The Down Side to the Scott Brown Win

For the right I'd say the biggest downfall is that this election put a REAL scare into the dems early. The Senate seat gained now might have cost them seats in the future because had Coakley won the Dems might not have taken this November seriously enough. I don't think that is happening now. But then again it's the Dems who have famously fucked up many cups of coffee over the years so the right has that going for them too.

true...but remember the dems are smarter than the people....they will chalk it up to stupid voters and will press on.....watch....

Let's not forget that without the Dem supermajority, we'll have to find a way to keep Obama and Harry from buying off Collins, Snowe or Voinovich.

For the right I'd say the biggest downfall is that this election put a REAL scare into the dems early. The Senate seat gained now might have cost them seats in the future because had Coakley won the Dems might not have taken this November seriously enough. I don't think that is happening now. But then again it's the Dems who have famously fucked up many cups of coffee over the years so the right has that going for them too.

true...but remember the dems are smarter than the people....they will chalk it up to stupid voters and will press on.....watch....

It wouldn't shock me one bit.

First we stop Obamacare, then we'll work on the rest. Obama has had one full year of rubber stamp legislature and he got nothing done, thank God!! IMHO, this nation works best when the Legislative branch counterbalances the Executive branch.

After the campaign that Scott Brown ran he had best be the first Republican to come forward in a bipartisan effort with genuine open arms looking to come up with a real healthcare reform bill. If he doesn't he is gonzo in two years.

Don't get me wrong, I am as pleased as punch that Brown pulled out the win, but...

Imagine just how much more insufferable Hannity will be tomorrow...

I tuned him out many years ago because he was an annoying partisan hack. I don't imagine that has changed. I don't imagine this will help...
The up side I already saw, i watched olbermann at 8, and he had Chris Mathews on, and they looked like they were at a funeral.

Most fun i ever had watching Pravda..er, 'MSNBC.'

Don't get me wrong, I am as pleased as punch that Brown pulled out the win, but...

I tuned him out many years ago because he was an annoying partisan hack. I don't imagine that has changed. I don't imagine this will help...
The up side I already saw, i watched olbermann at 8, and he had Chris Mathews on, and they looked like they were at a funeral.

Ooo, maybe I'll turn them on in a bit for the replay...

Ooo, maybe I'll turn them on in a bit for the replay...
Watch it, it was great.

I almost felt sorry for him, the only time he perked up was when he did his worst person segment (with the usual hannity, Oreily & beck as the worst).

Almost. :lol:

Looks like that Rachel guy broke open the wallet and bought a new suit.

Looks like that Rachel guy broke open the wallet and bought a new suit.
Watching it?

Was I wrong?

I tuned him out because his program is more boring than a beige room.

But yeah, I don't suppose the chirping is going to make that dreary show any more entertaining than it already isn't.

He may as well, record one show and simply air it day in and day out, it is always the same

First we stop Obamacare, then we'll work on the rest. Obama has had one full year of rubber stamp legislature and he got nothing done, thank God!! IMHO, this nation works best when the Legislative branch counterbalances the Executive branch.

After the campaign that Scott Brown ran he had best be the first Republican to come forward in a bipartisan effort with genuine open arms looking to come up with a real healthcare reform bill. If he doesn't he is gonzo in two years.

That would be a really stupid thing for Brown to do. President Bozo and the Congressional Dems demonstrated what a stupid thing that is to do, and the majority of American people oppose both bills because they understand that no one understands the issues involved, the problems or the possible solutions well enough to present a bill that will reform it all. If the astonishing level of incompetence shown by Obama and the Congressional Dems in dealing with this issue has not killed health care reform for the present, if change is to come in the next few years, it will almost certainly be incremental change, viewing health care/insurance as a collection of discrete issues to be dealt with one at a time.

If Brown, as a freshman senator, has the clout to take the initiative on any issue, he would be smart to concentrate on the issues voters consider most important, not what Obama, Pelosi and Reid consider most important, and that would be economic recovery, which is what Obama would have done if he had been smart.

I find it quite funny that even with a 60 vote majority in the Senate and an overwhelming majority in the House that some stupid fucks think the Republicans are holding up legislation and obstructing the will of the American people...well guess what?

You have your answer tonight....you no longer have a lock on power and you can shove that bullshit healthcare bill and your progressive agenda where the sun doesn't shine.

Really? Ill be watching for that.

I find it quite funny that even with a 60 vote majority in the Senate and an overwhelming majority in the House that some stupid fucks think the Republicans are holding up legislation and obstructing the will of the American people...well guess what?

You have your answer tonight....you no longer have a lock on power and you can shove that bullshit healthcare bill and your progressive agenda where the sun doesn't shine.

Because of Kennedy's vacant seat and Lieberman the Dems never had a 60 vote majority to pass health care reform.

Because of Kennedy's vacant seat and Lieberman the Dems never had a 60 vote majority to pass health care reform.

Bullshit. Isn't it telling that with a lot less then 60 votes the Republicans supposedly controlled the Senate for Bush all those years ( only 4 but you turds keep claiming 8) and got all his agenda through.

My bad ... he still had Kennedy's vote .. they sent a place holder.

Bullshit. Isn't it telling that with a lot less then 60 votes the Republicans supposedly controlled the Senate for Bush all those years ( only 4 but you turds keep claiming 8) and got all his agenda through.

There's a very simple answer to that:

The Dems don't vote in lockstep like the GOP.

Forum List

Back