Todd Palin - DUI in 1986

From NBC's Mark Murray
Just asking, but with everyone focused on other news today, is the McCain camp trying to dump a lot of negative Palin news? Here's an exclusive from the Christian Broadcasting Network's David Brody:

"Sources close to Sarah Palin tell The Brody File that the husband of the GOP Vice-presidential choice, Todd Palin, was arrested and charged with Driving under the Influence of alcohol back in 1986. He was 22 years old at the time. He was driving in a truck with some friends in the small southwestern Alaska town of Dillingham when he was pulled over for the DUI. As is customary, he was taken to jail briefly. Sarah and Todd Palin were high school sweethearts so they were dating at the time. The Brody File can also report that there was no accident or injuries."

"Sources close to Sarah Palin also tell The Brody File that Todd Palin has been 'forthcoming about the situation and has indicated that it was a lesson learned from when he was younger.'"

sounds like the campaign is trying to be open and put everything on the table upfront for the sake of transparency and moving on to more important issues.

sounds like the campaign is trying to be open and put everything on the table upfront for the sake of transparency and moving on to more important issues.

I don't think this is even an item worth disussing but I also don't think this is the McCain campaigns effort at being forthcoming for the sake of full disclosure. If that were the case why didn't they announce all this on Friday? Why is all this coming out when the media and the nation as a whole is focused on the possible devestation by Hurricane Gustav?

None of this news is so ground breaking that it couldn't have waited a few days either.

It seems calculated and well thought out IMO.

It's brilliant and it'll probably work so congrats to them on that.

I think that they are putting it out themselves so that the Democrats and/or the media doesn't "discover" it later and put it out as if the McCain/Palin camp was hiding it - the whole "it's not the crime but the cover-up that kills you" philosophy.

While there is a hurrican going on!

And they rolled this chic out on a friday, which is news dump time also. Very strange!

I don't think this is even an item worth disussing but I also don't think this is the McCain campaigns effort at being forthcoming for the sake of full disclosure. If that were the case why didn't they announce all this on Friday?

probably because it wasn't the appropriate time or place to mention it yet.

Why is all this coming out when the media and the nation as a whole is focused on the possible devestation by Hurricane Gustav?

None of this news is so ground breaking that it couldn't have waited a few days either.

seems like they'd be damned if they didn't (dems would reveal it and portray it as if repubs were hiding it) and damned if they did...
It seems calculated and well thought out IMO.

and i'm sure they're hoping everyone is more focused on gustav! still, i really don't think they could help the timing of it...

And they rolled this chic out on a friday, which is news dump time also. Very strange!

they timed the vp announcement to be the day after obama's big surmon on the mount! to try to steal his thunder... just typical political posturing...

probably because it wasn't the appropriate time or place to mention it yet.

I'm sorry but she introduced her entire family, how hard would it have been to say "and we're blessed that our daughter Bristol is expecting her first child later this year"

Obama's 3 point bounce is slipping away.

The Obamanations are scared shitless :badgrin:

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: sorry but that's hysterical!

we're scared shitless of a woman in the midst of an investigation for abuse of power who just announced that her 17 year old daughter is pregnant and her husband as a DUI in his past?

keep telling yourself that

What the hell are you talking about, they made the VP choice well in advance of the hurricane's US landfall? The announcement came on Friday, one day before Obama's VP announcement. You are unbelivable...:cuckoo:

Last edited:
You really could have fooled me. Reactions say a lot.

When Obama picked Biden, most Conservatives were like, "sweet, Biden's a loser."

The shrill crescendo reached by the leftwing blogosphere ever since McCain's brilliant timing ruined on The Messiah's coronation speech tells me that fear is in the air, and Democrats cannot fathom why their boy's pathetic bounce is shrinking down to pre-convention levels at such an alarming rate.

I'm loving this shit :badgrin:

Forum List

Back