The End of Identity Liberalism

I have to admit that I've consistently been one to talk about the echo chamber on the Right, while not fully seeing the bubble on the Left.

Again, though, it's nice to know that the pushback has been as large as it has. I really underestimated how many agreed with me.

Well you're not to blame for purposefully-sculpted "polling" data aimed at fooling the public into thinking the herd wanted the perversions on the left. The herd spoke. And hence why all government now is owned by the GOP.
Yeah, but holy crap, the polls were relatively close in 2012.

I think the honest lefty below nails it - the "underground" vote for Trump, those who didn't admit to pollsters they were voting for him, was much bigger than anyone realized.

15_zpsahqx1fvw.gif~original
I don't believe that bullshit 'underground' excuse that the pollsters are using to cover for the fact that they royally fucked up. I do not know anyone that voted for Trump but kept it a secrete from pollsters or anyone that was not a hard lefty willing to attack them for it. Most of the Trump supporters that I have met have been far more boisterous about it than the Hillary supporters out there.

What happened with the polls is that they simply fucked up. The people that they polled and the mathematical equations that they used were simply not indicative of the actual turnout.
Could be. We'll see how they and the media do next time 'round.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn, same old partisanshithead divide and conquer, while society continues to swirl down the shitter.
Yes, he's a partisan. A partisan liberal who sees what happened and is honest enough to admit it, and he's worried that this pushback will spread to England.

I don't really pay any attention to the whole "libs" versus "cons" ruse. The advance of high tech low profile feudalism will continue to foment social unrest and "neither" side is doing anything but increasing the societal wealth extraction paradigm.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn, same old partisanshithead divide and conquer, while society continues to swirl down the shitter.
Yes, he's a partisan. A partisan liberal who sees what happened and is honest enough to admit it, and he's worried that this pushback will spread to England..
I don't really pay any attention to the whole "libs" versus "cons" ruse. The advance of high tech low profile feudalism will continue to foment social unrest and "neither" side is doing anything but increasing the societal wealth extraction paradigm.
Which has nothing to do with the point at hand.

[

Identity politics is at its base the division of people into discrete groups, and the ranking of such groups in such a way as to create a moral pecking order, or more correctly, a pity party with some people more equal than others..

That is exactly what Christian conservatism does.

Whoa! Interesting update here, looking at the comment section of the piece.

There are definitely some of the same deniers we're seeing in this thread, but also some who agree wholeheartedly. There may be hope!

One example:

I am a professor at a major East Coast university. I teach the criticism and appreciation of literature and film. I just sent a link to this article to my graduate students and asked them to think about it in terms of their own lives and work. "Identity politics" and the "politics of difference" extends far beyond Freshman Orientation pep talks, special-interest fraternal organizations, speaking invitations, and hiring decisions in the contemporary American university. It warps and blinkers the entire intellectual process to the point that artistic texts are understood almost exclusively in terms of issues of race, class, gender, and other forms of so-called "otherness." Mr. Lilla's call to "we-ness" is intellectually long overdue. On behalf of my arts graduate students, I thank him.

The contention here is that conservatives have an open tent while liberals do not?

Awesomely funny.
They do.

People of every race, and on every end of the spectrum join the Republican Party all the time.

Meanwhile Democrats continue to bleed votes and have to rely on university and high school indoctrination to replenish their supply.

You idiots have lost white men and white women.

Time to stop being cowards and tell us what you really think about white people as a whole, and then whine about Republicans somehow using "identity politics" when white people take it upon themselves to retaliate to being attacked in a unprovoked fashion for decades.

Poor, poor white people!.

You idiots have lost white men and white women.

Time to stop being cowards and tell us what you really think about white people as a whole, and then whine about Republicans somehow using "identity politics" when white people take it upon themselves to retaliate to being attacked in a unprovoked fashion for decades.

Poor, poor white people!.
This is the attitude that will destroy your party in a very short amount of time. Your idiocy and hypocrisy is expressed at the highest levels of your party's leadership, and that is why your charade of "progressivism" and "humanitarianism" is not long for this world.

The sooner your party admits it is nothing more than the "I hate white people" party, the sooner Democrats will begin the fight for their lives to win California.

The right has been brain washing and dumbing down liberals since the 50's and it works. They have no idea of what they should believe. They are very confused.How else can you get a welder to believe that unions are bad for them?...or any occupation. obama has done nothing for working people and have made it worse. But you still praise him. Way, way worse too but they dont know because they can no longer think for themselves. The right understands....all too well. They get almost everything they want. The right gets it. Make profit any way you can and nothing else matters. Nothing. They do and the liberals sit there and suck on it. The lack of their identity is their own fault.

[

Identity politics is at its base the division of people into discrete groups, and the ranking of such groups in such a way as to create a moral pecking order, or more correctly, a pity party with some people more equal than others..

That is exactly what Christian conservatism does.

Not even close. Back in the moral majority days they considered themselves the "majority", and tried to win via legislation. Today's SJW's know they are a minority, and thus go the court/public shaming route.

Forum List

Back