Congratulations Sarah Palin! You're going to be a grandmother.

Dirt McGirt

Bad Mother****er
Dec 19, 2006
:eusa_clap:

Palin’s Daughter Pregnant

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has announced that her 17-year-old daughter is five months pregnan. The announcement is “intended to knock down rumors by liberal bloggers that Palin faked her own pregnancy to cover up for her child,” says the Reuters news service, which carried the first report.

In a statement, the Palin family says that Bristol Palin is “about five months pregnant” and that she intends to marry the father. “We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us," the Palins said in the statement. "Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support.”

The Palin family asked the media to “respect our daughter” and her privacy. According to the Reuters report, John McCain’s campaign was aware of the pregnancy when the Arizona senator selected Palin to be his running mate last week.

Update: The following is the full Palin statement as released by the McCain campaign:

"We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us. Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. We're proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support."

"Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family. We ask the media to respect our daughter and Levi's privacy as has always been the tradition of children of candidates."

Palin’s Daughter Pregnant - Horserace

Everything is fair game in politics, especially when you're running on a family values and morality based campaign. The conservatives have made teen pregnancy and premarital sex part of their platform. However, it'd be good strategy for Obama not to touch this with a ten foot pool and let the moral conservatives cast their stones.

Personally, I see this as a non-issue but she will have some doubts when talking about family values.

Everything is fair game in politics, especially when you're running on a family values and morality based campaign. The conservatives have made teen pregnancy and premarital sex part of their platform. However, it'd be good strategy for Obama not to touch this with a ten foot pool and let the moral conservatives cast their stones.

Personally, I see this as a non-issue but she will have some doubts when talking about family values.

What's the problem with the values of this family ?

What's the problem with the values of this family ?

Ummmmm....isn't Family Values 101 all about not making babies before you get married? And doesn't it help to graduate high school first? Why did Sarah teach this girl to keep her pants on around boys?

John McCain’s campaign was aware of the pregnancy when the Arizona senator selected Palin to be his running mate last week.

I doubt that very highly. He's already polling low with conservatives. After getting ass raped in South Carolina back in 2000, why would he think that this would be overlooked within his party?

Probably because it seemed the proper thing to do. Find me a kid who is totally obedient. Besides--it's her body, right--she can do what she wishes.

Ah, the ol' "it's her body" argument. That'll go over nicely with conservatives. :badgrin:

Ummmmm....isn't Family Values 101 all about not making babies before you get married? And doesn't it help to graduate high school first? Why did Sarah teach this girl to keep her pants on around boys?

Also, dumbass, about accountability when you make mistakes.

Which everyone does.

But your compassion is overwhelming. I can see what a staunch advocate you must be for the young and disillusioned. Do you use these same skills as you're herding them into the abortion clinics?

Ah, the ol' "it's her body" argument. That'll go over nicely with conservatives. :badgrin:

Conservatives have always been more rigorously defensive of the rights of individuals than have lefties. The difference is, we extend those rights to the unborn, the vulnerable, the infirm, and people who don't share our views.

While I think that staunch conservatives might balk at the fact that Palin's 17 yr. old daughter was sexually active...I think that when her daughter taking responsibility for herself, marrying the baby's father and having the child is played right next to Obama's "I wouldn't want my daughter punished with a baby" comment...Palin is going to look like a woman sticking to conservative values through thick and thin...and obviously a woman who has taught those values to her family. Her daughter might have messed up - but shes acting responsibly, getting married and keeping the baby.

Again - I think it would be a HUGE mistake for the Democrats to try to make this an issue.

All they are going to do is look like mean-spirited jerks who would pick on a 17 year old girl to try to win some political points. That's not going to win over undecided women voters.

Conservatives have always been more rigorously defensive of the rights of individuals than have lefties. The difference is, we extend those rights to the unborn, the vulnerable, the infirm, and people who don't share our views.

:lol: holy shit, you're on a roll today. I thought you couldn't make me laugh any harder than in the other thread.

I do wonder, why didn't Palin announce this sooner, like at her speech accepting McCain's choice as her for VP when she was introducing her family? I do now understand Bristol carrying little trig on stage with that huge blanket covering her up. that was pretty smart of them. :eusa_clap:

I do agree, this is a private issue but it's made public by Sarah Palin and the conservative rights stance on not only abortion but also birth control in general.

The difference is, we extend those rights to the unborn, the vulnerable, the infirm, and people who don't share our views.

No you don't. You do everything for the foetus, but once born, tuff shit if they are poor, without healtcare, etc. You want to get rid of medicare, medicaid, social security and give MSAs to people who don't have a job. The ruling right doesn't give a crap about these groups unless it involves votes. Please don't paint your self as the moral angels of politics.:cuckoo:

What a crock of Alibable.

The only way this would hurt her is if Bristol got an abortion. That is not the case and the moral conservatives will actually fairly sympathetic about this. There are lots of conservative families with daughters in trouble. This is just another issue that woman will identify with.

Do you use these same skills as you're herding them into the abortion clinics?

No foetus herding is more like cat herding, it is not an easy task with a bunch of get along little doggies. Written in the vein to answer your snotty little better than you post.

No you don't. You do everything for the foetus, but once born, tuff shit if they are poor, without healtcare, etc. You want to get rid of medicare, medicaid, social security and give MSAs to people who don't have a job. The ruling right doesn't give a crap about these groups unless it involves votes. Please don't paint your self as the moral angels of politics.:cuckoo:

What a crock of Alibable.

It is a matter of basic rights. Our own founding documents speak of the inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Healthcare, medicare, mediaid, and social security are not rights. They are govt. programs that are privalages. That being said, we should do more to protect those lives once born. You are correct in that my party does does seemd to forget about that life that it wants to protect once born. We can do more and should.

Because Governor Palin doesn't have a remote control to her daughter's vagina.
:lol:

LMAO . . . that's reality. You can talk to your kids, educate them about sex and birth control (which in Palin's case - she probably tried to teach abstinence which is ridiculous) and they're going to do what they want to do. Could anyone tell you anything when you were a teenager?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this just might have been her way of rebeling.

Forum List

Back