decided (and the American Left agrees) that it has the responsibility of identifying "The Truth" in any given story, and then reporting the story from that perspective.

I know it sounds crazy, but I believe they're sincere. They've just spent the last couple of generations confusing The Truth with objectively reporting the story. And of course, "The Truth" is nothing more than "my opinion based on my own biases".

So, in this case, it's "The Truth" that Obama should win, that's what's best for us, and that's how they're proceeding. Really. Seriously.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  4. Rozman

Rozman Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,688
    Totally love this guy.
    First saw him on Hannity's show I f I remember correctly.
    The media is so in the tank for Obama it's disgusting.

5. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Umm Fox is the media as well.

And yes I agree the media has been no friend to America for a couple of decades.

6. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    I didn't think I'd ever see the day that Pat Caddell would talk like that against the Democrat cheerleader squad.

7. LadyGunSlinger

LadyGunSlinger Conservative Babe Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,196
    Sorry, I don't buy that line of horseshit for a second. Candy Crowley KNEW she purposely lied, so much so that not even 25 minutes after the debate she came back and said so.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X_-QDmzxPA]MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell Caught Blatantly Lying & Distorting The Truth About Mitt Romney - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lyEOLtUhCM]MSNBC Caught Doctoring Clip From Romney/Ryan Rally - YouTube[/ame]
    https://startthinkingright.wordpres...-talking-points-to-argue-with-romney-adviser/

I could literally spend all day long noting links of the LEFTIST HACK media purposely lying..

8. Freemason9

Freemason9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +458
    You would call me a "left winger," but I mostly agree. I would say that the video in the OP was fairly worthless, though, since the personalities on it were carrying water to get their paycheck from the right wing sponsorship. And this is the problem, isn't it? The airwaves are now dominated by "news for profit." That used to be more regulated in the past, and we were once better served.

Now, you can't trust anything at all you hear in the media.

This Bengazi thing is a case in point. One side (the right wing, predictably) cries "foul!" at the merest hint of an opportunity to gain political points and damage Obama. The left wing (predictably) gazes at their shoes and says, "there is no story here."

The same thing happened with Bush, but it played the other way. When he went into Iraq with no proof at all of any WMD, the left wing claimed the media was covering for the Bush administration (they apparently did, too). The right wing made excuses.

Americans select the news they believe based upon what they want to believe--and the media happily sells it to them.

Bad times, indeed.

9. Mac1958

Mac1958 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,472

You're missing the point. The end justifies the means when you have "The Truth" on your side. So when a media member twists the facts or is intellectually dishonest about something, it's okay, they're just trying to give us "The Truth", because we need to be spoonfed. Or something.

Of course, both ends of the spectrum love doing that.

10. Freemason9

Freemason9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +458
    Hannity is a glaring example of why American media is no longer reputable. He clearly works for the Republican Party, but his shows pass as "news." And Chris Matthews is similarly so on the other side. I see both Hannity and Matthews as whores that should be immediatly removed from the airwaves. They are destroying this country to line their own pockets.