The Electoral College Poll

I have On Point with Tom Ashbrook playing now.

Every woman, and every independent, that has called in, has swung away from McCain since he picked Palin.

He went to the right in the general campaign instead of center.

Every woman, and every independent, that has called in, has swung away from McCain since he picked Palin.

I was watching a focus group with Frank Lunz yesterday, and the women really didn't like Palin.

McCain is going to have to dump her and admit his mistake. She is big, big trouble.

I hope he keeps her! Please!

I was watching a focus group with Frank Lunz yesterday, and the women really didn't like Palin.

McCain is going to have to dump her and admit his mistake. She is big, big trouble.

I hope he keeps her! Please!

If he dumps her he is really dead. He is stuck with her like glue. Right wing women will run from him if he does that.

That would be sweet. The house The senate and a mandate for Obama. Change is a good thing.

yeah, but you know what they say about "absolute power" don't you...?
:eusa_shifty:

although maybe we need to have that pendulum naturally swing back to the left by same measure it has swung to the right for the past 8 yrs. :eusa_think:

yeah, but you know what they say about "absolute power" don't you...?
:eusa_shifty:

although maybe we need to have that pendulum naturally swing back to the left by same measure it has swung to the right for the past 8 yrs. :eusa_think:

Why?----I'm tired of going back and forth and never going foreward.

Why?----I'm tired of going back and forth and never going forward.

i think our country has come a looong way and we will continue to move forward, either way...people are convinced an obama presidency will bring positive change...i don't see it...i see a jimmy carter recession redux..i hope to be proven wrong. the idea of mccain/palin running a campaign to reform government spending is very appealing to me..the rest of the religious right wing agenda i can do without, and if they don't offer some assurances to protect roe v. wade and gay rights, i think obama/biden will win in a landslide...all the tax dollars in the world aren't worth giving up human rights over.

i think our country has come a looong way and we will continue to move forward, either way...people are convinced an obama presidency will bring positive change...i don't see it...i see a jimmy carter recession redux..i hope to be proven wrong. the idea of mccain/palin running a campaign to reform government spending is very appealing to me..the rest of the religious right wing agenda i can do without, and if they don't offer some assurances to protect roe v. wade and gay rights, i think obama/biden will win in a landslide...all the tax dollars in the world aren't worth giving up human rights over.

The President has no power to do anything about Roe V Wade. Never has, never will. And the Supreme Court is not going to change it either. No matter who McCain would put on the court.

If he dumps her he is really dead. He is stuck with her like glue. Right wing women will run from him if he does that.

I think most women will run from McCain when they find out how he treats women. Look at his first wife. He called her a "****". [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOl4iT46Eec]YouTube - Did John McCain Call His Wife A C**t?[/ame] Then at a rally he laughed when a supporter referred to Hillary as a "Bitch". [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Nt5ADY7ug]YouTube - McCain Supporter: "How Do We Beat the Bitch?"[/ame] McCain must really think that we are apathetic and stupid. Palin is nothing even close to Hillary. She is a right wing zelot. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

This is just stupid.

NPR listeners were never going to vote for McCain in the first place.

We really should have a political acumen test for new registrees. Or change the name of the board to "politics for 4 year olds."

The President has no power to do anything about Roe V Wade. Never has, never will. And the Supreme Court is not going to change it either. No matter who McCain would put on the court.

I agree. If the republicans wanted to overturn RvW they have had plenty of opportunity.

They have had nine (NINE!) picks to the supreme court since 1980.

http://judicialnetwork.com/contents/press/jcn_timetable.pdf

Reagan had five picks. Five! Bush 41 had 2. Bush 42 had 2.

I am becoming convinced that abortion is USED as an issue to get the right out to the polls. If RvW was overturned, the republicans would have a much harder time turning out the base. You think they want that?

I am becoming convinced that abortion is USED as an issue to get the right out to the polls. If RvW was overturned, the republicans would have a much harder time turning out the base. You think they want that?

Stunning insight.

I'll bet you also independently came up with such earth-shattering discoveries such as:

The sky is blue

The grass is green

2 + 2 = 4.

Brilliant.

Stunning insight.

I'll bet you also independently came up with such earth-shattering discoveries such as:

The sky is blue

The grass is green

2 + 2 = 4.

Brilliant.

It is good to see that you agree. I find it horrendous that the republican politicians claim to be pro-life - just so they can pull the conservative base like puppets to the polls. In other words, the republican politicians don't care at all about a baby's life, when life starts, or whether abortion is murder.

They just need you to pull the lever for them, so they can keep raking in money and power for themselves. It is sickening.

The single fastest way to reduce abortion is to reduce poverty. This is one of the democrats planks. It is not one of the republicans planks.

Centrist for reducing poverty, abortion, and voting OBAMA/BIDEN

Why do I get the feeling that this story (we're winning! No we're winning!) is going to play to, or even past, the actual election????

It is a horserace.

I agree. If the republicans wanted to overturn RvW they have had plenty of opportunity.

They have had nine (NINE!) picks to the supreme court since 1980.

http://judicialnetwork.com/contents/press/jcn_timetable.pdf

Reagan had five picks. Five! Bush 41 had 2. Bush 42 had 2.

Totally. And can you blame them? Look how wild the base Republicans went over this women from Nowhere largely because she opposes abortion. The right wing of the Republican party is a bunch of idiots

No, they are not idiots. They care deeply about children that have not been born. I do too. Do you know that stillborn babies are not given birth certificates? This is awful. It is a small thing, that would be mean so much to that mother.

But, if after 20 years of republican presidency and nine US Supreme court picks they still haven't overturned RvW then something starts to smell in the GOP leaders.

Reducing poverty is known to reduce abortion rates. Obama stands for reducing poverty. He has even introduced a plank into his party's platform to provide additional help to mothers who are having difficulty keeping a pregnancy. Help so that she can keep the baby.

Last edited:
No, they are not idiots. They care deeply about children that have not been born. I do too.

But, if after 20 years of republican presidency and nine US Supreme court picks they still haven't overturned RvW then something starts to smell in the GOP leaders.

Perhaps the Democrats should be pointing this fact out more

Forum List

Back