The end of cowboy diplomacy

musicman said:
There's a reason the MSM/DNC are charging headlong toward irrelevance.
Unrelated
musicman said:
The fact that they don't know (nor do they NEED to know) the inner workings of Bush's foreign policy doesn't deter them from passing the harshest possible judgement on it,
Speculation
musicman said:
or indeed exposing its most delicate and sensitive aspects - when doing so suits their anti-Bush agenda.
Unrelated
musicman said:
A case in point is the recent NYT debacle over international banking transactions.
Faulty Generalization and bad analogy.
musicman said:
How are they going to survive - in a business whose lifeblood is public trust - when, again and again, they prove to be A) nakedly anti-Bush, and B) wrong?
Your conclusion.

musicman said:
There's a reason the MSM/DNC are charging headlong toward irrelevance.

Mr.Conley said:
Unrelated

No - an absolutely valid observation, and right on topic.

musicman said:
The fact that they don't know (nor do they NEED to know) the inner workings of Bush's foreign policy doesn't deter them from passing the harshest possible judgement on it,

Mr.Conley said:
Speculation

No - provable, observable fact. Did you...READ the article which is the subject of this thread?

musicman said:
or indeed exposing its most delicate and sensitive aspects - when doing so suits their anti-Bush agenda.

Mr.Conley said:
Unrelated

No - absolutely relevant; goes to prior behavior, character and motive.

musicman said:
A case in point is the recent NYT debacle over international banking transactions.

Mr.Conley said:
Faulty Generalization and bad analogy.

A meticulously faithful recounting of pertinent facts, and a textbook illustration of the MSM/DNC in full, agenda-driven action.

musicman said:
How are they going to survive - in a business whose lifeblood is public trust - when, again and again, they prove to be A) nakedly anti-Bush, and B) wrong?

Mr.Conley said:
Your conclusion.

And one that is borne out by the facts - as a glance at A) their editorials, and B) their circulation numbers, will attest.

CharlestonChad said:
Apparently it does b/c most Americans disapprove of Bush, yet I can't remember ever seeing Fox news say anything bad about bush, and talk radio just bashes democrats in a half-ass attempt to distract the public for the fact that bush is an idiot who is damaging our country.

I'm curious ace,

What is your education level? You of course realize that President Bush not only received his Bachelor degree in History from Yale, he went on to earn a Masters of Business Administration from the Harvard Business school(Many believe this school is the most difficult to get through).

He also flew the F-102 Delta Dart interceptor and lived to tell about it. Being an incredibly unstable plane and also the first supersonic interceptor in the U.S. arcenal one would have to be not only intelligent and talented to merely fly it , he most certainly would have to be an accomplished analytical thinker to be able to fly it numerous times without crashing it..... hardly an idiot.

I would guess from your posts that you are not even successfully through high school. By calling the President an idiot you announce to the world that you know nothing about what you are attempting to talk about and most surely are the actual idiot. Not only that, I would guess that even after just celebrating his 60th birthday he would kick your ass in a boxing ring within the first round and could easily outride you on any mountain bike course you choose.:321:

I'm curious ace,

What is your education level?

Well, I haven't graduated medical school, yet. But I did finish college with a BS in Biology w/ a Neuroscience Minor.

You of course realize that President Bush not only received his Bachelor degree in History from Yale, he went on to earn a Masters of Business Administration from the Harvard Business school(Many believe this school is the most difficult to get through).

Harvard is the best university in the world. But that has nothing to do with the fact that Bush has no common sense and is completely out of touch with society.

He also flew the F-102 Delta Dart interceptor and lived to tell about it. Being an incredibly unstable plane and also the first supersonic interceptor in the U.S. arcenal one would have to be not only intelligent and talented to merely fly it , he most certainly would have to be an accomplished analytical thinker to be able to fly it numerous times without crashing it..... hardly an idiot.

Einstein could write up theories of relativity, yet he could not even find his way from the lab to his house at night. Someone had to walk/drive him home everyday.

I would guess from your posts that you are not even successfully through high school. By calling the President an idiot you announce to the world that you know nothing about what you are attempting to talk about and most surely are the actual idiot. Not only that, I would guess that even after just celebrating his 60th birthday he would kick your ass in a boxing ring within the first round and could easily outride you on any mountain bike course you choose.:321:

Funny you say that. I graduated highschool w/ a 3.74gpa on a 7pt scale (I later did the math, and I would have had a 3.94 on a 10pt scale, which is what all the states around SC use.). I've raced mtn bikes for 6 years, before going to college. I only quit b/c College of Charleston is a coastal campus, and there were no mountains close by. I still rode around the city, but not as much as I used to when I lived in the Blue Ridge mountains.

I've never boxed in a ring before, so if Bush is an experience boxer, he could probably beat me. Not like that has anything to do with a persons ability to run the country.

rtwngAvngr said:
You obviously don't listen to talk radio and haven't read mm's posts. They're actually presenting thoughful, articulate argument. YOu must be too dense to get it.

I listen to talk radio daily and I know how they operate. Sweet personal attack at the end, I thought only liberals used personal attacks?

CharlestonChad said:
I listen to talk radio daily and I know how they operate. Sweet personal attack at the end, I thought only liberals used personal attacks?

You obviously don't, or else you can't understand sound reasoning when you hear it.

rtwngAvngr said:
You obviously don't, or else you can't understand sound reasoning when you hear it.

Please, please, please do not try to tell me that the talk radio shows don't bash liberals to destract from their own faults in reasoning.

CharlestonChad said:
Please, please, please do not try to tell me that the talk radio shows don't bash liberals to destract from their own faults in reasoning.

They bash liberals AND have good reasoning. The two are not mutually exclusive. In fact, they bash liberals for having bad reasoning and running on pure emotionality, the primary emotion being hatred. They hate america.

Who do you listen to? What have they been wrong about recently?

ScreamingEagle said:
It's about time you bleating sheep got rounded up for market. "Nobody" liked cowboy Reagan either and he won the rodeo. Just because Bush talks first doesn't mean he won't shoot later. If you had won the election this is what would have happened to your all hat-no cattle leader...
:chains:

Well, we know from his history with Iraq that he prefers shooting to talking, thus proving the old saw, "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."

rtwngAvngr said:
They bash liberals AND have good reasoning. The two are not mutually exclusive. In fact, they bash liberals for having bad reasoning and running on pure emotionality, the primary emotion being hatred. They hate america.

Who do you listen to? What have they been wrong about recently?

Soley 1330am. Rush, M. Gallagher, and O'Reilly.

IMO they are all wrong in the way they debate flag-burning, the terrorist financial tracking leak, and gay-marriage.

CharlestonChad said:

I would think such a high grade point average college boy like yourself, would know about spelling, proof reading, spell check, etc......destract???? Really doctor to be, some would say that a mistake like that would make you an idiot. If it was just a typo that would be one thing but the i is nowhere near the e on my keyboard.

Being an advanced college graduate who will insist on being refered to as doctor as a sign of respect for accomplishment, shouldn't you afford the most powerful person on the planet a wee bit of respect for his accomplishments? That is the problem with most bashers of people who have done so much more than the average or even accomplished people in their individual fields. To be elected as a Congressman or a Senator is one thing, a lot of personality contest involved there. But to be elected Governor of the second largest state and then elected twice to the Presidency should garner some respect from dimwitted college students who haven't accomplished anything but the continuation of high school.

You have fallen into that trap of criticism of something you don't have a clue about. Just as the dumbasses that criticise professional athletes from their couch, (like they have a clue what it's like to perform at that level with those pressures) you, by criticising the President with absolutely no idea of the pressures he faces 24 hours a day and the sheer volumes of intelligence he must go over each hour, make yourself out to be the idiot with no common sense. I know it is really fashionable to make fun of President Bush, after all, he doesn't pronounce nuclear correctly. Try to imagine what it is like to have every move you make scrutinized by the opposition while dealing with the pressure of running the biggest economy in the world and attempting to protect 300 million Americans from our enemies around the world. How about dealing with nuclear war possibilities daily while your biggest decision is what to order at Taco Bell or once you do become a "DOCTOR" whether you should lance a boil on someone's ass.
As much as I disliked President Clinton as a man, I had to respect him for being the President and not getting all of us killed even while he made an ass out of himself in the Oval Office with a child.

I have been out of college now for 30 years and have reached what you would call the "old man" range of age, I have an excuse for mispellings and poor grammar...... you don't. You will eventually have the possible responsibility of another human's life in your hands, don't let it become routine and respect the fact that your actions could take an innocent person's life. It isn't the Presidency but it is a position that has pretty awesome responsibility, take it very seriously.

Bullypulpit said:
Well, we know from his history with Iraq that he prefers shooting to talking, thus proving the old saw, "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."

Sure thing Bull, there was NO talking before the Iraq war...
just so many UN resolutions that I lost count....:rolleyes:

You know, if Clinton had threatened a little violence instead of
just shooting the bull with Kim Jong Mentally-Ill
maybe Clinton today wouldn't be considered as having been so
incompetent...:poke:

ScreamingEagle said:
Sure thing Bull, there was NO talking before the Iraq war...
just so many UN resolutions that I lost count....:rolleyes:

You know, if Clinton had threatened a little violence instead of
just shooting the bull with Kim Jong Mentally-Ill
maybe Clinton today wouldn't be considered as having been so
incompetent...:poke:

Clinton was to busy with Monica to be concerned with such minor issues like national defense and dealing with terrorists

sitarro said:
I would think such a high grade point average college boy like yourself, would know about spelling, proof reading, spell check, etc......destract???? Really doctor to be, some would say that a mistake like that would make you an idiot. If it was just a typo that would be one thing but the i is nowhere near the e on my keyboard.

Nice find on the misspelling. I've become way to dependant on the ol' spell check web site. For some unknown reason, I forgot how to spell distract and on top of that I post w/o running it through spell check. You pay great attention to detail, which is something I need to get better at before I start calling myself a doctor.

Being an advanced college graduate who will insist on being refered to as doctor as a sign of respect for accomplishment, shouldn't you afford the most powerful person on the planet a wee bit of respect for his accomplishments? That is the problem with most bashers of people who have done so much more than the average or even accomplished people in their individual fields. To be elected as a Congressman or a Senator is one thing, a lot of personality contest involved there. But to be elected Governor of the second largest state and then elected twice to the Presidency should garner some respect from dimwitted college students who haven't accomplished anything but the continuation of high school.

You have fallen into that trap of criticism of something you don't have a clue about. Just as the dumbasses that criticise professional athletes from their couch, (like they have a clue what it's like to perform at that level with those pressures) you, by criticising the President with absolutely no idea of the pressures he faces 24 hours a day and the sheer volumes of intelligence he must go over each hour, make yourself out to be the idiot with no common sense. I know it is really fashionable to make fun of President Bush, after all, he doesn't pronounce nuclear correctly. Try to imagine what it is like to have every move you make scrutinized by the opposition while dealing with the pressure of running the biggest economy in the world and attempting to protect 300 million Americans from our enemies around the world. How about dealing with nuclear war possibilities daily while your biggest decision is what to order at Taco Bell or once you do become a "DOCTOR" whether you should lance a boil on someone's ass.
As much as I disliked President Clinton as a man, I had to respect him for being the President and not getting all of us killed even while he made an ass out of himself in the Oval Office with a child.

I see where you're coming from, but so many presidents before him have been able to successfully present themselves through speech and action by making decisions that agree with the ideals of the people who put them in office. Then Bush comes along and cannot even capture the respect from the people who put him in office.

"critise" is spelled critize. Some would consider you an idiot for a mistake like that.

I have been out of college now for 30 years and have reached what you would call the "old man" range of age, I have an excuse for misspellings and poor grammar...... you don't. You will eventually have the possible responsibility of another human's life in your hands, don't let it become routine and respect the fact that your actions could take an innocent person's life. It isn't the Presidency but it is a position that has pretty awesome responsibility, take it very seriously.

But I thought the only decision I would make is whether or not to lance a boil on someone's ass?

CharlestonChad said:
Nice find on the misspelling. I've become way to dependant on the ol' spell check web site. For some unknown reason, I forgot how to spell distract and on top of that I post w/o running it through spell check. You pay great attention to detail, which is something I need to get better at before I start calling myself a doctor.

Good idea Charleston.... my father was admitted into the hospital with an original diagnosis of Legionnaires' disease which was changed to pneumonia then to congestive heart failure. Over the next 3 weeks they tested him so many times that they had a hard time finding a vein. He wasted away to 115 pounds while these observant geniuses tested him as many times as the insurance would allow. I asked the head nurse why they couldn't get him some kind of nourishment through an IV since he refused to eat the shit they served at the hospital at a cost that made Ruth's Chris seem like McDonalds, she basically gave me a duh and went off to do whatever. After the 2 and a half week mark he had kidney failure from a bacterial infection that all of those doctors performing all of those tests failed to find. Since they were successful at killing his kidneys he was forced to spend time in dialysis which he hated worse than anything. Then the good news, he was brought up to the recovery floor becase he was doing so much better. My parents celebrated their 57th wedding anniversary in the hospital room and later that night, since he was doing so well, the doctor sent an asshole to get him to walk. This jerk must of been in a hurry to go watch a basketball game so he made him walk very fast even though he hadn't been out of bed in 3 weeks and was down to 115 pounds from 160. Later that night he fell trying to get out of bed. He died the next morning in dialysis after telling my mother he loved her. This story might give you some idea why I will never give a doctor any respect, they are nothing but a Mr. or a Ms. to me. Just like scientist they are not special, they just spent more time in school than most, they are just guessing like the weatherman.

This happened a couple of months after another hospital successfully killed my brother's Mother in law and then sent him the bill for 856,000 dollars.

All of these assholes treated both of these people who were pretty healthy a week before going into the hospital, like it was all just routine, there is a special place in hell for all of them.

CharlestonChad said:
I see where you're coming from, but so many presidents before him have been able to successfully present themselves through speech and action by making decisions that agree with the ideals of the people who put them in office. Then Bush comes along and cannot even capture the respect from the people who put him in office.

A used car salesman can make a speech that will make you want to buy a pile of crap, would you want to give the Presidency to him?
What makes you think a President is put in office to please the people? A President is put there to lead and to take the responsibilty to protect the citizens of the country. The President's approval rating is such bull shit. You're going to ask a bunch of assholes that get their news from Katie Couric what they think of the President and how he is performing, what the shit would they know? We have been fed horse shit from the Democrats and their idiots in the news media for six years in an attempt to undermine the Presidency and the general public doesn't care enough about politics to actually know the difference. Tax cuts for the rich....bull shit! War for oil....bullshit! blah blah blah.... What kind of imbeciles believe their garbage?

I don't give a shit what the public has to say about the President, they reelected Clinton and almost elected Gore and Kerry.

CharlestonChad said:
"critise" is spelled critize. Some would consider you an idiot for a mistake like that.

This is rich, in your attempt to call me out for misspelling criticize, you misspelled the correct spelling as well as my incorrect spelling.....I know you don't need to write legibly to be a doctor but shit.

CharlestonChad said:
But I thought the only decision I would make is whether or not to lance a boil on someone's ass?

After seeing what type of attention you have to detail I don't want you lancing anything, is it too late for you to go for weatherman?

Oh by the way, President Bush isn't an attorney. In other words, he isn't a professional liar and cheat(most politicians are lawyers). the public doesn't know how to handle an honest politician.

sitarro said:
Good idea Charleston.... my father was admitted into the hospital with an original diagnosis of Legionnaires' disease which was changed to pneumonia then to congestive heart failure. Over the next 3 weeks they tested him so many times that they had a hard time finding a vein. He wasted away to 115 pounds while these observant geniuses tested him as many times as the insurance would allow. I asked the head nurse why they couldn't get him some kind of nourishment through an IV since he refused to eat the shit they served at the hospital at a cost that made Ruth's Chris seem like McDonalds, she basically gave me a duh and went off to do whatever. After the 2 and a half week mark he had kidney failure from a bacterial infection that all of those doctors performing all of those tests failed to find. Since they were successful at killing his kidneys he was forced to spend time in dialysis which he hated worse than anything. Then the good news, he was brought up to the recovery floor becase he was doing so much better. My parents celebrated their 57th wedding anniversary in the hospital room and later that night, since he was doing so well, the doctor sent an asshole to get him to walk. This jerk must of been in a hurry to go watch a basketball game so he made him walk very fast even though he hadn't been out of bed in 3 weeks and was down to 115 pounds from 160. Later that night he fell trying to get out of bed. He died the next morning in dialysis after telling my mother he loved her. This story might give you some idea why I will never give a doctor any respect, they are nothing but a Mr. or a Ms. to me. Just like scientist they are not special, they just spent more time in school than most, they are just guessing like the weatherman.

This happened a couple of months after another hospital successfully killed my brother's Mother in law and then sent him the bill for 856,000 dollars.

All of these assholes treated both of these people who were pretty healthy a week before going into the hospital, like it was all just routine, there is a special place in hell for all of them.

A used car salesman can make a speech that will make you want to buy a pile of crap, would you want to give the Presidency to him?
What makes you think a President is put in office to please the people? A President is put there to lead and to take the responsibilty to protect the citizens of the country. The President's approval rating is such bull shit. You're going to ask a bunch of assholes that get their news from Katie Couric what they think of the President and how he is performing, what the shit would they know? We have been fed horse shit from the Democrats and their idiots in the news media for six years in an attempt to undermine the Presidency and the general public doesn't care enough about politics to actually know the difference. Tax cuts for the rich....bull shit! War for oil....bullshit! blah blah blah.... What kind of imbeciles believe their garbage?

I don't give a shit what the public has to say about the President, they reelected Clinton and almost elected Gore and Kerry.

This is rich, in your attempt to call me out for misspelling criticize, you misspelled the correct spelling as well as my incorrect spelling.....I know you don't need to write legibly to be a doctor but shit.

After seeing what type of attention you have to detail I don't want you lancing anything, is it too late for you to go for weatherman?

Oh by the way, President Bush isn't an attorney. In other words, he isn't a professional liar and cheat(most politicians are lawyers). the public doesn't know how to handle an honest politician.

No, he can become a pollster for the Dems. Same accuracy rate as in his posts

Those are both sad stories. I feel bad for you and your family.

:teeth: Sorry, I guess I'm still too new to the forums to be already making sarcastic post like that. It was a joke, btw.

If the doctor thing doesn't work out for me, there's always porn.

You don't seriously think Bush is an honest politician, do you?

CharlestonChad said:
Those are both sad stories. I feel bad for you and your family.

Thanks, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the importance of respecting the life of every patient no matter how old, because almost all have families and value.

CharlestonChad said:
You don't seriously think Bush is an honest politician, do you?

Yes I do, I know people that know him and his family, his father and mother, they are real. His favorite place on the planet is by his wifes side on their ranch in Crawford, Texas.....not as flashy as former President Clinton but then again I don't want a President that needs to be at every party in Hollywood. I want a President that understands the outrageous amount of responsibility he is intrusted and feels the sorrow of every casualty from war he has sent his military to fight..... I have absolutely no doubt that President Bush is that kind of man. Your question demonstrates the skepticism that 8 years with a President like Bill Clinton breeds.

sitarro said:
Yes I do, I know people that know him and his family, his father and mother, they are real. His favorite place on the planet is by his wifes side on their ranch in Crawford, Texas.....not as flashy as former President Clinton but then again I don't want a President that needs to be at every party in Hollywood. I want a President that understands the outrageous amount of responsibility he is intrusted and feels the sorrow of every casualty from war he has sent his military to fight..... I have absolutely no doubt that President Bush is that kind of man. Your question demonstrates the skepticism that 8 years with a President like Bill Clinton breeds.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Forum List

Back