The end of al Qaeda?

I think the country the Islamists can definently grab is Libya, there is no strong central army there to prevent a take over like Egypt has. Tunisia already has radical Islamists returning to the country.

I think the country the Islamists can definently grab is Libya, there is no strong central army there to prevent a take over like Egypt has. Tunisia already has radical Islamists returning to the country.

Yemen would be more at risk from what I'm hearing.

Al Qaeda requires the support of the people, why would they allow another repressive regime to immediately take over?

(CNN) -- When historians in future years grapple with the significance of the overthrow of the Mubarak regime in Egypt 10 days ago, coming as it did in the wake of the "Jasmine" January 14 Revolution in Tunisia, they may judge it not only as a seismic event, shattering and renewing the Arab political order, but also the key watershed moment in confronting the global al Qaeda threat.

The political, economic, and cultural stagnation that al Qaeda fed off for more than two decades has been replaced by the fastest moving change the region has ever witnessed, the most promising of Arab Springs.

The burgeoning democracy movement across the Middle East appears to have caught al Qaeda off guard and threatens to reduce the terrorist group to irrelevance.

Analysis: Why Arab Spring could be al Qaeda's fall - CNN.com

So the military takes over and you think that somehow freedom reigns throughout the middle east?

If anything, Al Qaeda will become much more powerful in all this turmoil and unrest.

I mean, they are terrorists after all. It's not like they promote turmoil and unrest just for the heck of it.

Yemen would be more at risk from what I'm hearing.

Al Qaeda requires the support of the people, why would they allow another repressive regime to immediately take over?

Doesn't have to be Al Qaeda, foreign fighters from Libya made up the most foreign fighters in Iraq besides the Saudis, there are already Libyan Islamist groups that we dont know about.

(CNN) -- When historians in future years grapple with the significance of the overthrow of the Mubarak regime in Egypt 10 days ago, coming as it did in the wake of the "Jasmine" January 14 Revolution in Tunisia, they may judge it not only as a seismic event, shattering and renewing the Arab political order, but also the key watershed moment in confronting the global al Qaeda threat.

The political, economic, and cultural stagnation that al Qaeda fed off for more than two decades has been replaced by the fastest moving change the region has ever witnessed, the most promising of Arab Springs.

The burgeoning democracy movement across the Middle East appears to have caught al Qaeda off guard and threatens to reduce the terrorist group to irrelevance.

So the military takes over and you think that somehow freedom reigns throughout the middle east?

If anything, Al Qaeda will become much more powerful in all this turmoil and unrest.

I mean, they are terrorists after all. It's not like they promote turmoil and unrest just for the heck of it.

Didn't you read the links?
Al Qaeda doesn't believe in democracy or secular freedoms.
They could have a hard sell to make on the newly-liberated people.

ref; Analysis: Why Arab Spring could be al Qaeda's fall - CNN.com

Nothing is certain of course but nothing is surer than there is going to be a lot of heartache and deaths ahead as opportunists try to move in.

At the end of it all, the West is never going to defeat Al Qaeda - it needs their Muslim support base to do that.

Which "people"?

ALL that don't tow their line of Sharia LAW...were you born under a rock?

That's not what is happening.

Not saying it may not happen. But the protestors aren't looking for theocracy.

Sallow.. I know you hate Mr Beck, but Dude... please just watch this episode with an open mind, and tell me (pm me if you want) where he is wrong.

Im not going to try and antagonise you... I just want to try and inform.... thats all. I swear..

The Daily Beck- Watch The Glenn Beck Show- February 22, 2011: Protests and Rising Oil Prices

But haven't we been told, nay, lectured, by the left that the Arab world is incapable of Democracy? Now it's a giant Cumbaya moment?

I think it is way too early to be predicting anything here.

Id say they need to take another look @ those teas leaves

While it would be a nice idea for this to occur, I think it's a bit more hope than anything else.

Egypt and Libya were secular dictatorships, so was Iraq (im not sure of Tunisia)

Iraq put a theacracy in place that looks like Irans theocracy.

At this point we have no reason to think that these dictators won't be replaced with what al Q wants. another country run strictly by shiara law.

While it would be a nice idea for this to occur, I think it's a bit more hope than anything else.

Egypt and Libya were secular dictatorships, so was Iraq (im not sure of Tunisia)

Iraq put a theacracy in place that looks like Irans theocracy.

At this point we have no reason to think that these dictators won't be replaced with what al Q wants. another country run strictly by shiara law.

Is that true?
Is Iraq set up as a Theocracy?
I am happy to be corrected but I thought they were set up as a democratic republic?

Is that true?
I am happy to be corrected but I thought they were set up as a democratic republic?

Iraq will very likely fall apart within this decade.
It sounds like Nostradamus, but that's where Iraq will end.

They stand to profit handsomely by the termoil. I mean after all? Obama is now bargaining with the Taliban...

White House shifts Afghanistan strategy towards talks with Taliban

Whoopsy!

:eek:

Whole NATO wants to get out of Afghanistan.
There is nothing you can win in Afghanistan.

The Taliban are no 100-men gang, they will have a role to play in Afghanistan's political system if Afghanistan shall ever come to peace.
The Karzai system doesn't include the whole Afghani society, it is doomed to fail.

Is that true?

Iraq will very likely fall apart within this decade.
It sounds like Nostradamus, but that's where Iraq will end.

It was created by the League of Nations early in the twentieth century so you're quite possibly right.

They stand to profit handsomely by the termoil. I mean after all? Obama is now bargaining with the Taliban...

White House shifts Afghanistan strategy towards talks with Taliban

Whoopsy!

:eek:

Whole NATO wants to get out of Afghanistan.
There is nothing you can win in Afghanistan.

The Taliban are no 100-men gang, they will have a role to play in Afghanistan's political system if Afghanistan shall ever come to peace.
The Karzai system doesn't include the whole Afghani society, it is doomed to fail.

Since billions of bucks worth of natural resources were discovered in Afghanistan I bet that there are plenty of companies licking their lips.
Why not leave it to Blackwater and Halliburton to pacify the region so that they can set up shop?
Privatise their arse!

Anybody who buys this line of shit should be blogging over at People.com.

Anybody who buys this line of shit should be blogging over at People.com.

Indeed. alQueida isn't going anywhere.

They Like the Democrat Statists in this Republic will just change their name and sew the seeds of distruction as they always have.

Forum List

Back