The disgraceful Jill Scott and 'ESSENCE FEST' treatment of our 'National Anthem'

I wonder how blacks like this, can sit back while this is happening TODAY?!!! But but but, America! 85% went to Brazil and other parts of the Carribean, but but buttttttttttt America!!!!!!

How can you desecrate something that was never sacred to start with? It was a drinking song dumb ass.

Look jackass, you know, and I know, this woman was using the 'Anthem' and was making a statement! It doesn't matter what the origin of the music was, the tune today is associated with our National Anthem. She did this intentionally to take a swipe at our country. You can try to jive and shuffle, but we both know what the intent here was. She could have just as easily taken a tune from another song, but instead she went after the Anthem.

Look jackass, you know, and I know, this woman was using the 'Anthem' and was making a statement! It doesn't matter what the origin of the music was, the tune today is associated with our National Anthem. She did this intentionally to take a swipe at our country. You can try to jive and shuffle, but we both know what the intent here was. She could have just as easily taken a tune from another song, but instead she went after the Anthem.
I'd say she achieved her goal. At least one MAGA's hair is on fire.

I'd say she achieved her goal. At least one MAGA's hair is on fire.
Idi Amin of Uganda tasted humans as meat. That woman with her massive weight would have lasted for weeks in a cannibalistic despot leadership.

This is the sort of dumb left-wing hate that doesn't solve any problems, but it widens the divide.

That's the same attitude as the insurrectionists who beat cops with a pole that had the American flag attached. Is that what you call patriotism?
What kind of patriotism when you are able to escape poverty because of the opportunities it afforded you then you shit all over it?

Fuck that fat hoe

Whoever wrote the lyrics is neither talented nor well informed. Slavery was not considered a moral issue throughout most of human history until the 19th Century. The United States inherited this institution from the British in the 18th Century and abolished it less than 100 years later. Its racial component was largely due to the availability of slaves in Africa and their natural resistance to malaria and other tropical diseases. Unfortunately, this carried over into racial discrimination after the Civil War. Even so, the growth of the US economy was never based on slavery, but on increasing industrial and manufacturing capacity in the Northern States.

Learning from the past does not mean we have to stay there.
Sure bro, keep telling yourself that fantasy......

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth…

They were talking about slavery...free labor........not manufacturing capacity in Delaware....

But hey, that's just one slave holding state...I am sure others didn't claim slavery was the greatest "ECONOMIC" interest in the world....

Oops!

"We must either submit to degradation, and to the loss of property worth four billions of money, or we must secede from the Union framed by our fathers, to secure this as well as every other species of property"

Mississippi was also talking about slavery......they were talking about how their economy was predicated on the slavery into perpetuity....

"But they know the value of parchment rights in treacherous hands, and therefore they refuse to commit their own to the rulers whom the North offers us. Why? Because by their declared principles and policy they have outlawed $3,000,000,000 of our property in the common territories of the Union"

Doh!

well, they were just democrats anyway....what do they know.....Fact is, England forced the US to have slaves, even tho we supposedly fought a war against England over taxes "Forced on us by England" -- but decided slavery was A-OK to keep...

I'll never understand the need to delude yourselves with these fantasies....it is much easier to say, slavery in the US was bad WITHOUT saying "but but they everybody was doing it!!" -- the US is the greatest country in the world by being "BETTER" than other countries, not adopting the evils of other countries and carrying on that evil...and no other country "FORCED US" to create a racial caste system for the next 200 years either....but here we are.....whining about a song that was originally written championing the institution of slavery......that's progress

Last edited:
Sure bro, keep telling yourself that fantasy......

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth…

They were talking about slavery...free labor........not manufacturing capacity in Delaware....

But hey, that's just one slave holding state...I am sure others didn't claim slavery was the greatest "ECONOMIC" interest in the world....

Oops!

"We must either submit to degradation, and to the loss of property worth four billions of money, or we must secede from the Union framed by our fathers, to secure this as well as every other species of property"

Mississippi was also talking about slavery......they were talking about how their economy was predicated on the slavery into perpetuity....

"But they know the value of parchment rights in treacherous hands, and therefore they refuse to commit their own to the rulers whom the North offers us. Why? Because by their declared principles and policy they have outlawed $3,000,000,000 of our property in the common territories of the Union"

Doh!

well, they were just democrats anyway....what do they know.....Fact is, England forced the US to have slaves, even tho we supposedly fought a war against England over taxes "Forced on us by England" -- but decided slavery was A-OK to keep...

I'll never understand the need to delude yourselves with these fantasies....it is much easier to say, slavery in the US was bad WITHOUT saying "but but they everybody was doing it!!" -- the US is the greatest country in the world by being "BETTER" than other countries, not adopting the evils of other countries and carrying on that evil...and no other country "FORCED US" to create a racial caste system for the next 200 years either....but here we are.....whining about a song that was originally written championing the institution of slavery......that's progress

Meanwhile, TODAY, in your homelend..............................................

Meanwhile, TODAY, in your homelend..............................................

My home land is Texas.......outside of that it is the United States.....outside of that it is North America...and it has been that way for me and mine for hundreds of years....

But aside from deflecting......why do you keep avoiding the history of MY HOMELAND of the United States??

Forum List

Back